Singing Lilly

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tahtorak

Singing Lilly

Post by Tahtorak »

In the extras section of Katawa Shoujo act 1, you can see a singing chibi-Lilly. Personally, I believe that this is a sign that sometime in the future of the game, we will discover Lilly is a good singer. Yeah, it might be represent the Jukebox file like how Rin with paintbrush and an artist hat represents the gallery and Shizune reading a book represents library, but still...
Anyway, what kind of song would you like to hear Lilly sing? Personally, I would like to hear Lilly sing Creeping in my Soul by Cryoshell (
.., ,
-M
Caesius

Re: Singing Lilly

Post by Caesius »

But in all seriousness, even disregarding the fact that KS will not have voice acting (ever), I would have to say Lunar Rings.

Fair warning - don't quote my picture.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Two things: no VAs, and no money for royalties.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

In before the inevitable crack about a VA for Shizune.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Personally, I hope she does sing somewhere in her path (in a text-based "♪ La la la~ ♪" manner), or at least do something musical. It makes a lot of sense for her character, even without the whole blindness part. I know she used to play the cello, but I heard that got cut for some reason.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

The cello bit got cut 'cause it was cliche. It's probably best to limit her musical talents to singing, though that's just my opinion and not necessarily what the devs are planning.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Caesius wrote:The cello bit got cut 'cause it was cliche.
And a blind musician isn't? (or was it the cello = classy being cliche?)

It would be cool to hear Lilly sing, but it would be out of place to have only one song in there, unless it was a "main theme." Doubt that'll happen.
However, I'd love to hear some fan-made character songs someday. Kenji's could be amazing. Could also see some humor in a Misha switching back and forth between her own way of speaking and Shizune's as she attempts to balance singing two roles while "sight-reading" the lyrics to half of it.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

I've seen forums were amateur VAs roam and people ask them if they could lend their voices to their projects. They could ask someone to hum or sing something the devs wrote. Not a whole song but a couple of verses. I'd go for something hummed, because then one could get away with "it ain't a song, so stop fu**in' asking for voices already!!"
But yeah, I have no clue as to how hard would it be to select someone for that, so I don't think really serious on this.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Remember the synth voice from the opera scene in Final Fantasy VI? Lilly needs to sound like that. Come to think of it, she does look a lot like Celes...
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sajomir wrote:However, I'd love to hear some fan-made character songs someday. Kenji's could be amazing.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7031502
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I iz english noobz and has no idea what to click to make zeh thingy sing for me

Oh, btw Lilly sings and plays a piano in my (still unfinished) fan fic http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2300
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Aura wrote:
Sajomir wrote:However, I'd love to hear some fan-made character songs someday. Kenji's could be amazing.
This is an inspiration to fans everywhere.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Akira

Post by Akira »

I keep thinking of her singing something like "Wind Nocturne" for some reason...

Old-fashioned romantic at heart... :oops:
Yo-yo

Post by Yo-yo »

Aura wrote:
...wut?
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Caesius wrote:The cello bit got cut 'cause it was cliche. It's probably best to limit her musical talents to singing, though that's just my opinion and not necessarily what the devs are planning.
Didn't Raita intend her to be a cliched character, anyways? Not that I like her being cliched, but it's worth a thought.