Anyone else watched this?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Loki

Anyone else watched this?

Post by Loki »

Thought it was very interesting-the portrayal of disabled people in british television. I don't know if anyone outside the UK can watch it via this link however, so apologies in advanced! Link
Leotrak

Re: Anyone else watched this?

Post by Leotrak »

Nope, not working outside of the UK... Heck, I'm on the other side of the north sea, and I can't even watch it T_T
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

It's also on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxc2uhYfaCk (part 1 of 6)
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

When I read the first post I thought you were linking to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536142/

The "Cast Offs" series from last year. It was Katawa Shoujo meets Robinson Crusou (or Gilligan's Island depending on point of view). They had the thalidomide guy from the video above, plus the dwarf, as well as a deaf woman, a blind guy, and a few others all stuck on a deserted island. I only watched the first episode; it wasn't as funny as I'd hoped (then again, it's labeled a drama so maybe that's why).

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka

Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

There's a book that I always end up remembering when I think about KS. "The Acorn People" it's about kids with varying disabilities at a summer camp. It's entirely uplifting except for the last page TWEEST that turns the whole thing into a pile of BAAAAAW.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

There was some BBC show a while back called Britain's Missing Top Model about disabled models.