Hanako's hidden eye...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kacchan

Hanako's hidden eye...

Post by kacchan »

I have always wondered this. Clearly there is an eye we do not see.

Is the eye a) still there and functioning, but it's hidden by her hair? b) still there but non-functioning, or c) it's been removed because of the damage?
DESU

Re: Hanako's hidden eye...

Post by DESU »

I don't think it's been removed, but I'm not sure if it works or not. I've heard it go both ways.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'm pretty sure one of the devs said that Hanako has two functional eyes.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

I actually wondered that myself. I always thought it might be damaged since the burns seem to go over it.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
DESU

Post by DESU »

kosherbacon wrote:I'm pretty sure one of the devs said that Hanako has two functional eyes.
well I remember someone saying that she was blind in that eye. I guess that was wrong.
Extremist_Line wrote:I actually wondered that myself. I always thought it might be damaged since the burns seem to go over it.
yeah, that's what I thought too
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... functional

f-f-found it! Also on the first page, the 100% completion CG where you see both of them.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Here's her right eye from the 100% completion reward image.
Right Eye.jpg
Right Eye.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 7845 times
I'm not sure how credible it is, perhaps it's solid canon. I think a dev might have stated that it is fine, but I don't remember. You never know, maybe it's a realistic glass replica? Because with the scarring on her face, I personally don't think the eye could still be functional after that kind of damage.

Edit: Damnit kosher.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

..... Y' know, now I wonder if this thread will eventually make it's way into the FAQ just because of the number this has been asked. Or maybe make the thread kosher quoted a sticky or something.
Next question porbably will be if Hanako's boobs are undamaged or if one is missing or like "a bag of sand" or the lack thereof....
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

-abscess wrote:Next question porbably will be if Hanako's boobs are undamaged or if one is missing or like "a bag of sand" or the lack thereof....
Or the extent of Shizune's lip-reading abilities, if she has any at all.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

She has two functional eyes that her mama gave to her. The emokid hairstyle just covers the right eye.

Mystery solved.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

And I guess it would be more useless speculation to discuss how it was left undamaged in the first place. Probably just luck.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Karisu

Post by Karisu »

G3n0c1de wrote:And I guess it would be more useless speculation to discuss how it was left undamaged in the first place. Probably just luck.
She closed her eye? It never even crossed my mind that it might be non-functioning until I saw this thread!

I also assume that the scars are mainly on her face and left arm (and possibly lower left leg) and that whatever clothing she was wearing was enough to shield her chest from any severe damage. If there is scarring there I would assume it's much less severe than on the exposed parts of her body.

The way her wound is, I thought it was a sudden blast or wave and not necessarily any kind of prolonged flame exposure that caused the burns. Since she was very young when it happened too, I figured her body was able to recover fairly well over the years on her less exposed parts (I pictured her wearing a short sleeved shirt and shorts during the blast, or pajamas with shorter sleeves).
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

You know, having your hair in front of your eyes all the time puts a lot of strain on them. I just hope that Hanako won't eventually need glasses, because I doubt that Hisao's heart could bear this amount of moe.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

When nobody's looking I bet she holds her hair out of the way, ready to drop it back if she hears footsteps approaching.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Hmm, maybe she held her hand just in front of her eye? That would explain the scars on her wrist and hand as well....
Panty Supervisor wrote:I just hope that Hanako won't eventually need glasses, because I doubt that Hisao's heart could bear this amount of moe.
Aw, now I want to see a picture of Hanako with glasses....
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/