Misha's Future?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Misha's Future?

Post by cpl_crud »

Wrench Wench wrote:
kapparomeo wrote:Surely a threesome's not out of the question?
It's already going to be a threesome thanks to my partners rule regarding women.
"You feel like going for a woman? Well go for it but only if I can join in"

You know thats something I wonder. Is it normal for men to encourage lesbian tendencies in their women?
Yes, and it normal for them to get offended.
It's just human nature.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Vree

Post by Vree »

I don't see any problem with Misha being around. How many girls actually broke up a friendship just because the other got a boyfriend?

Hisao would have to learn sign language, that's evident, if he wants to show his dedication toget taken seriously by Shizune, but it's not like that would remove Misha from the picture. Shizune would still need her girl friends and it's not like he and she would be together 100% of the time. Misha would have some weight off her shoulder too (she has to be virtually all the time with Shizune for now).

No, I think the problem is a gameplay one - how do you justify it that you hang out with both girls (in fact you talk more to Misha, in a way) but you can only romance Shizune?

I'm not one for melodramatic solutions - I think far the best solution would be for Misha to already have or get a boyfriend. This may even spark Shizune's competitiveness to become serious about Hisao.

Also, I want Misha to be choosable as a red herring, ie. not actually possible to achieve, but not forcing the player to ignore her either. Of course, if the player would actually go for it, it would only botch one's relationship options with Shizune.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Vree wrote:No, I think the problem is a gameplay one - how do you justify it that you hang out with both girls (in fact you talk more to Misha, in a way) but you can only romance Shizune?
Easy. If Hisao is in love with Shizune, he has no reason at all to romance Misha.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Vree

Post by Vree »

Well, you can always just force the player's hand, but that's not a very elegant solution, is it?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

No it actually is exactly the way you do this. Not everything, even somewhat plausible things, can be a scenario. A VN is a story first and foremost.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Vree

Post by Vree »

Well the whole story is leading the player one path, isn't it? :lol: What I said is that if you miss out on the justification - whether it's Hisao's preference for ambitious girls, or something much more sinister like some of the things brought up -, it may hurt the audience surrogate effect, leave the player unsatisfied.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think love is a pretty good justification.
Why should Hisao's preference be established beforehand? In Act 1, you have the choice between the five girls, so it's actually YOU who establishes hie "perferences". However I don't think "preference" is not a word, that can be readily applied to the concept of love. I've fallen in love with girls, I'd never have expected to be my type beforehand.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
flat what

Post by flat what »

Vree wrote:I don't see any problem with Misha being around. How many girls actually broke up a friendship just because the other got a boyfriend?
Ahem. It's indeed stupid to assume that girls easily break their close friendships for a relationship, but it's also not like everything will go on like always. This may depend from person to person, but when a boy suddenly appears in a very close friendship, where both girls spent most of their time everyday together, the one "left out" has to learn to handle with this situation first. It's obvious that, especially in the beginnings, you want to spent a lot of time with your partner, that's something very natural. A good friend understands this. If the friendship is a very close one, it's a whole change of a daily routine, but as friend it's something you have to accept, as bitter as it may seem.
I was twice in this situation, and I experienced the last one just recently. I don't think this will be the case with Misha and Shizune (I truly hope so), but I felt like my friend got really distant towards me after she got her new boyfriend. 6 weeks without hearing a single word of each other, when you spent most of the day together over years... that was bitter. :/ It's not like our friendship was gone at all, but something definitely changed, and this made me really sad. Then again, this may be a extreme case. :| 6 weeks, what the hell. Something like this won't be even possible for Misha. If she wants to see Shi-chan, she's gonna see her. Just like that. WAHAHAHAHA~! So, yeah, sometimes friendships are on the edge of breaking because of love, but if they're strong enough, they can overcome all this loveydoveyness.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

^^^ But its not like there is never the possibility of a good psychotic snap.
"Makoto Ito" I knew thee well.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

flat what wrote:Ahem. It's indeed stupid to assume that girls easily break their close friendships for a relationship, but it's also not like everything will go on like always.
An interesting point. I only really see what happened to you happening when Hisao ends up with either Rin or Emi. Those two are the least close of the other friend pairs. Their relationship isn't really to help the other function, not critically, though Emi enjoys helping Rin in her day to day life. I can see Hisao changing the dynamic of their friendship easily, though it probably wouldn't affect the other too much. They can get along fine on their own.

With Lilly and Hanako, I feel it depends on who Hisao gets with. If he gets with Lilly, Hanako would still cling to her like her mother. Lilly is still Hanako's main source of emotional support, and her only friend. Hisao will help Lilly help Hanako, and the three would remain close for a long time. He would become the 'father' of this dynamic. If Hanako gets neglected to the extent that you were, she'd have a breakdown. It gets interesting when Hisao chooses Hanako. She may be reluctant at first, but she may be weaned off of Lilly, and use Hisao more as her main emotional support. It all depends on how the story goes, of course. Lilly might see less and less of the two lovers as they progress in their relationship, but she is mature enough to handle this.

On to ShizuMisha. As I have said before, Misha is too close to Shizune to be separated easily. She serves an important functional role in Shizune's life, as her ears and mouth. Hisao is going to have to learn sign language to be with Misha, but he won't be proficient enough to functionally replace Misha for a long time. She may even be Hisao's teacher, if the hints in act 1 are to be believed. But really, for years Misha has been one of only a few to share in Shizune's world. She's probably the best friend she's ever had, her closest confidant. And I don't think she'd forsake her, even for Hisao. I'm talking potential life long friendship here.

You can actually see these in the Act 1 endings. On both Emi's and Rin's paths, the other girl in the pair is missing, leaving Hisao alone with his chosen girl. On Lilly's path, he spends the festival working with Lilly to help Hanako, and the two share a nice moment at the end. On Hanako's path, Hisao sees Lilly about Hanako, and he spends the rest of the day alone with her. During Shizune's end, Hisao watches the fireworks with Shizune, but he spent most of the festival with both Shizune and Misha.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

On both Emi's and Rin's paths,
Sorry to be pedantic, but that's not actually the case with Emi - you do eat lunch with Rin in attendance. That said, though, Emi's ending is certainly the least romantic of all the girls (It's the only one where Hisao ends the narrative alone and he even consciously and deliberately skips the fireworks display, for pity's sake) so the presence of a third party to quash any hint of intimacy is to be expected in that case.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

kapparomeo wrote:
On both Emi's and Rin's paths,
Sorry to be pedantic, but that's not actually the case with Emi - you do eat lunch with Rin in attendance. That said, though, Emi's ending is certainly the least romantic of all the girls (It's the only one where Hisao ends the narrative alone and he even consciously and deliberately skips the fireworks display, for pity's sake) so the presence of a third party to quash any hint of intimacy is to be expected in that case.
Sorry, I forgot about that. The part that I remember about Emi's end is the very end when she leaves you and you eat junk food and go back to your room.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

G3n0c1de wrote:Sorry, I forgot about that. The part that I remember about Emi's end is the very end when she leaves you and you eat junk food and go back to your room.
Actually it's Hisao who leaves her...

Sore wa himitsu desu.