Gratz on ver. 3

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Gratz on ver. 3

Post by Bara »

I saw on the Dev Blog today that KS Act 1 ver. 3 is out now and I'm dutifully downloading the torrent to play and seed all the versions. (I have to see my new Emi sprites.) :mrgreen:
Since the new version has the Japanese translation it will be interesting to see the reaction from them. I'll bet the things they find different will be much different then what English language players keyed off of. (Except for the girls; if they don't love each and every one of them they are nutz.) :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Escalator

Re: Gratz on ver. 3

Post by Escalator »

Japanese? Uh oh.
Prepare for a lot of faceless men rape.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Seeding the Linux version atm :) will help seed the rest later on tonight before heading off to bed.
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

They say it's not recommended for people who have already finished v.2, but you can bet I'm going through the whole thing again. Maybe even in moon runes just for the hell of it, even though I can read like five kanji.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Gah, I never notice the dev blog updates until I stumble across them here...

I'll have to DL it later and get a feel for the new sprites.

Will the team be keeping old versions available for archival reasons? Whenever freeware games I play are updated, I keep the old versions. Many a time, I'm glad I have.

Also, this is a bit off topic, but did anyone else notice the capacity in the message inbox/outbox/stored folders can now hold 999 messages instead of 50? Or am I just going crazy?
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Wren

Post by Wren »

Extremist_Line wrote: Also, this is a bit off topic, but did anyone else notice the capacity in the message inbox/outbox/stored folders can now hold 999 messages instead of 50? Or am I just going crazy?
Just noticed that also on my end here. Dunno if its a bug or we just got our capacities upgraded, lol :P.
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Wren wrote:Just noticed that also on my end here. Dunno if its a bug or we just got our capacities upgraded, lol :P.
Hoping it's the latter one. I archive all my messages and I've had to keep deleting messages as it hits capacity.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

I don't have anything to do, so I might as well play it. I never went through the Emi path properly anyway.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Did they have the Yuuko sprite change in this version? Otherwise I might not play through it again. I'm just focusing on the Rin path so I can write the next chapter in my fic series.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

neumanproductions wrote:Did they have the Yuuko sprite change in this version? Otherwise I might not play through it again. I'm just focusing on the Rin path so I can write the next chapter in my fic series.
Indeed they did. It seems like they wanted to get act 1 pretty much to the same state it will be in the final game.

Also... did Molly always have robot legs?? :shock:
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Warwick

Post by Warwick »

There's other miscellaneous bells and whistles updates, too, like the new 4ls splash movie, which blew me away the first time I saw it (it's just flashy, but oh so much flashier than the old one). Plus, pimmy did the new title card for Act 1. Finally, keep an ear out for the rerendered tracks. They're really cool.

Personally, I love what's been done with Shizune's and Nurse's themes. The Student Council's screechy faux-violin always bugged me when I first heard it, but I grew accustomed to it as it wasn't as jarring in-game. However, now that it's been changed to a woodwind(?) part, it's absolutely gorgeous! There's a false note at the end of the melody phrase that throws me off, though. As for the Nurse's theme, more trumpet and a clearer bassline = win. There's also a new track after you leave the Nurse's office whose title I haven't checked yet that I also really like. All-in-all, I'm glad I'm replaying the game after downloading this version and I'm gonna ride my friends hard to play KS over the summer with this release.
静音是买外夫

Post by Guest »

WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO LILLY'S EYES?
Moekki
Artist

Post by Moekki »

THEY LOOK BLIND NOW OH GOD
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Holy shit someone noticed.
ubergeneral