Favourite Ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

What is your favourite ending scene in Act One?

Emi: Is Carnival!
3%
Hanako: Nc5xb3
17%
Lilly: Promise of Time
9%
Rin: Clouds in my Head
22%
Shizune: Throwing Balls
25%
Kenji: The Deep End
6%
None: The writers are crap, I want my bandwidth back.
1%
None: KS is so great, an ending only makes me want more! Give us the full version!
12%
???: (The "I can't decide" option)
2%
Rin: en_a44 (RIN_END_2)
3%

Total votes: 744

kapparomeo

Re: Favourite Ending?

Post by kapparomeo »

SirMax wrote:Emi's was pretty nice but slightly ruined by Hisao completely blowing everything out of proportion-"Oh no, I was going to have some fried food, I might as well just tear my heart out of my chest!"

In Hisao's defence, most of the pushing to avoid the tasty treats came from Emi rather than himself - when he sneaks off for cake later, his worries are more from deceiving Emi than having any aversion to the food itself.
It also feels like it fits well into an on going narrative while still being a major event- Emi's seems anti-climactic, whereas Shizune's feels too climactic for being so early in the story.
That's a fair point with regards to Shizune, actually - I suppose it's easy to slip into seeing Act One as something self-contained.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

In retrospect, I've felt that writing the last scenes of act 1 to be a bit more "real" endings would've been smart.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I liked Shizune well before I reached her ending. Then the rooftop scene happened, and it was glorious. It had the best use of the fireworks in my opinion. And removing Misha from the scene made their whole attempt at communicating cute, and Shizune's gesture at the end seemed fitting of her. I must admit I was spoiled on this ending, as I got it first (well, before the other girls at least. The first time I played I died.) As I played through the other paths, none could tug on my heartstrings quite like Shizune's end did.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

My favourite girl is Emi, but I didn't really like her ending. Basically it's just about Hisao childishly pursuing his craving for unhealthy food and Emi trying to thwart him. It's not romantic at all and then Hisao leaves them alone and finishes the day reading in his room :shock: So I probably like her ending least of all.
Shizune's ending is kind of cute, but that Hisaos heart could be strained by throwing balls at a festival stand was pushing my suspension of disbelief to its limit. If something like that is going to kill him he should have died half a dozen times over he first week. Also the stuffed pet dilemma was a bit clichée...
Hanako's end was good. Chess would not be my game of choice for an evening with a girl I like, but it fit Hanako.
My favourite Endings are Lilly's and Rin's. Lilly's is probably the most romantic, despite Hanako being a tagalong, and Rin's well it has Rin in it and that alone sets it above the rest. It is deliciously different from the others, creative and them sleeping through most of it was absolutely adorable ;-)

So my ranking:
Rin >> Lilly > Hanako > Shizune >> Emi >>> Kenji
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I have to say "Clouds in my head" is the best as Rin really is cute while asleep. As much as I like Hanako, Rin's ending just really sparked something in me. That's really all I can say about it, you know what I mean, something you can't quite explain.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Linch

Post by Linch »

neumanproductions wrote:I have to say "Clouds in my head" is the best as Rin really is cute while asleep. As much as I like Hanako, Rin's ending just really sparked something in me. That's really all I can say about it, you know what I mean, something you can't quite explain.
i second that. Rin's Ending("Clouds in my head") somewhat meaningful.must be the fireworks. Geeeeeeeeeeeeee~
"Games And Fried Food!"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I just finished translating Emi's ending, and a thought struck me:
Why is it that Emi is the least popular of the girls?
Well, probably, because not even Hisao likes her very much. Throughout the whole chapter he thinks more about food than about Emi, and in the end he dumps her for the chance to get more food and then spends the rest of the day lonely in his room reading a book. It almost felt like a second Bad Ending to me. Why should the reader start to like Emi, if not even the MC likes her.
It's also a contrast to all the other endings. In all other endings he thinks of love or at least fondness, but in Emi's hs last thought is "it might be good for my health that she's helping me"

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Mirage_GSM wrote:In all other endings he thinks of love or at least fondness, but in Emi's his last thought is "it might be good for my health that she's helping me"
Perhaps its more along the lines of seeing her as a friend. Out of all the girls she is seen as more of a sister looking out for her brother's health at first.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
a3d

Post by a3d »

It's either gotta be Rin ending (normal) or Hanako ending.

Rin is just so HNNNNNNNNG when sleeping man, she's irresistible.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Mirage_GSM wrote:In all other endings he thinks of love or at least fondness, but in Emi's hs last thought is "it might be good for my health that she's helping me"
While that particular train of thought is somewhat lame on Hisao's part, the basic idea is that it's *gasp* somewhat more realistically paced than the others (cough Shizune's path lolol cough). Again, ENDINGS ARE NOT ENDINGS YET. The idea that Hisao absolutely must be falling in love with a girl after a single frickin' week seems pretty much ridiculous to me.
CEOofPwnage

Post by CEOofPwnage »

I keep thinking that at the end of the Shizune's route act 1 he said that he was falling for Shizune a little bit, I can't really remember exactly, but I don't think that he is completely in love already at the end of the route.

As for favorite ending, i'm guessing its just because i'm indecisive, but I voted for ???? not sure. Pretty much stuck between Rin, Lilly, and Hanako. Hopefully with the full release i'll be able to stick with a character.
???
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

EternalLurker wrote:The idea that Hisao absolutely must be falling in love with a girl after a single frickin' week seems pretty much ridiculous to me.
Of course he doesn't have to. I was just noting how Emi's "Ending" is different from the others and whether it could have an effect on Emi's popularity.
If I had to categorize the five "Good Endings" by Genre, four would be Romance and one would be Comedy... OK, 3 Romance, 1 Comedy and 1 Buddy Movie ;-)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Wasn't the Rin ending 2 just an internet joke?
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

EternalLurker wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:In all other endings he thinks of love or at least fondness, but in Emi's hs last thought is "it might be good for my health that she's helping me"
While that particular train of thought is somewhat lame on Hisao's part, the basic idea is that it's *gasp* somewhat more realistically paced than the others (cough Shizune's path lolol cough). Again, ENDINGS ARE NOT ENDINGS YET. The idea that Hisao absolutely must be falling in love with a girl after a single frickin' week seems pretty much ridiculous to me.
The feeling I got from that ending was that by the end, it was sort of a future narration. Pretty much a graduated Hisao thinking back and saying 'Oh, hey, this is where she really started meaning something to me.'

Plus, after being starved for human contact for half a year and then suddenly having most every waking minute spent in close quarters with a cute girl can do wonders for a man's emotional intuition.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Smoku wrote:Wasn't the Rin ending 2 just an internet joke?
Why, yes, yes it was.
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune