Emi + Phantom limbs =

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lurkmoar

Re: Emi + Phantom limbs =

Post by lurkmoar »

Well, a note about stumps and scars being erogenous, I've read that it might have something to do with tickling.
Now from what I remember, when you're tickled, oddly enough the nerves that are activated are nociceptors, sensory neurons that are involved in the perception of pain. As with all pain, endorphins are released at the same time in order to take the edge off, sort of, and to prevent further pain signals from being released. Of course, tickling is not pain, so your body goes "wtf?" and doesn't know what to do so it is eventually conditioned to meet this feeling with the nervous reaction of laughter, after all, you also feel good because of the endorphins, why not. And you can't tickle yourself because your body expects it, whereas someone else touching you is always a surprise.

So apply this to stumps and scars, I would imagine that they would be quite sensitive because you wouldn't them touched/have them touched much, and there would possibly be nerves exposed that aren't usually at the surface.
So you have someone else touch one of these areas, and it's a weird sensation, maybe nociceptors fire and endorphins are released, but there's no pain, and it's most likely a sensation that's different from tickling, and it's highly sensitive. It's not a stretch of the imagination to say that I've just described an erogenous area.
So, about Hanako...

It would certainly make the H-scenes unique.

The only problems I see with these ideas are that they feel too much gimmicky, and this:

Lurk: Aura-kun! Hey Aura-kun!
Lurk: I've got these great ideas! Let me tell you them!
Aura: Yeah, you and every other goddamn idiot on the internet. Stop telling us what to do. If we were to listen to the masses we'd be stuck with a pants on head retarded mass of H-scenes that cater to every weird fetish out there. And whatever respect we were trying to achieve for this project would be thrown so clearly and so fast out the window that it would reach escape velocity and find its way into deep space.
Lurk: Nyoro~n.
DovK

Post by DovK »

Oh, I remember this from my Psychology courses. Yeah, this is basically how it works:

When you're born, your brain is unformed. It's very loosely organized -- it can be considered, in fact, only animal if even that. During your years of development, certain pathways between neurons are used more often to process the patterns the brain finds in the world; the others, unneeded, are purged to conserve energy. This has two side effects: one, parts of your brain become locked into their function; two -- an unrelated note -- you're perceiving less of the world than you think you are (no need to waste processing time on things you already know, of course).

When you lose a limb, the neurons of the sensory cortex that deal with input from that limb (for this example, we'll say your both of your legs ) are no longer getting sensation. Unused neurons, however, are unhappy neurons. They are driven to make new connections. The nearest area of the sensory cortex -- which happens, in the case of the legs and feet, to be the region receiving sensation from your genitals -- repurposes the neurons that used to belong to your legs, and teaches them some new tricks. Now they can feel the input from your genitals, which is great and all because it means that no neurons are going to waste, but every other part of your brain has long accepted that these neurons represent your legs.

The end result is that they essentially forward (and, as we see from the sensory homunculus, magnify) every feeling from your genitals. His orgasm is 'bigger' in every sense. (His feet feel this more than his legs simply because feet have much greater nerve density than legs do, by the way.)

Foot fetishists take note, the reason why you find yourself attracted to feet lies in the same cause. Your sensory cortex is not perfectly made, and there happens to be a little crosstalk. This kind of thing is what makes some pain appear to be coming from the wrong part of your body (ever get a toothache on the opposite side of your mouth from a bad tooth?) and, interestingly enough, the 'crossed wires' are strengthened through repeated use, cementing this association between feet and sexual pleasure every time you use either.

