Prevalence of other girls in the paths

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Run Out Groove
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Run Out Groove » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Notguest wrote:And in the case of Emi, she'll bump into you.
i c wut u did thar

User avatar
Smoku
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: My own world

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Smoku » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Run Out Groove wrote:
Notguest wrote:And in the case of Emi, she'll bump into you.
i c wut u did thar
Attachments
1268031273524.jpg
a pun in a pun
1268031273524.jpg (114.02 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

User avatar
Run Out Groove
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Run Out Groove » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Smoku wrote:
Run Out Groove wrote:
Notguest wrote:And in the case of Emi, she'll bump into you.
i c wut u did thar
It's funny 'cause she's blind.

User avatar
ContinualNaba
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 am
Location: Inside you.

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by ContinualNaba » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

DO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué

User avatar
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat
Posts: 1992
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by cpl_crud » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 am

Hisao is in a class with Shizune, Misha and Hanako, meaning that any classroom scenes will involve them.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money

User avatar
G3n0c1de
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 am
Location: How are ya?

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by G3n0c1de » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:29 am

cpl_crud wrote:Hisao is in a class with Shizune, Misha and Hanako, meaning that any classroom scenes will involve them.
True dat. But I wonder how much they'll be involved. While playing through Shizune's scenes in act 1, it felt like Hanako wasn't really there with us. Of course, she was skipping class a lot of the time, but even when she was there, she was rarely mentioned. Like, only when she quickly gets up to leave in the middle of class. Stuff like that. For Shizune's path, I can imagine more of that happening. On the flip side, Hanako might feel uncomfortable around those two, so when you're hanging with Hanako in class, Shizune and Misha's presence may be more noticable, even if they don't interact with you directly.

Also, Hanako is much less likely to interact with you of her own accord when you're around Shizune. She doesn't really have any reason to. Shizune, being the proactive go getter that she is, probably will talk to you, maybe about student council stuff, I don't know. The point is, she would have more reason to go up to Hisao when on Hanako's path, rather than the other way around.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

User avatar
Run Out Groove
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Run Out Groove » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

G3n0c1de wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Hisao is in a class with Shizune, Misha and Hanako, meaning that any classroom scenes will involve them.
True dat. But I wonder how much they'll be involved. While playing through Shizune's scenes in act 1, it felt like Hanako wasn't really there with us. Of course, she was skipping class a lot of the time, but even when she was there, she was rarely mentioned. Like, only when she quickly gets up to leave in the middle of class. Stuff like that. For Shizune's path, I can imagine more of that happening. On the flip side, Hanako might feel uncomfortable around those two, so when you're hanging with Hanako in class, Shizune and Misha's presence may be more noticable, even if they don't interact with you directly.

Also, Hanako is much less likely to interact with you of her own accord when you're around Shizune. She doesn't really have any reason to. Shizune, being the proactive go getter that she is, probably will talk to you, maybe about student council stuff, I don't know. The point is, she would have more reason to go up to Hisao when on Hanako's path, rather than the other way around.
I think I disagree with you on Hanako not having a role when on Shizune's path. Although her role was minor on Shizune's path in Act I, that's not to say she will be completely nonexistant in the future Acts. As Hisao and Shizune grow closer through the rest of the game, the feud between her and Lilly would become more prevalent. There would be more backstory on their rivalry, as well as more clashes, as was in Act I. As their relationship with one another come to the foreground, Hanako will more than likely have a greater role, as Shizune and Miha pick on her too because of her friendship with Lilly. As you may recall, when Hanako came into the classroom, Misha called out to her asking: "Playing delinquent again?" More of those situations are going to have a larger role in the plot as the story progesses, and the same would go for Lilly's and Hanako's paths.

User avatar
G3n0c1de
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 am
Location: How are ya?

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by G3n0c1de » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Run Out Groove wrote:I think I disagree with you on Hanako not having a role when on Shizune's path. Although her role was minor on Shizune's path in Act I, that's not to say she will be completely nonexistant in the future Acts. As Hisao and Shizune grow closer through the rest of the game, the feud between her and Lilly would become more prevalent. There would be more backstory on their rivalry, as well as more clashes, as was in Act I. As their relationship with one another come to the foreground, Hanako will more than likely have a greater role, as Shizune and Miha pick on her too because of her friendship with Lilly. As you may recall, when Hanako came into the classroom, Misha called out to her asking: "Playing delinquent again?" More of those situations are going to have a larger role in the plot as the story progesses, and the same would go for Lilly's and Hanako's paths.
Personally, I'd like to see less of the Shizune/Lilly feud on Shizune's path. I don't think it should be an integral part of her character. After act 1, Hisao should move on to work with Shizune on her personal problems, or maybe stuff introduced in the future acts. I suppose it can't go away entirely, but I feel like it shouldn't be one of the main points of Shizune's path.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

User avatar
Run Out Groove
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Run Out Groove » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

G3n0c1de wrote:
Run Out Groove wrote:I think I disagree with you on Hanako not having a role when on Shizune's path. Although her role was minor on Shizune's path in Act I, that's not to say she will be completely nonexistant in the future Acts. As Hisao and Shizune grow closer through the rest of the game, the feud between her and Lilly would become more prevalent. There would be more backstory on their rivalry, as well as more clashes, as was in Act I. As their relationship with one another come to the foreground, Hanako will more than likely have a greater role, as Shizune and Miha pick on her too because of her friendship with Lilly. As you may recall, when Hanako came into the classroom, Misha called out to her asking: "Playing delinquent again?" More of those situations are going to have a larger role in the plot as the story progesses, and the same would go for Lilly's and Hanako's paths.
Personally, I'd like to see less of the Shizune/Lilly feud on Shizune's path. I don't think it should be an integral part of her character. After act 1, Hisao should move on to work with Shizune on her personal problems, or maybe stuff introduced in the future acts. I suppose it can't go away entirely, but I feel like it shouldn't be one of the main points of Shizune's path.
I doubt it'll be a main point, but it is certainly a topic of interest and it will most likely play some sort of role in her path.

User avatar
Shades of Grey
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 am

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Shades of Grey » Sun May 02, 2010 1:26 am

Run Out Groove wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Hisao is in a class with Shizune, Misha and Hanako, meaning that any classroom scenes will involve them.
True dat. But I wonder how much they'll be involved. While playing through Shizune's scenes in act 1, it felt like Hanako wasn't really there with us. Of course, she was skipping class a lot of the time, but even when she was there, she was rarely mentioned. Like, only when she quickly gets up to leave in the middle of class. Stuff like that. For Shizune's path, I can imagine more of that happening. On the flip side, Hanako might feel uncomfortable around those two, so when you're hanging with Hanako in class, Shizune and Misha's presence may be more noticable, even if they don't interact with you directly.

Also, Hanako is much less likely to interact with you of her own accord when you're around Shizune. She doesn't really have any reason to. Shizune, being the proactive go getter that she is, probably will talk to you, maybe about student council stuff, I don't know. The point is, she would have more reason to go up to Hisao when on Hanako's path, rather than the other way around.
I think I disagree with you on Hanako not having a role when on Shizune's path. Although her role was minor on Shizune's path in Act I, that's not to say she will be completely nonexistant in the future Acts. As Hisao and Shizune grow closer through the rest of the game, the feud between her and Lilly would become more prevalent. There would be more backstory on their rivalry, as well as more clashes, as was in Act I. As their relationship with one another come to the foreground, Hanako will more than likely have a greater role, as Shizune and Miha pick on her too because of her friendship with Lilly. As you may recall, when Hanako came into the classroom, Misha called out to her asking: "Playing delinquent again?" More of those situations are going to have a larger role in the plot as the story progesses, and the same would go for Lilly's and Hanako's paths.
Only issue with this idea is that Hanako is basically petrified of Shizune and Misha. I get the feeling that Hanako stays as far away as possible from Shizune, and by extension Hisao (in Shizune route). Even when Shizune confronts Hanako, Hanako's response is to flee rather than stand her ground. I really can't see Hanako being heavily involved with Shizune's route for this reason, unless Hanako some how gains a lot of courage on her own.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey

User avatar
Panty Supervisor
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 am
Location: Germany

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Panty Supervisor » Sun May 02, 2010 6:04 am

Shades of Grey wrote:Only issue with this idea is that Hanako is basically petrified of Shizune and Misha. I get the feeling that Hanako stays as far away as possible from Shizune, and by extension Hisao (in Shizune route). Even when Shizune confronts Hanako, Hanako's response is to flee rather than stand her ground. I really can't see Hanako being heavily involved with Shizune's route for this reason, unless Hanako some how gains a lot of courage on her own.
By the way, did Act 1 ever explain why Hanako can just walk in and out of class without anybody saying anything? If I remember correctly, Hisao wonders why not even the teachers say anything about that.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

User avatar
G3n0c1de
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 am
Location: How are ya?

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by G3n0c1de » Sun May 02, 2010 7:07 am

Panty Supervisor wrote:By the way, did Act 1 ever explain why Hanako can just walk in and out of class without anybody saying anything? If I remember correctly, Hisao wonders why not even the teachers say anything about that.
This is probably one of those things that will be explained in the full game, but I think it's because of her personality and shyness complexes. The teachers know about these and let her have her own time by herself when she wants.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

User avatar
Juno
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Southern Europe

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Juno » Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 am

G3n0c1de wrote:This is probably one of those things that will be explained in the full game, but I think it's because of her personality and shyness complexes. The teachers know about these and let her have her own time by herself when she wants.
This. I'd think it was easily inferrable given her personal situation.

User avatar
Captain Niggawatts
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: Starship Harbl
Contact:

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Captain Niggawatts » Sun May 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Shades of Grey wrote:Only issue with this idea is that Hanako is basically petrified of Shizune and Misha. I get the feeling that Hanako stays as far away as possible from Shizune, and by extension Hisao (in Shizune route). Even when Shizune confronts Hanako, Hanako's response is to flee rather than stand her ground. I really can't see Hanako being heavily involved with Shizune's route for this reason, unless Hanako some how gains a lot of courage on her own.
By the way, did Act 1 ever explain why Hanako can just walk in and out of class without anybody saying anything? If I remember correctly, Hisao wonders why not even the teachers say anything about that.
She is a secret agent.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts

User avatar
Smoku
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: My own world

Re: Prevalence of other girls in the paths

Post by Smoku » Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Nah, she's just stealthy. no one even sees how she leaves. Only Hisao has this powers, since he has been bitten by a radioactive slut in the past

Post Reply