KS Fan Character Contest

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Goldilurks

Re: KS Fan Character Contest

Post by Goldilurks »

First thing: Shouldn't this go in the Oekaki forum?

Second thing: Dammit, I'm going to have to abandon my idea for this contest. I couldn't get any farther than vague ideas about a congenital analgesic who practices Tai Chi (daikyokuken in Japanese) in order to become more sensitive to her body and thus catch injuries that might otherwise get infected. The idea being that the protagonist in her love story would be out on the Yamaku grounds early in the morning only to see her silhouette of her practicing her form on the roof of the school, outlined by the rising sun.

It's a great image, but I have nothing else for her I can settle on. Not a name, not a background, not a physical description, not a personality beyond her interest in Tai Chi, nothing. That, and I can't draw. I should be focusing on Katawa Haha anyways, so if anyone wants to steal the character concept and run with it, go ahead.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Pimmy wrote: can you write? that's viable too.
Account created, group joined, character bio in progress. :)
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Is it okay if I put a short "skit" in it? or it's just pic+bio format?
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I think a skit would help your entry a lot.

In other news, this contest motivated me to put up a Yamaku student character generator.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

I'll post an entry by tonight. It started as just some text, but I wasn't satisfied with it. My drawing is mediocre at best, but it was fun to do after so many years without drawing.

As that's the case, really pulling on my writing instead. :D Best of luck, everyone.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
abscess

Post by abscess »

Almost finished, but still not the skit I want to add (which means some spriting work not yet finished), and still wondering what pic size is the correct one, since this one seems waaay too big... I'll probably tweak the bio a little.
Also, I don't know if it shows, but the pony-tail (I think that's the name in English) reaches a little past the shoulders.
Name: Chiyoko Nagamine
Class: 2-2
Birthday: January 3
Zodiac: Capricorn
Blood Type: B
Height: 155 cm
Weight: 43 kg
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Light brown
Being the daughter of a hardheaded single-father and younger sister of a rowdy boy, she lacked a stable female role model during childhood. That translated in tomboy-ish tendencies when growing up and uncommon speech pattern, but due to suffering from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), her body couldn't keep up with most of the physical activities she tried to pursue. Muscle weakness, spontaneous joint dislocations along with easily bruised skin meant much of her time had to be spent indoors.

Chiyoko's goal oriented mentality identifies her as a reliable person by some of her classmates, others have seen her as an obstinate girl that is difficult to work with. Beside her stubborn personality, she tries to keep a jovial spirit around her that is accompanied by a peculiar sense of humor that people at times think it's cynicism and bad taste in jokes. Easily distracted when not immersed in work, she tends to lose track of what's happening around her, which often makes her the wrong choice when looking for a leader.

One of the few physical activites she's been allowed to practice is swimming, which she's tried to make a habit of when joint pain and subluxations allow.
Attachments
I think I ended up giving her biggish boobs, although that wasn't my intention, but more a lack of consideration on the burden on a female's spine...
I think I ended up giving her biggish boobs, although that wasn't my intention, but more a lack of consideration on the burden on a female's spine...
N1S.png (279.72 KiB) Viewed 5187 times
Siiiiigh....
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

pic size is fine, really as a whole this is an acceptable entry. just remember this is a contest for the DA club so you gotta join it!
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Pimmy wrote:pic size is fine, really as a whole this is an acceptable entry. just remember this is a contest for the DA club so you gotta join it!
Yeah, but I already did some "sprites" and would hate to not use them... I just wish there was a little more time, since my waking and sleeping period are all screwed up that I'm afraid if I go to sleep I'll wake up past the deadline...
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

kosherbacon wrote:
Pimmy wrote: can you write? that's viable too.
Account created, group joined, character bio in progress. :)
...bio done, portrait drawn, uploaded to DA, aaaaaand submitted on group's blog comments! :D
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Son of a b****! I forgot all about this. I was planning on summing an entry, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to now.

(No i'm not asking for you guys to extend the deadline, It wouldn't be fare to the people that got theirs in on time.)
Dice

Post by Dice »

Hmm, guess I'll have to dust off my old DA account. I'm almost ashamed to admit I allready half-heartedly thought up a character after playing Act 1, but atleast that means I'm halfway done.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

too bad I actually don't have time to think of a character... Well, Good luck, mates!
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Phew! Finally finished! First time spriting, it was much more hellish than I thought it'd be. I ended up leaving one sprite instance out because I forgot to ink it and got no tablet with me at the moment... Also left out a part of the "admission interview" thingy because it was getting quite long and it'd be a burden more than anything else. Now, Imma listen to some free bird to celebrate :)
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Well, I managed to write up a character out of sheer boredom, but I don't have a DA account, nor am I going through the effort of making one. Good luck to those that did enter though!
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Extremist_Line wrote:Well, I managed to write up a character out of sheer boredom, but I don't have a DA account, nor am I going through the effort of making one. Good luck to those that did enter though!
Making a DA account literally took me two minutes.