The bad part, I suppose you might realize by now, is that when you lose your legs before a certain age -- and this would be a very young age indeed, you'd have to be less than eight I suppose -- your brain is not so locked-in with its neural organization and can simply trash the idea that you have legs and you'd feel orgasm in the same way everyone else does.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

"My feet are very ticklish, Hisao :wink: :wink: :wink: "
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

lurkmoar wrote:Lurk: Aura-kun! Hey Aura-kun!
Lurk: I've got these great ideas! Let me tell you them!
Aura: Yeah, you and every other goddamn idiot on the internet. Stop telling us what to do. If we were to listen to the masses we'd be stuck with a pants on head retarded mass of H-scenes that cater to every weird fetish out there. And whatever respect we were trying to achieve for this project would be thrown so clearly and so fast out the window that it would reach escape velocity and find its way into deep space.
Lurk: Nyoro~n.
Yeah sort of. Maybe hivemind gets excited and wants to add leg orgasms but I wouldn't count on it because: The dev team has talked about phantom limbs in past and as pointed out by the science in this thread it's likely that Emi experiences at least some form of phantom sensation. However in my opinion eroticizing the phenomenon like suggested here would only serve to fetisization of disabilities, something we are extremely adverse to in general. There is a line that we tread around pretty carefully and I feel this sort of thing crosses it. Anyway this is pretty interesting, I hadn't heard of this kind of thing before. Orgasms in body parts that don't exist lol.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

What about similar phenomena? People blind from birth who suddenly have some dream or hallucination with visual elements, because certain parts of the brain which are not connected to anything were accidentally stimulated? I am pretty sure I heard of it somewhere.(Note that this doesn't in any way make it true, the internet is a big place... so...)
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Aura wrote: Yeah sort of. Maybe hivemind gets excited and wants to add leg orgasms but I wouldn't count on it because: The dev team has talked about phantom limbs in past and as pointed out by the science in this thread it's likely that Emi experiences at least some form of phantom sensation. However in my opinion eroticizing the phenomenon like suggested here would only serve to fetisization of disabilities, something we are extremely adverse to in general. There is a line that we tread around pretty carefully and I feel this sort of thing crosses it. Anyway this is pretty interesting, I hadn't heard of this kind of thing before. Orgasms in body parts that don't exist lol.
Just to be clear, what he is saying here is that no, there will be no leg orgasms. Although it has more to do with laziness on my part (god, I'd have to go back and rewrite all that stuff are you JOKING) than respect for the disabled.

ANYWAY. It is an interesting phenomenon I guess, but I'm afraid poor Emi just orgasms like the rest of us. CANON'D.
Bara

Post by Bara »

TheHivemind wrote:ANYWAY. It is an interesting phenomenon I guess, but I'm afraid poor Emi just orgasms like the rest of us. CANON'D.
Well, maybe not quite like "the rest of us". This is the internet you know and that covers a really broad range. I'm sure if you looked around in some of the darker corners you might find sites offering to sell you custom made crotchless rubber chicken suits and other "odd" stuff. :wink:
But Emi is more likely at a stage where just having an orgasm with someone else involved is enough; the deviancy tends to arrive later in life. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

What a coincidence. Emi is actually pretty wildly into chicken furry play-sex

[shimmie]1178[/shimmie]
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
lurkmoar

Post by lurkmoar »

Eh, I thought as much, it was worth a shot I guess.

Kay, back to lurking, will update you guys if I find anything mindblowing again.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I always thought a Hisao/Emi romance could involve Hisao massaging Emi's legs, as there would be a legitimate medical reason (physical therapy) as well as being pleasant for both of them. "Spank my stumps, Hisao!"
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:I always thought a Hisao/Emi romance could involve Hisao massaging Emi's legs, as there would be a legitimate medical reason (physical therapy) as well as being pleasant for both of them. "Spank my stumps, Hisao!"
Oh it's there, right after that part where you "medically" rub aloe vera over half of Hanako's body... :|
Wow, these are some disturbing images.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Disturbing? Really? I think both are kinda sweet.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Oh it's there, right after that part where you "medically" rub aloe vera over half of Hanako's body... :|
Wow, these are some disturbing images.
And people wonder why I prefer Shizune.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

That Emi scenario is fairly disturbing.

The Hanako one, on the other hand :3
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote: "Spank my stumps, Hisao!"
This made me chuckle.