KS Demo mistake? Released too early?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EternalLurker

Re: KS Demo mistake? Released too early?

Post by EternalLurker »

I probably would've just figured that Yuuko was meant to look like that and thus not bothered with her much (there isn't much else to like about her aside from her original attractiveness, since she's a minor character who's naive and clumsy and that's about it), but the alternate Emi doesn't take a comparison to the original in order to stand out ridiculously.

Ninja'd...no comment.
atat

Post by atat »

There is some truth to the complaints, personally since it's free, and act one was good, I'm patient (also VN's aren't my main thing, I'm a turn based strategy guy).

The truth is, that deadlines might help the dev's. It might not. Some people break under pressure, some thrive (I thrive when the gun is to my head). It would be nice if the dev's were the thrive under pressure folk because then some one could gun to the head them, and it would come out... but they seem like 'thrive away from pressure' types. Not my kinda of people, but eh.

But like I said, I really don't care. Ain't no biggie, I'll just keep checking and one day it will be a nice little present, hopefully on a day I could use a little pick me up (a day when I'm not perfectly content, I'm pretty laid back). That would be sweet.
Nixons back!!!!
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

atat wrote:It would be nice if the dev's were the thrive under pressure folk because then some one could gun to the head them
...Who? They are a collection of random people on the Internet who have expressed absolutely no interest in getting money for this product despite plenty of interest. Neither rewards nor threats could possibly be sufficient to enforce a deadline against a group like that.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It would be nice if the dev's were the thrive under pressure folk because then some one could gun to the head them
Yeah, because then instead of having to wait passively and acknowledge the fact we're reliant on others, we could spend our time spamming the boards with those typical "It's never gonna be released. Just admit it. I dare you to prove me wrong!"-posts that pop up here on occasion and feel good about our abuse by knowing we're really helping the game get done sooner. Things don't work that way, m'boy. Accept that there are things in life that are beyond your control. :)
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Oh, hai Aoko VN that was announced two years ago, delayed several times and has no sex, no voices and only one path. And hai, Tsukihime remake that was also announced two years and then never mentionned again.

At least I know I'll see Shizune naked eventually.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

I'll patiently wait for my Tsukihime no matter how long it takes. Starcraft DID survive for 10+ years you know.

I hope Shizzy is no Tsundere. After playing Deardrops Riho's route, that's what I hope. But I think the chances are low.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Xuan wrote:I hope Shizzy is no Tsundere.
As much as I disagree with that sentiment, A22 has stated that he dislikes the tsundere archetype, or at least wants Shizune to not be shoved into that category. So while she may have some tsundere moments, that won't be all she is.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I agree with basically everything Suriko said.

I would like to add that releasing the VN early had a good side effect. Many people were kind of oblivious about or had a negative opinion on visual novels, dismissing them as mostly "dating sims for lonely guys".

However, this managed to spark interest even in those people, who in turn surrendered and decided to check out this one out of curiosity.

I'm one of these people. I used to think the genre was basically an excuse for fan service and fapping. Little did I know that many VNs tell a great, emotional story, and that the hentai thing is actually well connected to the story and not forced.

Now, I play VNs every now and then (didn't play many, but I'm progressing - I really loved Kana Little Sister and Yume Miru Kusumi, for example), and I honestly have the Katawa Shoujo devs to thank for, because if they never sparked my curiosity, I would probably never give the genre a chance.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Having read through this (yeah, i'm not a TL;DR person) it makes me feel glad that the fans and devs feel the demo was a good thing.

and Suriko's Joke(?) date has made my day, cos when it comes out someone (most likely not me) can say "you released it early!"

However, KS, and its Popularity makes me wonder on its wider affect on the VN scene, i mean for gods sake the demo... i repeat THE DEMO is being compared to what a few years ago were called "the best VNs" what effect will the completed version have?

now... I'm going back into my hole (with generator, pc, cigs, and a kettle) to wait for the final ver.
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
CEOofPwnage

Post by CEOofPwnage »

Frankly, i believe that the demo wasn't released too early. For me, with the demo/act 1 out, i have a general idea of how the game is going to be, great. Even if the demo was released closer to the actual release date of the game, some people might not have gotten hooked onto the game early enough to stick with KS.

Had the demo been released later, KS might have lost (can't think of the right words. something along the lines of the people that heard of the idea from the beginning).

For me, i've only been along with the whole KS thing from v2 i think (i think the first version i played had the current lilly, but only 2 story paths?/original emi and yukko?), and since then i've been checking on the site only on and off, but now a few years later, i'm starting to pay more attention to KS, hence my joining the forums. But from the first time playing KS, i've stuck with it since then and still haven't lost interest, if anything, gained more interest in KS.

Sorry if this is just a repeat of another post.
???
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

The one thing that I do regret is the number of people that are going to point at their forum posts in a year's time (or thereabouts) and say "Look! I told you! I worked all of this out!".

There are so many ideas floating around on this forum right now that some of them are bound to be correct. I sometimes chuckle at the hits and misses, but I think that will irk me a little.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

What's going to be even worse is people claiming that we totally got the idea from them.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

We didn't?

Oh wait I wasn't meant to say that was I...
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Well, I didn't, don't know about you.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Lilly path ghost written by KS forums, news at eleven. Also I don't mind that someone guesses right, it's not like KS is a mystery/detective story.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents