If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
22%

Total votes: 958

erisi236

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

Post by erisi236 »

Left leg amputee also pretty near sighted 20/200 left 20/80 right.

I don't know which is more irritating. :lol:
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Saraquill

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it

Post by Saraquill »

Anajamois wrote:I sometimes wish i had a disability. Like a missing eye. Hell if i know why.
This in and of itself may be an issue. I"m not a doctor, though, so I can't say anything more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integ ... y_disorder
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Saraquill wrote:
Anajamois wrote:I sometimes wish i had a disability. Like a missing eye. Hell if i know why.
This in and of itself may be an issue. I"m not a doctor, though, so I can't say anything more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integ ... y_disorder
I read about that before. If at all, Anajamois seems to be a very mild case, though.
I'm quite attached to all my body parts - both physically and psycologically - but if someone prefers artificial legs over his natural ones, who am I to tell him no? It won't be much longer until artifice is better anyway. Maybe we will see more voluntary amputees then...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AtelierPhaaze

Post by AtelierPhaaze »

Without my glasses I can't see more then an arms length away from my face.

So correctable nearsightedness, not sure on the numbers though.

Other mental disabilities too, but this thread is for physical disabilities.
pollardy

Post by pollardy »

i have a rod in my back and its rather a task to tie my shoes so i wear sandals :I
i also can't lift anything over xx wieght and if i bend over to long or lean in a bad way i have to go up against a wall and force myself straight like a slinky
also im not entirly sure if i'll ever be able to have normal sex since the part where it was i can't bend at all now :DDDD bassicly the bottom half of my back from the ribs down is locked solid.

pro's are i can clink whenever i want just by stretching
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

erisi236 wrote:Left leg amputee also pretty near sighted 20/200 left 20/80 right.

I don't know which is more irritating. :lol:
You MUST post pictures. Hard to believe to be honest. Even though noone believes me when I say I'm blind in one eye...
"That weird motherfucker"
Bara

Post by Bara »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Saraquill wrote:
I read about that before. If at all, Anajamois seems to be a very mild case, though.
I'm quite attached to all my body parts - both physically and psycologically - but if someone prefers artificial legs over his natural ones, who am I to tell him no? It won't be much longer until artifice is better anyway. Maybe we will see more voluntary amputees then...
KS 3011, and the disabilities are the students bodies reject the mechanical augmentation that are the standard?
Ugh! Horrible idea.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Bara wrote: KS 3011, and the disabilities are the students bodies reject the mechanical augmentation that are the standard?
Ugh! Horrible idea.
Make that "KS40K: In the cripple dating sims of the far future, there are only BIONIC EMIS WITH FLAMETHROWERS"
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Make that "KS40K: In the cripple dating sims of the far future, there are only BIONIC EMIS WITH FLAMETHROWERS"
If I didn't suck at action scenes I'd totally make that into a fanfic. Sounds like a hilarious idea :D
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Minister of Gloom wrote:Make that "KS40K: In the cripple dating sims of the far future, there are only BIONIC EMIS WITH FLAMETHROWERS"
If I didn't suck at action scenes I'd totally make that into a fanfic. Sounds like a hilarious idea :D
When All Else Fails, get the Bacon to do it :P You just -know- he'll have her torch herself at some point, though...
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Deaf in my left ear, its rather annoying really, as headphones come in a pair, and in some songs one will play something the other does something else. And your enjoyment of the song just dies.

Cause of this : NIHL (Noise induced hearing loss) Car Crash, apparently the sound exceeded 230 Db for the damage caused
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I've seen and owned headphones with a "mono" switch, but they are uncommon.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Yeah. mono's been way way outdated unfortunately for me, I too once owned a pair, before breaking them. :( They should sell single headphone headphones, for people with deafness in one ear
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
Bara

Post by Bara »

Leotrak wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
When All Else Fails, get the Bacon to do it :P You just -know- he'll have her torch herself at some point, though...
Noooooo!!! :shock: Hold it! That could create an Emi/Hanako crossover character... hmmm? :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Red_Machine

Post by Red_Machine »

Not a physical disability per se, but I have Haemophilia B which is a blood disorder. If it got any worse, I could see myself being sent somewhere like Yamaku.
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin