Estimated length

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ze spy

Re: Estimated length

Post by ze spy »

Is it just me, or would episodic releases be much better? Yes, releasing it when it's done does have its benefits, but we would most likely wait until mid to late 2011.
"That weird motherfucker"
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I imagine that episodic releases wouldn't work with the path structure they have planned.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Yeah, I'd much rather be able to play through the entire thing all at once.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Except that the Devs do KS as a side. They have other things like eating, sleeping, family, friends and work that kind of get in the way of constant updates. For more minor sort of one line sort of updates look into their twitter. I think there is (or was) a link on the dev blog page.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
DESU

Post by DESU »

Bara wrote:Except that the Devs do KS as a side. They have other things like eating, sleeping, family, friends and work that kind of get in the way of constant updates. For more minor sort of one line sort of updates look into their twitter. I think there is (or was) a link on the dev blog page.
it's in the header, along with the shimmie and blog links
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yeah episodic releases would be rather weird. Not really a good idea. At most we could release the complete paths one by one, but since we are working on them simultaneously (and concentrating on a single path wouldn't significantly speed up its progress), they will all be done more or less simultaneously too.

As for progress updates, blah blah blah. Been discussed before indeed, and yeah the issue looks a lot different from this side of the fence. You can get chatlogs of us arguing about retarded shit by just joining the public irc channel.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

The hell is an irc channel? Curse this uniformed country!
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

ContinualNaba wrote:The hell is an irc channel? Curse this uniformed country!
It's pretty much just a chat room, but be warned that you will lose brain cells if you spend extended periods of time there.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Csihar wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote:The hell is an irc channel? Curse this uniformed country!
It's pretty much just a chat room, but be warned that you will lose brain cells if you spend extended periods of time there.
They say the same about drinking, but booze still seems to be popular (or maybe "poplar" instead)...

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

Tahtorak wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:Well, when I recently asked of the KatawaShoujo, I don't know who runs under that name, on the blog I was confirmed that there will be 4 acts in total for all of the main characters.
My speculation involves:
Act 1 = picking the path to follow
Act 2 = getting to know them better
Act 3 = Learning about how their disability has hindered them or came to be
Act 4 = H-scenes and final confession

I think that is pretty sound reasoning from what I have found thus far and what I see from your wordcount estimates Suriko, is that one of these acts might be highly centered around text; probably #2 with #3 being somewhat short or more event based.
Sorry, if this isn't the correct thread for this but I thought I would put it out there.
4 acts? Really? Logically, that means that Hanako and Lilly's storylines are halfway done (according to the recent blog post). Unfortunately, I cannot say this with full confidence. After all, "In every experiment, in every scenario, there is the factor of chance. The unpredictable -- the variant or mutation for which you cannot prepare. That hiccup on the quantum level that throws everything off..." In other words, there's always chaos throwing things off.

BTW, Based on my personal experience with virtual novels, this is my prediction on the acts:
Act 1 will be the same as neumanproductions said
Act 2 will be "getting to know them better" + "Learning about how their disability has hindered them or came to be" + confession + maybe an H-scene
Act 3 will be progress of the relationship + H-scenes
Act 4 will include some kind of crazy event with a dramatic conclusion + H-scenes + a look at where the relationship will take the characters in the future
But like I said, there's always chaos throwing things off.
Well neumanproductions, I guess we were both somewhat right and somewhat wrong in our predictions of the acts. Your prediction was right for the Hanako route, with the getting to know her better in act 2, learning about how her disability has hindered her in act 3 (I refer to the breakdown she had), and H-scenes and final confession in act 4. However, the part about how her disability came to be happened in act 2.

My predictions, on the other hand, were also mostly right. I refer specifically to the Emi and Shizune routes. The only parts I got wrong was the part where I predicted there might be H-scenes in act 2, "some kind of crazy event with a dramatic conclusion," and "a look at where the relationship will take the characters in the future." Although, that bit about the future was true with Lilly, because she was the only girl with an epilogue of sorts, and it was like only a few days or weeks into the future!
.., ,
-M