Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

neumanproductions

Re: Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

Post by neumanproductions »

cpl_crud wrote:I'll make sure to pack a couple of sharipes just in case.
And a few weeks later you will see an E-bay auction consisting all the devs autographs going for $50.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

If someone is going to eBay our stuff I'd like to see it up there before I get back to Sydney.

Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to conver the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Member22

Post by Member22 »

cpl_crud wrote:Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to conver the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
If this works, then I'd hope to Australians invade this forum/blog, just like the Japanese did some time ago :)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Bara

Post by Bara »

cpl_crud wrote:If someone is going to eBay our stuff I'd like to see it up there before I get back to Sydney.

Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to conver the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
Cool idea! If you have a few of those disks on hand you have something to sign as a sort of prize. (Better to sign DVD's than flabby (man)boobs.)

Have you considered any sort of use of screen captures from Act 1 to use to introduce the characters? (if a projector is available for your panel.)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
neumanproductions

Bara wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:If someone is going to eBay our stuff I'd like to see it up there before I get back to Sydney.
Cool idea! If you have a few of those disks on hand you have something to sign as a sort of prize. (Better to sign DVD's than flabby (man)boobs.)
Have you considered any sort of use of screen captures from Act 1 to use to introduce the characters? (if a projector is available for your panel.)
I say you should use that one of Rin eating for sure. Also, maybe Hanako in the library. This would be for non-sprite but CG of course.
Maybe they would allow the Shizune Lilly confrontation there; I don't know the regulation on panty shots at this thing. :roll:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

neumanproductions wrote: I say you should use that one of Rin eating for sure. Also, maybe Hanako in the library.
I can see it now.

*Rin CG is shown*

*Hanako CG is shown right after*

"What's wrong with her?"

"She's got a bad case of moe."

"But that's not an actual disability..."

:lol:
Hanako Lover
DESU

Post by DESU »

cpl_crud wrote:Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to cover the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
don't waste your money with dvd's, the installer (as well as the uncompressed game files) for act1v3 is under 200 megs (under a cd's 700Mb limit), get CD's instead, they're cheaper.

oh, and if you want to use one of our fan-made dvd cases (though I would change DVD on the cases to say CD instead). maybe even my lightscribe/labeler idea
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Bara

Post by Bara »

DESU wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to cover the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
don't waste your money with dvd's, the installer (as well as the uncompressed game files) for act1v3 is under 200 megs (under a cd's 700Mb limit), get CD's instead, they're cheaper.

oh, and if you want to use one of our fan-made dvd cases (though I would change DVD on the cases to say CD instead). maybe even my lightscribe/labeler idea
Oh, that's certainly a good point on CD's being less expensive than DVD's. I guess it comes down to the personal time and cash Crud wants to go out of pocket on. Crud can make his decisions about what is practical for the panel; we can just focus on shooting him some ideas to think about.
Here is one frankly, corny idea, Crud and Suriko might consider if they want to use some props as stage setting during the panel. If the subject of the "Bad End" in Act 1 comes up, they can stop for a few seconds and place a whiskey bottle (might have to be empty or filled with tea because of Con rules.) and a bag of pretzels on the table. Once the 'Manly Picknick' is in place start answering questions. It is not exactly smashing watermelon on stage but it might easily be more than they want to do.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
a3d

Post by a3d »

Good luck with the panel and all, shame I'm unable to go with the whole distance thing and all.

Hope we get more "converts" hehe.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

cpl_crud wrote:Also I'm going to try and make some DVDs with V3 on it to try to conver the masses. Let's face it, they're not going to convert themselves.
Probably would be more successful if it's v1, until Emi stops being a sketch.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

EternalLurker wrote:Probably would be more successful if it's v1, until Emi stops being a sketch.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

neumanproductions

Just heard LittleKuriboh is going to be there so someone say hi for me.
Anyways, enjoy yourselves there and if they mention anything about that fanfic contest be sure to mention KS since they will probably be slightly questioning what it is when I send in my piece; also I think I should convince Kosher to send in one of his.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Okay everyone, jsut about a week to go until this panel.

We will be audio recording the panel, and there is a small chance Suirko and I will be online in the IRC channel whilst this is happening.

Since we realise Melbourne is a long way from everyone, we thought it would be a good idea to give some of you a chance to ask us some questions in advance.

Simply PM your questions to myself or Suriko and we'll answer a couple of them during the panel. We'll then post all of the audio somewhere on the internet for y'all.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
neumanproductions

I was just looking at the time table and saw you're presenting at around noon on Sunday. Wishing you guys luck and wish I could have been there. Blow their socks off.
Seem like it would have been fun there; especially with LK and cosplay chess. Boohoo me. :cry:
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Yo. Thanks to those of you that showed up.

I'll post the audio later on, and I'm sure we can get the trailer up at some point

------