Katawa Shoujo manga?...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bradpara

Re: Katawa Shoujo manga?...

Post by bradpara »

I would like to see a Mange Adaptation of the Main Storyline. Though sadly I think it would be best to wait for the full game to come out. The most difficult thing IMHO would be the standard problem of writing any sort of Anime/Manga adaptation of a VN. First like it or not, who ever was doing the adapting would have to pic a girl as the main love intrest. And who ever gets chosen, the fans of the other four will most likely not be happy. (Though Lilly/Hanako fans might be cool if the other half of tht duo gets picked) while at the same time they are going to have to come up with enough story elements to make everyone else happy. Heck just writing the Festival is gong to be a royal pain and that is the end of Volume One.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

We don't HAVE a "main storyline".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Well, you mentioned it yourself, there is no "main path", so in that respect, it would be impossible to have a proper manga (and by this I mean a manga that has a progressive story). But if you look at, say, Fate/Stay Night (probably isn't the best example VN to pick, since the plot is very different), you can see that there are hundreds of great doujins, most unrelated to the others except for the part about sharing the same universe. That's the most likely approach I can see being taken to KS, something slice-of-life style, perhaps it could go into a girl's route, but not as a permanent decision.
Nyo ho ho~
Bara

Post by Bara »

A manga adaptation?? I think that would be taking a step backwards. While I have no experience at doing an adaptation like your talking about I really have trouble seeing even ACT 1 of KS being condensed down to 150 pages without frankly creating a half-baked "KS-Light" bastardization. I mean unless you are Amish and your religious beliefs forbid you from owning a computer there is no need for it to be done; just download and enjoy KS as created.
The effort of the Dev team has been to make this story in a format beyond simple printed text or printed text and illustrations. But hey, I am not a Dev or anything. Maybe you could convince them to do an adaptation into a different format. I suggest you hang around in the IRC channel and see what they have to say about that. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Silentcook wrote:We don't HAVE a "main storyline".
Kinda what I meant to say. Sorry for the poor choice of words
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Might as well make it like the Higurashi manga. Two volumes for each girl.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I thought the higurashi manga was just a retelling of the VN.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

ubergeneral wrote:I thought the higurashi manga was just a retelling of the VN.
some of the manga is, but there are new stories too.

You get what I mean though, right?
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

It seems possible that someone will create manga for this VN. Would be amusing if Raita did so. Though I don't actually like his work, as he seems to devalue women. I come to this conclusion based on how sickly he makes them look.
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."
Sid Vicious

Post by Sid Vicious »

They already made a joke about making a anima and if they are not making an anima about ks then there isnt a manga
I'll die before I'm 25, and when I do I'll have lived the way I wanted to-RIP Sid Vicious

Hanako > Rin > Lily > Emi > Shizune
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Sid Vicious wrote:They already made a joke about making a anima and if they are not making an anima about ks then there isnt a manga
That's like saying "they're not making cookies, so they won't be making bread either" when you're in a bakery -_-"
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Sid Vicious

Post by Sid Vicious »

Leotrak wrote:
Sid Vicious wrote:They already made a joke about making a anima and if they are not making an anima about ks then there isn't a manga
That's like saying "they're not making cookies, so they won't be making bread either" when you're in a bakery -_-"
you have a point but i still don't think they will
I'll die before I'm 25, and when I do I'll have lived the way I wanted to-RIP Sid Vicious

Hanako > Rin > Lily > Emi > Shizune
scineram

Post by scineram »

Katawa Days?
qinop

Post by qinop »

scineram wrote:Katawa Days?
I know that's a play on a title, but I can't remember which, or how I would know. Care to enlighten me?
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you fags can stop arguing about retarded shit for a second and give me sauce?
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

Multiple choices: Scool Days, Summer Days... I think there's more out there if you're willing to look for them.
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.