ze spy

Re: The extent of Rin's independence.

Post by ze spy »

Rin is srs bsns.
"That weird motherfucker"
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Layzuhl wrote:In the name of SCIENCE I am be pleased to announce that my experiment to put on my pants without using my arms was a success.
now was that a pair of sweat pants or was it a pair of proper pants with zipper and button and all?
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bringerof_D wrote:
now was that a pair of sweat pants or was it a pair of proper pants with zipper and button and all?
Shades of gray wrote:
Layzuhl wrote:
Layzuhl wrote:In the name of SCIENCE I am be pleased to announce that my experiment to put on my pants without using my arms was a success.
Two words: elastic waistband.

Now do it with a normal pair of jeans (Zip and button)

I did, took me ten minutes, 7 of which was spent on the zip and button (i have flexible legs, but dang it was hard)

how i did it : dropped jeans to floor, shimmed them about half way up, lay on bed and shimmed the rest of the way,
then used the belt loops to pull together, used big toe and.... whats the name for the toe next to it anyway? yeah that one, gripped the zipper and tugged up,
then i used the belt loop again to pull the hole to button, then grabbed button with other foot and fiddled until i got it in.

i imagine for someone without arms and used to using their feet it would take about 2 mins tops
The whole saga.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Aura wrote:There is a balance to be found: the students of Yamaku are not pitiful cripples who have been gathered in one place to be forgotten, nor are they normal people with lovable character quirks that happen to be things like a lack of limbs or sight. They are disabled, and that makes their lives harder than that of others, but those lives can still be pretty balanced and full.
Blasted Devs, going around inserting mature reflection and reality into our fantasies about the girls. Stop That! Right now.... :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

ze spy wrote:Rin is srs bsns.
srs binness
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bara wrote:
Aura wrote:There is a balance to be found: the students of Yamaku are not pitiful cripples who have been gathered in one place to be forgotten, nor are they normal people with lovable character quirks that happen to be things like a lack of limbs or sight. They are disabled, and that makes their lives harder than that of others, but those lives can still be pretty balanced and full.
Blasted Devs, going around inserting mature reflection and reality into our fantasies about the girls. Stop That! Right now.... :mrgreen:
I don't think the two have to necessarily be mutually exclusive, you know.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Negi

Post by Negi »

Judging from my own ability to perform tasks with my feet at two different conventions when cosplaying, I'd say she's got an astounding (to us) grasp of things. I hadn't be doing much practice or anything, but thanks to just being flexible with some idea on how to counterbalance myself, I was opening doors, picking things up, even doodling with my feet (on a whim, more than anything).

Having no option in the matter would kinda force her to do most things with her feet, and after 18+ years of that, well, experience speaks for itself.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Negi wrote:Judging from my own ability to perform tasks with my feet at two different conventions when cosplaying, I'd say she's got an astounding (to us) grasp of things.
I see what you did there
I hadn't be doing much practice or anything, but thanks to just being flexible with some idea on how to counterbalance myself, I was opening doors, picking things up, even doodling with my feet (on a whim, more than anything).
I'm actually a bit quirkier: I like walking around barefeet, and when I sometimes drop stuff, use my feet to pick it up. Moreso cause I'm too lazy to bend over and get it, but that's besides the point :P I should try figuring out which foot is my writing foot... Would be funny if it were my right one, when I'm left-handed :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

I couldn't find the other topic regarding girls coping with their disability (the forum has grown to be something massive, with thousands pages of posts), but I guess it will fit here nicely. I also searched for this material, and didn't find the most obvious searchwords, so there is a small chance I'm not being a Slowpoke here.

This is Youtube channel, of a certain girl, calling herself Tisha Unarmed.
It covers some of the questions one may ask while being Rin's fanboy.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

One of the main ways that armless people do certain things is with the use of fixture. For a zipper, you place the hole of the tab into a fixed post (either on the wall or on a semi-portal device.) The fixture stays in place, and you move up or down to move the zipper. Same with a razor -- you mount the razor on a fixture and you move your face (or legs, or other, if you are a girl). For a bra you can get an elastic one with no clasps, slip you head and shoulders through the hole and straps, and then hook the bra into a fixture as you move around to make it fit -- then remove the bra from the fixture.

The common idea is that for activities that require a normal person to move something against their body, an armless person does the opposite -- they fix the object in place and then move their body against it. This also goes for quadruple amputees, who do not have feet to act as hands. It is amazing that there are so many alternative "work arounds" for normal activities that we take for granted.
Last edited by ravenlord on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ravenlord wrote:This also goes for quadruple amputees, who do not have feet to act as legs.

...What now? :?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Xanatos wrote:
ravenlord wrote:This also goes for quadruple amputees, who do not have feet to act as legs.

...What now? :?
Fixed, although I hope everyone had the gist of what I was going for before :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb