If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
22%

Total votes: 950

Pandas

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it

Post by Pandas » Fri May 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Im legally blind, i think 20/400 in one eye and 20/370 in the other but my vision is able to be correct through laser surgery to be perfect or close enough that i don't need glasses. SO i don't know why you have "cant be corrected to (blah blah)"
Regardless, my vision is actually getting better on their own, i've learned to focus my eyes alot and it's getting much better.

There's really no "experience to have" because with glasses i can see fine as well, or what i think to be fine. *shrugs* Just like living without it in my opinion. Guess it's all on how ya look at it :3

Numb

Post by Numb » Fri May 30, 2014 5:06 pm

neio wrote:
Numb wrote: I've lost my sense of smell already, and that in turn has reduced my taste slightly. Oddly enough, my hearing has improved through all of this.
I've heard losing smell can be quite traumatic. Was yours a gradual loss, and does it bother you much?
It was gradual, and only completely stopped working last year, but I didn't have a problem with it. I just look at the advantages of my condition and any other ailments, like being able to use the bathroom immediately after some guy who makes it impossible for life to exist in there.
Pandas wrote: Hence that name numb? Woah, thats instense O.o
That was actually a happy accident, I didn't realise it had a meaning like that until a week after I first took it. I just used the word numb because I thought it sounded cool :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen » Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Forever_ambivalent wrote:It's really annoying how much of a jerk people can be towards people with these conditions. It isn't the nicest thing when people are being so negative about your condition but I suppose other people here have had it a lot worse.
Mental health problems in a nutshell
now I sound like a tumblr kid

As far as physical goes, the best I got is a mild Congenital Tinnitus.
Constant ringing in my ears, for as far as I remember. It's strange thinking I have never heard actual silence before...
Eh, you don't miss what you never had.

Also my right knee has been playing up for a while now.
Probably should take more care of it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix » Sat May 31, 2014 2:26 am

Probably severe asthma, seeing as I already have a milder form of it and not much else wrong physically.

Kind of hard to just "select" a disability though...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"