If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
22%

Total votes: 958

Wrench Wench

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Wait, you are planning to have five kids? I don't think you have mentioned that before.
("They say there's a mysterious village of giants somewhere in Scotland...")
Then again, if you think you can handle that, who are we to tell you not to?
Well three at the very least. Hell I'm the middle child in a brood of six.
Can't have a proper family with just one or two young'uns.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Adopting that many would prove problematic at best. I mean siblings are at each others throats enough as is and that's when they're related. three to five unrelated kids all under one roof? I dunno just sounds like a bad idea.
I don't think that matters that much to children. I recently met a woman who has taken in three unrelated children from problem families (i.e. families where the children were neglected or even beaten.) I also met two of those kids that afternoon, and they seemed to get along just fine. It made me wish to have kids like that myself one day. Oh, and two of the kids are black. Not that it should matter - it certainly didn't matter to the kids.
That said, she said she wouldn't recommend taking in children from problem families for first time parents.
I thought there weren't any women like you anymore... I wish you the best of luck!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I don't think that matters that much to children. I recently met a woman who has taken in three unrelated children from problem families (i.e. families where the children were neglected or even beaten.) I also met two of those kids that afternoon, and they seemed to get along just fine. It made me wish to have kids like that myself one day. Oh, and two of the kids are black.

Just like in the movie "Four brothers". :P

I suppose the biggest problem with the kids would be the age difference more than where they come from or their skin colour. So you shouldn't worry too much about it. (Then again, I have absolutely zero experience with parenting, and all of this is coming from having grown up with a brother 2 years and half older than me, and seeing friends with 5+ brothers/sisters).

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
Nyo ho ho~
Siege

Post by Siege »

Napalm wrote: I suppose the biggest problem with the kids would be the age difference more than where they come from or their skin colour. So you shouldn't worry too much about it. (Then again, I have absolutely zero experience with parenting, and all of this is coming from having grown up with a brother 2 years and half older than me, and seeing friends with 5+ brothers/sisters).
Well, I don't have siblings myself, but my family is extended family is extremely strung out in terms of age. More to the point, my mom is close to the others of her generation despite there being quite an age gap between some of them, especially with one of the youngest aunts. Mind you, the relationship did turn pseudo-parental after a gap of literally over a decade or so, but the fact remains they're close to this day. So it's certainly workable.

Besides, with adoption, one would think the age part could be manipulated somewhat more easily than normal anyhow.
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Minister of Gloom wrote:Wait, you are planning to have five kids? I don't think you have mentioned that before.
("They say there's a mysterious village of giants somewhere in Scotland...")
Then again, if you think you can handle that, who are we to tell you not to?
Hehehe... Hehehehehehehehehehe

Heh, sorry. I just find this funny 'cause I'm an only child, and problems with my birth forced my mother's tubes to be tied, eliminating any chance of siblings. I don't think it's stupid or anything like that, it's just more of those "Wow, our outlooks are so different it's like we're from different cultures!" things.

Anyway, I second the notion that if you're too worried about passing on your gigantism, then adopt. Hell, if you're going to have a family that large you could also have a few and adopt a few if you want.
Sinistre

Post by Sinistre »

Just because it's unusual doesn't mean it's bad.

From what I've read, your gigantism is very stable. What we consider a "medical condition" can, over the course of many generations, simply become ethnic variations or entirely new species.

Polydactyly is a great example.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Bring to mind someone's comment about a village of giants.
Still not mentioned kids much with the partner. Certainly not in any serious way.
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

Wrench Wench wrote:Bring to mind someone's comment about a village of giants.
It's your duty to contribute to the next stage of human evolution.

I'm only half kidding. :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wrench Wench wrote:Still not mentioned kids much with the partner. Certainly not in any serious way.
You know, that's the kind of thing a guy likes to know about - especially if you're planning three or more.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You know, that's the kind of thing a guy likes to know about - especially if you're planning three or more.
Well he knows I'm thinking about it and he knows that if I do go for it then there's going to be a litter of them.
It's just we haven't figured out what we'd do about the house and such.
Sinistre

Post by Sinistre »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:You know, that's the kind of thing a guy likes to know about - especially if you're planning three or more.
Well he knows I'm thinking about it and he knows that if I do go for it then there's going to be a litter of them.
It's just we haven't figured out what we'd do about the house and such.
Yeah... You definitely should not have children until you're ready. Bringing children into the world when not economically stable is doing them no favours.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I've always felt that being emotionally ready to have children is more important than being economically ready by several orders of magnitude. A child whose family is poor will still be happier than a child who isn't loved by his parents.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Sinistre wrote:Yeah... You definitely should not have children until you're ready. Bringing children into the world when not economically stable is doing them no favours.
Money isn't the problem. We'd just need a bigger place and since he built it himself my partner is kinda attached to this place.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Sinistre wrote:Yeah... You definitely should not have children until you're ready. Bringing children into the world when not economically stable is doing them no favours.
Money isn't the problem. We'd just need a bigger place and since he built it himself my partner is kinda attached to this place.
Can't he just expand it? Or is there not enough room (read: ground) for that? >_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Well there's plenty of land I just have no clue if you can expand something like this. It's built into the side of the mountain effectively.