Misha's Future?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DESU

Re: Misha's Future?

Post by DESU »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Bara wrote:I was wondering to myself why does a character without a path and who is pretty much a sidekick to a girl with a path get so much prolonged attention in the forum?
Two words: haunting laugh.
I don't think it's the laugh. it probably has something to do with her bubbly personality.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

Aura wrote: A fictional character shouldn't get hurt just because someone likes her? This strikes me as pretty stupid. Maybe you think getting upset over the death of a character you like is a bad thing? (it's not)
Does anybody remember Aerith at all? People were pissed about her death, but without it, the story really wasn't all that powerful. Aura's point here is totally valid. I understand a visual novel differs from an RPG, but... yeah.

Anyways, back to the topic :|

EDIT: I corrected my first question. I feel really stupid for not noticing that :(

So my theory may sound ludicrous to some (even I myself find it rather odd), but it also makes a bit of sense (maybe just to me, but it appears that some are partially agreeing with me). Here's why I thought this (from a couple questions on the KS forums):

"Why doesn't Misha have her own path?"
EDIT: 1 - Because she wasn't on Raita's poster (Aura corrected me on this).

"What is Misha's disability (assuming she has one)?"
1 - Maybe it's a physical disability visible underneath her clothing.
2 - Maybe it's an internal disorder serious enough to warrant a stay at Yamaku.

After thinking of these it's pure guessing. It sounds good to me, but I could see why some (like Extremist_Line) would find this development over exaggerated and/or unnecessary to KS. This is definitely not a sound argument, so I'm sorry about that :(.

This could be expanded to a general character path speculation forum. If anyone has guesses of what happens in future developments for any of the characters (i.e. Lilly regains eyesight [I don't believe this will happen, nor should it :?],go ahead and post it here.
Last edited by Yubiseiharukana on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Bara wrote:I was wondering to myself why does a character without a path and who is pretty much a sidekick to a girl with a path get so much prolonged attention in the forum?
Two words: haunting laugh.
Two more words: drill hair.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Misha doesn't have a path mostly because it would be too much work for a project already bloated beyond everything resembling common sense. (You might also note her absence from RAITA's original drawing)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:"Why doesn't Misha have her own path?"
Seriously, I think it's just this:

The devs decided that only the original 5 omake girls would have paths.

Shizune essentially needs an interpreter at the start of the game (unless Hisao already knows JSL or she writes/texts everything).

The above parenthetical exceptions are ruled out assuming the devs follow Raita's original omake note that the male love interest must learn sign language to date the deaf girl.

Create a new character who functions as Shizune's interpreter until Hisao learns sign language.
DESU

Post by DESU »

Aura wrote:You might also note her absence from RAITA's original drawing
of all my observations, I never noticed that until you pointed it out. how could I have missed that?
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Year 2020:
Apocalypse didn't happen. KS is a few years up. It blown away memories of every other VN. It's cool. it's fine. It's Misha-path-less. The world goes crazy.

And yet one fateful day...

The KS staff assembles again, thinking "eh, what the hell. We finished that old shiz. Maybe just a bit moar of this?"

And makes a MISHA PATCH

:D cut them some slack. and don't blow me into smithereens for this little science- fiction :D
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Smoku wrote:Year 2020:
Apocalypse didn't happen. KS is a few years up. It blown away memories of every other VN. It's cool. it's fine. It's Misha-path-less. The world goes crazy.

The KS staff assembles again, thinking "eh, what the hell. We finished that old shiz. Maybe just a bit moar of this?"

And makes a MISHA PATCH

:D cut them some slack. and don't blow me into smithereens for this little science- fiction :D

That....would be the greatest future ever. EVER. But...."Just a few year up" would mean it would be a while until the game is released. That would be the only bad part of that future.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
toast

Post by toast »

Her future is to pierce the heavens.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

Extremist_Line wrote:
Smoku wrote:Year 2020:

And makes a MISHA PATCH

That....would be the greatest future ever. EVER. But...."Just a few year up" would mean it would be a while until the game is released. That would be the only bad part of that future.

I agree. That would be awesome. AWESOME. But I heard Digiboy0001 say that he read an interview with one of the devs (I think it was Aura, but I'm not sure) that claimed that they expected the full release to be out by late 2010/early 2011. Not saying that his sources are reliable, but hopefully this means that 2020 will be quite far ahead of the full game's release.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:I agree. That would be awesome. AWESOME. But I heard Digiboy0001 say that he read an interview with one of the devs (I think it was Aura, but I'm not sure) that claimed that they expected the full release to be out by late 2010/early 2011. Not saying that his sources are reliable, but hopefully this means that 2020 will be quite far ahead of the full game's release.
Yes, but I also seem to remember seeing that there was a projected 2008 release date at some point, so I'd take that with several grains of salt. Although if it's not done by 2020, it's probably safe to say it never would be (god forbid).
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

A Misha path would indeed be exciting. From a practical standpoint, however, it does mean changing a lot of story line to make parts suitable for misha and generally a lot of work. As for the release date, the game will come out when it does. Its not like the devs go to work on the game for 8 hours a day, they aren't a company and its not their profession so the slow progress is something to be expected.

Back on topic, speculation is good, but it needs a grounding of evidence or else its just making things up. As for Misha dying, its wholly possible to make it very touching and It does not seem impossible. On the other hand, from the mood of Act 1, a death does not seem that likely. Based solely on the events of Act 1, the only person who seems to be close to the reaper is Hisao. The fact that the bad end of Act 1 was your death, however, does show that the devs are none to adversed to killing important characters. Also, the fact that this is a game about a cripples school means that KS is no foreigner to controversial and tricky subjects.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Shades of Grey wrote:From a practical standpoint, however, it does mean changing a lot of story line to make parts suitable for misha and generally a lot of work.
A friend of mine I was talking to last night suggested that if a Misha path was added, it could be done similar to Lily/Hanako's route: make Misha's route intertwined with Shizune's, but have a break-off point near the end. Seems like a good idea to me.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Member22, can't log in for some reason

Post by Member22, can't log in for some reason »

I have been watching this debate about a Misha route for some time... the opinions are interesting, but I find myself agreeing with the devs again... I think that we should at least wait for the 5 main paths to be completed in the final KS, and once that is done, then we should get this debate up and running. I am saying this because if we just introduce a Misha route or a Yuko route, then the KS development could potentially go haywire because the sprites, writing, editing and directing all has to be done for an extra character, so work may not go as smoothly as it is now. I really want KS to be good and not a rushed project, so IMO, Misha's future as of now lies in the fan art/fiction forums until KS is done.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

what if we just had a bonus H scene with her.

You know like after you beat Shizune's path a bonus sex scene opens up for anyone who likes misha to fap to.