Tokyopop talks to Pimmy at Anime Expo

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Merlyn_LeRoy

Tokyopop talks to Pimmy at Anime Expo

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Stephan Cho and some other guy at AX. They start talking about KS starting at 6:30 and get to the table about 7:00:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHOeqotZHA
ze spy

Re: Tokyopop talks to Pimmy at Anime Expo

Post by ze spy »

To be honest I thought Pimmy was a hambeast, I was surprised.
"That weird motherfucker"
techk8

Post by techk8 »

And still I am unable to see her face. I'm sorry if I sound like a creep right now.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

techk8 wrote:And still I am unable to see her face. I'm sorry if I sound like a creep right now.
She's an internet celeb. Good chance she's used to those of the Stalking persuasion.

Doesn't mean you should still do it, though.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Oh God, oh God, oh GOD! SHE SAID THEY WANT IT OUT BEFORE 2010 ENDS! GAAAH!!!

Why do I live in the middle of the damn Europe and can't attend such awesome conventions.....
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Smoku wrote:Oh God, oh God, oh GOD! SHE SAID THEY WANT IT OUT BEFORE 2010 ENDS! GAAAH!!!

Why do I live in the middle of the damn Europe and can't attend such awesome conventions.....
Don't feel bad. At least you have geography as an excuse. I live within a day of where AX was held and I didn't go because of work.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It was really cool to see those KS valentine cards and dakimakura's as part of the movie. Fun stuff.
Oh God, oh God, oh GOD! SHE SAID THEY WANT IT OUT BEFORE 2010 ENDS! GAAAH!!!
That'd be nice, but honestly I wouldn't hold it against them if they'd be forced to skip over into 2011. Those last 10% of a project are always a real killer.
VCR
lolbot

Post by VCR »

Oh I remember them! That guy bought a Pink Misha pin from me. Also his friend bought a Lilly V-Day card and wrote 'ur a faget' on the back, and gave it to him in front of mine and doomie's booth. It was hilarious.
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

Didn't the manifest Panel say that act 2 was about finished ?

there are at least 2 more acts to go, and oh god, while I wish "before 2010 is over" was true, I would take any bet that there will be something coming up that delays those expectations

of course they "want to get it out before 2010 is over", and I don't doubt they are trying hard. Buuut...I don't think we should get our hopes up high

and I don't really mind. it's better if they don't rush things and rework things again and again, instead of just throwing out something they are not really satisfied with just because "lets get that done already"
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

It's a bit more complicated than that.

Direction of Act 2 is basically done (which in turn means almost everything within Act 2 for every path is final), but writing, art and music beyond that is at different stages for each path. As per the blog, Hanako, Emi and Lilly all have their second draft paths finished, so writing-wise they only need editing (and there's finer detail than that behind the scenes, but I hesitate to go that far into progress details). Art-wise, every path is also at varying stages.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

and 4 months are enough to finish the last of the paths, edit them, proofread them, finish the art, finish the music and compile it all together to a working beta version, which then needs to be beta-tested ?

sounds like quite a workload for me

then again, I guess I should eb glad that the devs are looking positively enough at that workload to get that done in 4 months
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Akroma wrote:then again, I guess I should be that the devs are looking positively enough at that workload to get that done in 4 months
I'm guessing that in with any positivity there's at least an equal proportion of "oh god just make it be over already."
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

It's ways better to release a genius game (novel, bla bla bla, no fighting over words) after long ages then to release something that would let down all the fans and leave a lot worse impression then the act 1, in a shorter amount of time.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Smoku wrote:It's ways better to release a genius game (novel, bla bla bla, no fighting over words) after long ages then to release something that would let down all the fans and leave a lot worse impression then the act 1, in a shorter amount of time.
But they also have to balance that against the human impulse of seeing a finish in front of them and kind of stampeding for it just to get it OVER WITH, have their own lives back and eventually get into some new projects. (All the while thinking to themselves, "Thank god this isn't a 4 year project like KS was!")

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

Post by Guest »

are those pics in the folder on the video CGs from the game? :s what a spoiler