Anonymust

The Braille Superstore

Post by Anonymust »

Well I thought it was funny.
Yubiseiharukana

Re: The Braille Superstore

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

Fail :mrgreen:. Truly an epic fail, and really funny :D

The bad thing is, is that the website is a legitimate site. How are they going to read it? Do they expect Lilly to always have a friend reading to her what's on the computer? Terrible, really. It was so bad that I half expected them to have a directions page.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
DESU

Post by DESU »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:Do they expect Lilly to always have a friend reading to her what's on the computer?
well if she's on a computer, she either has some text-to-speech program, or she has a friend. she wouldn't be able to read anything on the computer in the first place.

also, i noticed that braille is bold, meaning you were searching "braille" in google (or whatever). why were you searching for braille in the first place?
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The slogan made me smile, but I don't see anything funny about an online store selling products that were made with blind people in mind. Of course blind people themselves can't navigate the site, but seeing that not every shop-around-the-corner sells the kind of things the site sells, I think it's a lot more convenient for blind people to ask a friend or relative to browse the site with them and then have the goods delivered at home than to ask a friend/relative to drive them over to the nearest store that has those kind of specialized articles on the shelves. ("nearest" may be a hundred miles away or more for a lot of people)

Or maybe I just missed the joke...
Member22

Post by Member22 »

LOL, you get a lot of those ads on the net, especially ones being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Guest Poster wrote:Of course blind people themselves can't navigate the site
That's just not true. Narrator and such exist for a reason. I'm sure it would be harder, and obviously any video is going to be lost on them, but Narrator for things like Windows XP is specifically designed to work with IE.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

What's really funny is the website that had a video of someone signing the words, alongside the text. I guess it's for illiterate deaf people?
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

It really, really pains me how nobody seems to be able to see why that line is funny.

Apart from that, you wouldn't believe how many lines of that caliber we remove from the game daily. And I don't doubt that we'll still miss quite a few.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Do those Google ads show up as pictures or text(haven't seen one in a while, har har)

If it's an image then it's especially fail, unless your text to speech program reads all the URLS as well.
DESU

Post by DESU »

kosherbacon wrote:Do those Google ads show up as pictures or text?
google ads are text
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Bara

Post by Bara »

delta wrote:You wouldn't believe how many lines of that caliber we remove from the game daily. And I don't doubt that we'll still miss quite a few.
Damn, I guess that means the lines about Hisao and Rin holding hands won't make it to the final release. :cry:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I run the Firesign Theatre website including a home-grown php-based chat, and I modified it at the behest of a blind fan who sometimes shows up for the chats. Blind people use the web too, that's why good web pages still have text modes instead of requiring flash or something.
Juno

Post by Juno »

It's pretty tasteless to address yourselves to your potential customers, who are blind or near blind people, and tell them they have never seen your products before.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

delta wrote:Apart from that, you wouldn't believe how many lines of that caliber we remove from the game daily. And I don't doubt that we'll still miss quite a few.
You tell'em. I caught myself recently deleting and remodeling of a storyline in a fanfic just cause I forgot that Lilly couldn't see a movie and Shizune overhear a conversation >.> stupid errors make the world go round and round
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Smoku wrote:I forgot that Lilly couldn't see a movie and Shizune overhear a conversation
RobertDowneyJrInBlackface.jpeg