Katawa Shoujo manga?...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ContinualNaba

Re: Katawa Shoujo manga?...

Post by ContinualNaba »

Anon wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
Caesius wrote:Most 4komas weren't made by Japanese fans...
Not Pimmy's ones, those weren't lame. On that other thread, there were ones with Japanese text. Aura posted the translations, and they were not funny.
Japanese humour is generally incredibly shit.

It's even worse than American humour which is pretty shit itself. Even Indian humour ranks above Japanese humour.
Hey, I liked the motor-oil/viola comparison.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

a3d wrote:Heh, I might as well upload this for they hey of it.

Direct link:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg15 ... nnadie.jpg
Lolworthy comics are lol :D
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Leotrak wrote:
a3d wrote:Heh, I might as well upload this for they hey of it.

Direct link:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg15 ... nnadie.jpg
Lolworthy comics are lol :D
It's been a while since I last saw this :3
cemex

Post by cemex »

Bara wrote: With the Japanese language only going out in the A1 Ver. 3 release on May 14 I would guess that KS is still too relatively unknown to the mass of people in Japan who might be interested in KS. While not impossible, I think the time frame for someone to discover and play KS and then create a doujin is pretty dang tight. I fear to see the direction any said "quick draw" doujin would take off the girls intro from just the first act, or even as some have suggested an exploitative "tentacle rape" doujin.
I doubt there will be a tentacle doujin based on KS. Tentacle doujins tend to be based on series that have supernatural or sci-fi elements.

However this doesn't rule out doujins containing other /d/-worthy elements

Get chance and luck
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Kenji's disability? Tentacles. They're hidden behind his glasses. And Misha's a futanari. Draw your own conclusions, man, the setting means nothing to these people!

cemex

Post by cemex »

ContinualNaba wrote:Kenji's disability? Tentacles. They're hidden behind his glasses. And Misha's a futanari. Draw your own conclusions, man, the setting means nothing to these people!
I was thinking Rin but each to his own I guess

Get chance and luck
Bara

Post by Bara »

cemex wrote:I doubt there will be a tentacle doujin based on KS. Tentacle doujins tend to be based on series that have supernatural or sci-fi elements.

However this doesn't rule out doujins containing other /d/-worthy elements
Yeah, but a doijin could tack on a "supernatural/sci-fi" element with a few panels of people in cloaks, a pentacle drawn on a basement floor, a couple of skulls and some candles or the oh so cliche "strange object falling from the sky". Instant "woo woo supernatural majikal/sci-fi stuff" tacked on to transform KS into tentacle rape doujin territory.
I think/hope most of the people in the forum here would agree that just because a doujin can be done doesn't mean it should be done if it just plain sucks. But once ideas get let loose in the wild it is hard to stop other folks. On the bright side badly done copycats WOULD be totally mock-worthy and an additional source of "Dev Rage" in the IRC channel.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Bara wrote:On the bright side badly done copycats WOULD be totally mock-worthy and an additional source of "Dev Rage" in the IRC channel.
Oh, and mock we shall 8)
"oh moe is me" -me
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I barely see any mockery of the current fan creations. Why would anyone mock fanfics/pics/doujins.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Aura wrote:I barely see any mockery of the current fan creations. Why would anyone mock fanfics/pics/doujins.
That's because we only mock bad stuff... Or at least, that's my personal intention. And while there was plenty to laugh at, the few things I found mock-worthy were too old to bother with (anti-forum-necromancy, as long as I'm paying a little attention).

Of course, that's excluding my own writings, but I seem to be alone in that opinion >_>
"oh moe is me" -me
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I think Bara was implying along the lines of poorly-concealed plagarism, rather than fanworks.

Bara

Post by Bara »

ContinualNaba wrote:I think Bara was implying along the lines of poorly-concealed plagarism, rather than fanworks.
Thank you for the clarification. The way I worded it on re-reading was mainly focusing on the "badly done" side of the idea and didn't emphasize what I was also thinking of what my reaction would be to a rip-off of KS.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

I'm presently writing the script for a long-style (it's panning out to be between 30-40 pages) narrative non-H KS comic, although given other commitments in the real world I don't expect to finish it for another couple of months yet. There's no artist currently attached - if any of you with inky fingers fancy a whirl on a new project, drop me a line.

Anyway, shameless hyping of myself aside, were those Japanese doujin 4komas mentioned by G3n0c1de on the first page of this thread ever properly scanned or translated? I have this photo here taken from a 4chan KS thread:

but no more than that. I had a trawl through Mishimme's archives but didn't turn up anything there, either.

At an (admittedly limited) glance these cartoons seem to be a bit rudimentary, but seeing them in full would still be interesting for completion's and curiosity's sake - and it's always good to know that the fanbase is spreading. :)
Last edited by kapparomeo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles