Two Favorite Girls

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Two Favorite Girls (in no particular order)

Emi & Hanako
5%
Hanako & Rin
15%
Rin & Shizune
12%
Shizune & Lilly
6%
Lilly & Emi
6%
Rin & Lilly
16%
Shizune & Emi
4%
Emi & Rin
4%
Shizune & Hanako
10%
Lilly & Hanako
21%

Total votes: 281

Quell

Re: Two Favorite Girls

Post by Quell »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Quell wrote:Although I kinda wonder if Emi would be a more clear second if her ending was less "blah".
Yeah, I didn't really like the end. At first, Emi was my least favorite character, but recently, I have started to like her a little more. My problem with Emi is that she's too cheerful for my taste. This may sound horrible, but I want to see her cheerfulness destroyed, I want to see something bad happening to her (Oh god, that actually DOES sound horrible and I hate myself for saying it). It's just that I don't see much of a possibilty for character development. Emi gives me the impression that she is perfectly fine: She has no problems and she doesn't need Hisao - she doesn't need anyone.
Haha, that's the reason why I like Emi! xD She's a healthy person emotionally and physically, and therefore would have a healthy relationship with Hisao. If anything, she would help him, which I think would be a more interesting end. I don't think that means there won't be character development -- people can be totally normal and still have ways to grow and change. I dunno personally I'm sick of moeblobs that are overly clingy and need support.

I wouldn't say no to a yandere Emi, though, because that's one of my favorite fetishes, but I doubt that would happen. >__>; Honestly though I hope that the Emi writer keeps on going down the path that was outlined in Act I and expands on the character without much major drama because I think there is going to be more than enough with the other girls.
atat

Post by atat »

Quell wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:
Quell wrote:Although I kinda wonder if Emi would be a more clear second if her ending was less "blah".
Yeah, I didn't really like the end. At first, Emi was my least favorite character, but recently, I have started to like her a little more. My problem with Emi is that she's too cheerful for my taste. This may sound horrible, but I want to see her cheerfulness destroyed, I want to see something bad happening to her (Oh god, that actually DOES sound horrible and I hate myself for saying it). It's just that I don't see much of a possibilty for character development. Emi gives me the impression that she is perfectly fine: She has no problems and she doesn't need Hisao - she doesn't need anyone.
Haha, that's the reason why I like Emi! xD She's a healthy person emotionally and physically, and therefore would have a healthy relationship with Hisao. If anything, she would help him, which I think would be a more interesting end. I don't think that means there won't be character development -- people can be totally normal and still have ways to grow and change. I dunno personally I'm sick of moeblobs that are overly clingy and need support.

I wouldn't say no to a yandere Emi, though, because that's one of my favorite fetishes, but I doubt that would happen. >__>; Honestly though I hope that the Emi writer keeps on going down the path that was outlined in Act I and expands on the character without much major drama because I think there is going to be more than enough with the other girls.
I kinda got to agree with his sentiment, I hope it doesn't have every character become a big emotional train wreck. Leave that to the Hanako crowd, keep my Rin wacky, my Lilly refined, with a streak, and I would like Emi, if she were not loli.
To have her suddenly go through some deep pshyco mumbo jumbo would suck. Let's not get all Eva with the game.
Nixons back!!!!
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

*nods at previous two posters* Just about sums up my feelings on the matter. 's why I voted Lilly+Emi.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Shizune and Rin, here!

But for what it's worth, Emi is easily my 3rd favorite. Her spirit is contagious. I'm with the above on the limited drama sentiment.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I can't say it's surprising, but I think it's funny how most of the highest scoring choices have either Rin or Hanako and the lowest scoring ones have Emi as one of the pair. ISN'T IT SAD ;_;
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

There's a few interesting possibilities for statistics from this poll. For example, the characters most popular in relation to other characters:

Lilly..... Hanako 22, Rin 22, Emi 11, Shizune 10 (2.200)
Rin....... Lilly 22, Shizune 19, Hanako 13, Emi 8 (2.750)
Hanako.... Lilly 22, Shizune 14, Rin 13, Emi 3 (7.333)
Shizune... Rin 19, Hanako 14, Lilly 10, Emi 7 (2.714)
Emi....... Lilly 11, Rin 8, Shizune 7, Hanako 3 (3.667)

The numbers in parentheses are the ratio between the highest and lowest numbers. Apparently the hordes Hanakolillyfags are the reason that Emi is unpoplar.

edit: Maybe I should switch Emi and Shizune in Lilly's row so Emi isn't in last place on every single one.

edit: Updated, and good news! In Lilly's row Emi isn't in last place! (But that's presumably because Shizunefags and Lillyfags mutually hate each other.)

Meanwhile it seems like the real "polar opposite" preferences aren't Lilly and Shizune, but Emi and Hanako.
Last edited by Caesius on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atat

Post by atat »

Emi does hold the lowest pairing ranks for ALL of them except by 1 vote, does her pairing with Lilly, bring her up above Lilly and Shizune, and only by one vote ATM.
That is... bad for Emi.
Somebody has to be last, but man, people just don't like her. At least this pole shows though she has some love.
Last edited by atat on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nixons back!!!!
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

atat wrote:At least this pole shows though she has some love.
Me too buddy, me too.

Oh, wait...

Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I wonder if some of Emi's lack of poplarity can be due to how little her handicap seems to adversely affect her. While KS isn't all about "help the helpless crippled female" and much of it actually deconstructs the helpless handicapped girl trope, I think a lot of the appeal still comes from the usual mix of empathy/sympathy/pity and wanting to romance one of the girls by trying to make her life better.

But Emi is always chirpy, and if Hisao tries to run after her, he's the one who will keel over. Emi doesn't need any help. Also, by being almost entirely unaffected by her malady, she even tends towards being "ordinary," or even boring.

That could also explain why some fans want something bad to happen to her. Then she would need (our) help, and fit back into the trope.

PS: If you want to knock Emi off her legs, don't have her prosthetic leg break, have her develop a pressure sore. Then Hisao can help by massaging her legs three times a day.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Put me down for the Shizune/Lilly combo. And no, I don't know how that works either. I suspect I may not want to.
DESU

Post by DESU »

simple, turns out Shizune secretly has feelings for Lilly, but realized she would never be able to communicate with her, which made her frustrated to the point of lashing out at Lilly.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Someone write this.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

DESU wrote:simple, turns out Shizune secretly has feelings for Lilly, but realized she would never be able to communicate with her, which made her frustrated to the point of lashing out at Lilly.
Morse code.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

DESU wrote:simple, turns out Shizune secretly has feelings for Lilly, but realized she would never be able to communicate with her, which made her frustrated to the point of lashing out at Lilly.
[shimmie]913[/shimmie]

atat

Post by atat »

Csihar wrote:
quotan
This picture has always done naughty stuff to me, despite not liking Shizune.
Nixons back!!!!