Hanako's no-scars ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest22

Re: Hanako's no-scars ending?

Post by Guest22 »

Deimos wrote:
PinkMagus wrote:If you have to look past defects to love them, then you don't really love them, only the small scope you acknowledge.

Those who truly love learn to redefine defects, such that attributes of a person become merely additions to their person rather than flaws.
In a very strict sense Hanako has deformities that make her ugly while she is beautiful at the same time. A moment to explain if you allow me to indulge myself.

In terms of raw prettiness Hanako is certainly the heroine who is rather lacking. But I always thought there was a fundamental difference between being pretty and being beautiful. Prettiness varies from culture to culture and preferred fashion style but regardless of that has a certain uniformity to it. It is rather normative concerning our aesthetical judgements. I, for one, think flowers are petty.
Beauty is, for the lack of some better synoym, entirely different. It is so individual in its depth and can encompass so much more, sometimes literally compelling you to fall on your knees or make your heart soar high into the sky out of gratitude for the existence of your object of affection. I, to name a harmless example, consider the vast sandy dunes of deserts with all their harshness and solitude to be beautiful, sometimes even exactly because of these particular features.

Personally, I think Hanako has defects and those are not lovely because otherwise any attraction would be based on a rather uncommon fetish. I do not know if I am agreeing with you or not, all I want is to express my firm belief that, for Hisao, Hanako is not pretty, but beautiful.

Maybe I am against a no-scars ending because I fear her resulting prettiness would only divert from all the others wonderful attributes she has, but that is enough nonsensical, sweet talk from me for today. :oops:
I second your explanation. All this time we forgot to differentiate between beautiful and pretty... thank you for drawing the line here.

Interesting opinion on the no-scars ending though... when I was initially writing this, I was thinking in the context of removing the source of her sadness, I was also inspired by one of the user's pics in this forum which featured a scarless Hanako....

But now, it turns out that its better for her in the long term if she stays that way... Hisao would always be there for her lol
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

The scars may take away from her prettiness, but they, in conjunction with her personality, blast her moeness off the charts. And the unscarred part of her looks pretty cute, actually.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

G3n0c1de wrote:The scars may take away from her prettiness, but they, in conjunction with her personality, blast her moeness off the charts. And the unscarred part of her looks pretty cute, actually.
I agree... the pic in this post really expresses what you mean, if you haven't seen it yet.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2335
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Smoku wrote:Is it prettiness or still beauty, although he'd be associated with another heroine?
Hm, I do not consider the Hisao on other routes to be the same Hisao as he is shown in the Hanako route. So far he has been a little bit bland and there are no big differences to be seen in all five scenarios. However, to truly appreciate so vastly different people like Shizune or Rin, he must be a slightly different person in each scenario. Before I confuse you further, I want you to recognize that all my musings are under the assumpation that the girl in question is Hisao's true love.

Maybe it is only my individual viewpoint on this issue, but I do not know how it is possible to have 5 Love interests and all of them can be that one very special person you adore for all your life. Even considering that it is all fiction I cannot find another explanation.

To (finally) answer your question:
No, I do not think he would find Hanako beautiful according to my definition if he were to be with another girl. He might be able to acknowledge her charms and think of her as pretty but not beautiful as it would be found in the purest and most tender forms of love - this would be reserved for the girl he would have chosen as his beloved.

And thank you and Guest22 for your compliments, apart from the jokes I occasionally participate in, I sometimes try to share some thoughts on KS that I find meaningful and since we are engaging in discussion about beauty, enjoy some beautiful music.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Deimos wrote:And thank you and Guest22 for your compliments, apart from the jokes I occasionally participate in, I sometimes try to share some thoughts on KS that I find meaningful and since we are engaging in discussion about beauty, enjoy some beautiful music.
Thank you for the music!
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate