Lilly's vs. Akira's accent?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Quidoo

Re: Lilly's vs. Akira's accent?

Post by Quidoo »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:No, you're still right. "Akira" is also the feminine form of Acair, but unrelated to the Japanese Akira, which is male or female.
Are you getting that from Wikipedia? That's where I was put under the impression that it was female, but I checked various other sources which say that it is a male name:

Here are three.

I guess this is an example of the 'dodginess' of Wikipedia. Or did you use another source?

EDIT: Okay, i'm confused. You're right. Akira is a scottish girls name. Acair is a boys name. But Akira is the anglicised form of Acair? :?

I give up. It's irrelevant to this discussion anyway. Sorry, folks.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Quidoo wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:No, you're still right. "Akira" is also the feminine form of Acair, but unrelated to the Japanese Akira, which is male or female.
Are you getting that from Wikipedia? That's where I was put under the impression that it was female, but I checked various other sources which say that it is a male name:

Here are three.

I guess this is an example of the 'dodginess' of Wikipedia. Or did you use another source?

EDIT: Okay, i'm confused. You're right. Akira is a scottish girls name. Acair is a boys name. But Akira is the anglicised form of Acair? :?

I give up. It's irrelevant to this discussion anyway. Sorry, folks.
It's just further proof that nothing good has ever come of the English...probably. You know seven years ago I could say without worry that nothing good ever came of the English and now I just can't be sure because of him. Fucking pain in the ass.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:If so, I'd like her to lapse back into Kansai-speak when she gets hot & heavy with Hisao...
Thanks, I really needed a new fetish.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

HeMeido wrote:Thanks, I really needed a new fetish.
Fortunately for you, accents seem to be a pretty common one. I mean seriously, just try to find a straight American guy who wouldn't love to get it on with a British chick.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

qinop

Post by qinop »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Caesius wrote:Golly gee, Hisao, you gots a tiny pecker, don'tcha? Don't worry; I'll treat it real nice and gentle-like. ;)
Heh, a Southern Belle image actually fits Lilly. Though kansai could also be translated into a Boston or Bronx accent, as mentioned earlier. I shudder to think about Lilly talking like that.
I'm from Boston (well near it, believe me, it really doesn't make a difference in this case) and here is my translation of the above dialogue:
Oh my, Hisao, you gawt a tiny dick, don'tcha? Well, don' worry; I'll be gentle and treat it really nice. ;)

For the life of me, I can't recall any native using gentle-like or any other 'adj.-like' when they speak. Or pecker. Also, I don't think I've ever heard golly gee in my entire IRL life outside of sarcasm.
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you fags can stop arguing about retarded shit for a second and give me sauce?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Aura wrote:Something that occurred to me... I'm pretty sure the game script has no mention of any sort of accent on any character. Why does TvTropes have information that in the light of the actual product seems to be blatantly incorrect?
So, is it safe to say that "word of god" says she has no such accent? I just removed it from both the main trope page and the character sheet.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Csihar wrote:
Fortunately for you, accents seem to be a pretty common one. I mean seriously, just try to find a straight American guy who wouldn't love to get it on with a British chick.
Every time we've gone to the USA I've had to be pretty territorial when it comes to my partner or else women keep hitting on him. He's got this incredibly generic British accent (Think BBC news presenter and you have an idea) and yanks just fucking love it.
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

Csihar wrote:
Yep! Although I prefer Russian accents myself.
EDiot

Post by EDiot »

Csihar wrote:
I'm your man here. British accents are nothing special for me. My family is from Manchester, and I was born in Bournemouth. However, my mom is a yank, which makes me a born American citizen.

Anyway, if I wanted a British girl, I would have stayed in Britain.

However, German girls are where it's at.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

EDiot wrote:
Csihar wrote: Fortunately for you, accents seem to be a pretty common one. I mean seriously, just try to find a straight American guy who wouldn't love to get it on with a British chick.
I'm your man here. British accents are nothing special for me. My family is from Manchester, and I was born in Bournemouth. However, my mom is a yank, which makes me a born American citizen.

Anyway, if I wanted a British girl, I would have stayed in Britain.

However, German girls are where it's at.
Heh.

I wonder how long it will be before this guy just realised that he indirectly admitted to being gay.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

cpl_crud wrote:Heh.

I wonder how long it will be before this guy just realised that he indirectly admitted to being gay.
I don't get it
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Wrench Wench wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Heh.

I don't get it
Aussie humor... Perhaps he implies that the German women look like men? Or that there are no German women? I'm an ignorant Yank, so I don't keep up with the European jokes.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I took it that EDiot said he was American due to his parentage, then replied to "just try to find a straight American guy..." with "I'm your man."
EDiot

Post by EDiot »

That's kind of a stretch.

As far as German women go, they're great if you can get past all the body hair. It's Russian women that look like men, mate.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

EDiot wrote:That's kind of a stretch.

As far as German women go, they're great if you can get past all the body hair. It's Russian women that look like men, mate.
Funny cos I've never found either to be as bad as people claim.