Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

Post by Suriko »

Hey everyone. Crud and I are going to be attending the Manifest anime convention, and will be doing a Katawa Shoujo panel there. We'd like to thank Cemex for inviting us to do the panel.

The convention will be held in Melbourne (at the Melbourne Showgrounds) on August the 20th to the 22nd, and the panel itself is on Sunday the 22nd of August.

Much more information about the convention can be found at their site, here: http://www.manifest.org.au

That's about it, I guess. Hope to see some of you there.
Member22

Re: Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

Post by Member22 »

Its good to see that KS is present in a convention with its own panel! Keep us posted on what happens :)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That's kinda far away, but I'd love to see pictures of the event once it's over unless the devs believe that it's not worth sacrificing their anonymity over. Cool stuff and hopefully, it'll get KS some additional followers.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Now I can't get out of my head the image of Suriko and Crud wearing luchador masks throughout the whole experience to keep their anonymity.
Because you can always expect some attendant to be there brandishing a camera to take pictures of the event.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Juno wrote:Now I can't get out of my head the image of Suriko and Crud wearing luchador masks throughout the whole experience to keep their anonymity.
Because you can always expect some attendant to be there brandishing a camera to take pictures of the event.
Damn and I was about to ask if someone who will attend to take pics.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nice to hear that the anime community in the Melbourne region is interested in the VN and and wants to tap some of the "local" (as in you guys are willing to travel that far, not implying you guys live in Melbourne) talent for a panel. Good luck on the panel. I hope you get the anime community in the region buzzing about KS (as they should be). :D

Any KS related pics would be great if you happen to come across anything noteworthy.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nightdragon wrote:
Juno wrote:Now I can't get out of my head the image of Suriko and Crud wearing luchador masks throughout the whole experience to keep their anonymity.
Damn and I was about to ask if someone who will attend to take pics.
Yep, I was tempted for a second to ask about pictures from the panel until I realized it was sounding like I was angling for pics of them. That struck me as a bit too "internet Stalker-ish" for my tastes. :mrgreen:
But I'd love to see anything related to KS, so I figured if they were behind the camera taking the pictures that would be good and not trigger my "I'm creeping myself out" sensors tingling.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Bara wrote:Yep, I was tempted for a second to ask about pictures from the panel until I realized it was sounding like I was angling for pics of them. That struck me as a bit too "internet Stalker-ish" for my tastes. :mrgreen:
But I'd love to see anything related to KS, so I figured if they were behind the camera taking the pictures that would be good and not trigger my "I'm creeping myself out" sensors tingling.
Lol what I meant by keeping us updated about what happens was probably a thread here or a blog post telling us about what happened and how popular ks was in the convention i.e how many ppl/fans showed up, their initial reactions after knowing what ks is etc
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
jijhijhet

Post by jijhijhet »

I'd love to go a katawa shoujo panel, but unfortunately I don't have the time or money to fly 8 hours into the future and back.
I kare not about grammer ro speling
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Melbourne... Australia. I never was abroad, not to mention on the other side of the world.

Post some pictures after that :(
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

As much as I'm a fan, I don't think I can scrape up the capital to jaunt across the ditch and pay my regards.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Wish I could be there. I'll just submit my "A God among Men" (KS + DeathNote crossover) story when it is finished in that fanfic contest they have. Hoping it brings a little more attention to you guys in the end. :wink:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
hir

Post by hir »

If someone from Japan sets up a comiket space application + akihabara tour, would any of the devs want to join in?

I could certainly show you around akiba and all...comiket space will require planning and some luck...
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

hir wrote:If someone from Japan sets up a comiket space application + akihabara tour, would any of the devs want to join in?

I could certainly show you around akiba and all...comiket space will require planning and some luck...
Depends will you pay for it all?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I doubt our translators would go that far... anyway I'm not that inclined, I was at Comiket a few years ago, living on the other side of the world makes it less easy to attend though I'm sure it'd be a pretty fun experience to participate on the circle side too. Maybe if someone would go to Japan anyway, they might be interested in timing their trip with a Comiket. The good thing about Comiket is that unlike many western conventions, participation doesn't cost much at all (because all your money will go to the plane tickets)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents