Misha's Future?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Misha's Future?

Post by Bara »

neumanproductions wrote:
tab2goku wrote:is anybody else hoping for a secret enging for misha? it could be like after getting close to shizune, you should be able to choose between them. i would actually prefer misha to shizune.
One problem, it ain't going to happen. Unless the devs have been lying to us the whole time. *hint, hint*
Ah, I'm sure they have been lying to us the whole time, but I doubt if it was about that. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

tab2goku wrote:is anybody else hoping for a secret enging for misha? it could be like after getting close to shizune, you should be able to choose between them. i would actually prefer misha to shizune.
I heard there's going to be a Misha end in the iPhone port of KS, so there you go.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Csihar wrote:
I heard there's going to be a Misha end in the iPhone port of KS, so there you go.
Very funny, Troller McTrollington.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

sporkaganza wrote:I always figured there would just be the typical thing where Hisao gets closer to Shizune when he learns sign language, then Misha gets upset because Shizune doesn't hang out with her as much. And then eventually it gets resolved, perhaps with her getting paired up with a boy of her own.

...Of course, the only other boy her age we've seen at this school is Kenji, and... well.

That makes me wonder about Kenji's future, though. Will he have any relevance in anything after Act 1? Will he get any character development? Or will he just provide more comic relief? Or maybe he'll drop out entirely?
I like to think Kenji is the blind painter-boy Rin talks about. :D
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

That... would be interesting. Although whether or not this implies that Rin has a biophiliac vagina is up to the heavens.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

It's impossible that Kenji is the boy. cause he's just partially blind :P I think Rin knows difference of "partially blind moron" and "a totally blind kid"
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Smoku wrote:It's impossible that Kenji is the boy. cause he's just partially blind :P I think Rin knows difference of "partially blind moron" and "a totally blind kid"
Metaphorically, though, he sees further then any man ever before.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Smoku wrote:It's impossible that Kenji is the boy. cause he's just partially blind :P I think Rin knows difference of "partially blind moron" and "a totally blind kid"
Partially or totally, he's still blind. Rin wouldn't care about the distinction, anyways.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

She could have laid him to the matresses for constantly refering to her as a he, though, what with the uniform.

kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

A bit of a bump here, but going right back to the first page of this thread:
Yubiseiharukana wrote:Okay, so in seriousness, here's my full theory:

1 - You must go down the Shizune path to follow this chain of events
2 - (As seen in Act 1) Shizune and Hisao get fairly close
3 - Continuing through time, as Shizune and Hisao get closer, the bonds between Shizune and Misha begin to break
4 - Eventually, Misha confronts Shizune with her fears of being left out. After a heated round of signing, Shizune runs away from Misha
5 - Misha is tormented by the idea of losing her one close friend (she has had a hard time gaining close friends due to her personality)
6 - Eventually, Misha's condition will kick in. The issue will be internal (as with Hisao's arrhythmia), and, as with Hisao's first heart attack, the emotional stress will cause her body to go haywire
7 - Misha survives, but only due to life support. She has enough energy to speak to a distraught Shizune before she dies.
8 - By this point, Hisao has learned sign language from Misha, and can fluently communicate with Shizune

I'm 100% sure that this is totally wrong :(
I actually think that this could be a splendidly affecting way and emotional way of resolving the story. Misha is fading, and as she shares her last words with Shizune she's too weak to sign out effectively - but Hisao, who by this point has learned sign language, acts as the interpreter for her. This shared moment of honest intimacy between the three of them repairs broken bridges - previously Hisao was the unfortunate wedge that drove them apart, but now that wedge has stuck there and welded all three parts into a whole. There is a reconciliation between Shizune and Misha, and also between Misha and Hisao, who gets to use his new skill in partnership rather than competition. By this act Misha also symbolically passes on the torch of Shizune's companion to Hisao, and she can meet her end at peace with herself knowing that all that can be done has been done.

It would mean that all of Shizune's H-scenes would have to happen early on in the game, though, as given the tragic melancholy atmosphere of this scene it'd be difficult to do it afterwards... but then again, you could a quiet and tender sex scene after Misha's death if it was presented as Shizune, normally so fiercely confident, admitting her vulnerability (exposed by the loss of a complementary companion) and pleading with Hisao to not leave her alone.

On a tangental issue, I don't think that it would be wrong or "forced drama" to include death in the game (there already is death anwyway, what with Hisaao's bad end, but in terms of an ongoing storyline rather than its end). As coming to terms with yourself in all your potential and limitations is a central theme to KS (at least it was stressed several times in Act 1), this is as much a part of it as not stressing yourself on the running track - it is an unfortunate but inevitable truth that not all of the pupils of the Yamaku Academy are going to receive their full three score and ten. I suppose one barrier to including death in the game, though, would be the timescale it takes place in - assuming that each Act is a week of narrative time, would someone really sicken and fade over the course of a less than a month? It would seem very sudden unless there are timeskips included.
Last edited by kapparomeo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Misha?

Misha just dies. If not on her own then I'll do it. Nothing must come between me and Shizune.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Kwopper wrote: I like to think Kenji is the blind painter-boy Rin talks about. :D
I used to think that myself, but after moving onto the Lilly/Hanako route and seeing Kenji handle the banner-painting without too much difficulty I came to doubt it. It's not a definite confirmation, though - perhaps Kenji's personal painting is more 'freestyle' in the way that Rin describes. I suppose it would be elegant to have Kenji be the "boy" and so have all of the characters neatly entwined around each other, too. It could pose an interesting development for Act Two, as well - if Hisao joins the Art Club, you have to go through various convolutions to successfully court Rin whilst dodging Kenji's outrage at his witnessing you becoming a Gender Traitor.
Wrench Wench wrote:Misha just dies. If not on her own then I'll do it. Nothing must come between me and Shizune.
Surely a threesome's not out of the question?
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles

Post by Guest »

I actually think that this could be a splendidly affecting way and emotional way of resolving the story. Misha is fading, and as she shares her last words with Shizune she's too weak to sign out effectively - but Hisao, who by this point has learned sign language, acts as the interpreter for her. This shared moment of honest intimacy between the three of them repairs broken bridges - previously Hisao was the unfortunate wedge that drove them apart, but now that wedge has stuck there and welded all three parts into a whole. There is a reconciliation between Shizune and Misha, and also between Misha and Hisao, who gets to use his new skill in partnership rather than competition. By this act Misha also symbolically passes on the torch of Shizune's companion to Hisao, and she can meet her end at peace with herself knowing that all that can be done has been done.
Sounds like a sappy Lifetime Original Movie, really.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

kapparomeo wrote:Surely a threesome's not out of the question?
It's already going to be a threesome thanks to my partners rule regarding women.
"You feel like going for a woman? Well go for it but only if I can join in"

You know thats something I wonder. Is it normal for men to encourage lesbian tendencies in their women?
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

Wrench Wench wrote:
kapparomeo wrote:Surely a threesome's not out of the question?
It's already going to be a threesome thanks to my partners rule regarding women.
"You feel like going for a woman? Well go for it but only if I can join in"

You know thats something I wonder. Is it normal for men to encourage lesbian tendencies in their women?
Yeah pretty much.