Caesius

Re: Gratz on ver. 3

Post by Caesius »

Who wrote the blog post, anyway? Pimmy?

It's too nice!
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

I come here after being away for a bit, and what do I find? Quite the wonderful surprise. Admittedly, when I saw the circled download button, I thought that the full game might have somehow come out though. Oh well, ver. 3 is still good.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I'll wait for full. Save my bandwith for the glorious day!

Heh, saw a rumour on the chan of 4 that you (Being's the devs) planned to have the full thing out by May's end. Foolish rumours!
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

So... the new sprites are in there, eh? I never thought I'd say this but...

I'm going straight for the Emi route! :P
Bara

Post by Bara »

ContinualNaba wrote:I'll wait for full. Save my bandwith for the glorious day!

Heh, saw a rumour on the chan of 4 that you (Being's the devs) planned to have the full thing out by May's end. Foolish rumours!
Oh yeah, you can believe everything you see on 4chan. :wink:
They create rumors in the same way an infinite number of monkeys pounding away on typewriters for an infinite amount of time will eventually get you the complete works of Billy Shakespeare. Maybe we'll get lucky on the gazillion to one shot, but I won't count on it till I see it on the Dev Blog for DL. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

kosherbacon wrote:So... the new sprites are in there, eh? I never thought I'd say this but...

I'm going straight for the Emi route! :P
Once you go Emi, you will never go back..... :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Well done devs on act 1 v.3 ... hopefully we will all see the awesome day of the full KS release!! :D
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Caesius wrote:Who wrote the blog post, anyway? Pimmy?

It's too nice!
I posit that the devs can actually be nice when they have a venue beyond the general retardedness of the forums to do it in.

I do like the change to Lilly's eyes, and it speaks to the strength of her character design that she's still totally gorgeous even with slightly "deader" eyes. They still didn't fix that line on her wrist, though. :P

Also, I can say confidently now that I've seen it in action that Yuuko's makeover was a total success. She's just so cute and awkward! I like Emi's too, but it'll take a little longer to get used to.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Well, I think they shoulda just recommend old players to try out as well with all these awesome new stuff going on. The only sad thing is, I was DLing v2 like, 7 hours ago? 5am in the morning? What bad luck... -_-"
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

I'm definitely a fan of the updates to the soundtrack. "Ah Eh I Oh You" is not only improved in terms of the sound, but blends in with the rest of the soundtrack better, which was my biggest complaint with the track before. "Out of the Loop" and "Student Council" were improved as well - the instrument change on the melody in "Out of the Loop" reminds me of the openings to old sci-fi shows. Welcome to The Kenji Zone.

My biggest problem in critiquing the changes, though is that it's been so long since I played v1, so some of the things I noticed may be simply imagined by me. Was there always a different painting on the second floor than Rainbow Wizard? Did I manage to forget the "phone trauma" bit with Kenji? Heck if I remember.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Lovin' the new intro cg for Emi(pimmy?)

Her poplarity with me has improved for the first time since the sprite change was announced. :D

edit: Nu-Yuuko has also grown on me after seeing all her facial expressions.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

From what I've been seeing on 4chan, its almost unanimous that the new Emi is better then the old one. Same goes for Yuuko. Looks like the change in design for them really paid off.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Holy mother of God!
V. 3!
DLing at once
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Okay, there is maybe one tiny thing that seems off about the new Emi sprites - her eyes. Her eyelashes, specifically. They seem kind of... sketchy, I guess, compared to the more solid black lines of the other girls'. It's not just me, right? Otherwise, though, she's looking quite smashing.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

cemex

Post by cemex »

I'm glad to see that v3 will have all of the new sprites. The quality of the old sprites was actually one of the few weaknesses of the game. So now that it's fixed, I think that it's gotten a lot better

Get chance and luck