Bad end discussion topic

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Bad end discussion topic

Post by ubergeneral »

1. Is anyone going to go for a bad end their first run when the game comes out?

2. Which girl do you think will have the best Bad end?

3. Anyone want a Nice Boat bad end?
Utumo

Re: Bad end discussion topic

Post by Utumo »

I feel really bad, but if there are bad ends, I would like to see Hanako's. Probably not for my first run though. Seems like something really bad would happen, like her going yandere on Hisao. Sounds like something I would enjoy reading. A little too much maybe...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I won't go for the bad end on purpose, but I'll probably get it on my first playthrough, like in the demo. Speaking of bad ends, there will probably be ones involving Hisao dying of a heart attack, and ones where he screws up his relationship with his girl, and they part ways, among others. I can't say I'm a fan of yandere though, and KS doesn't seem to be the type of game to include gratuitous violence.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Straight to the Kenji gay sex ending, fuck yeah!
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

:shock: uh no comment.

Anyway, i can see myself purposely getting a bad ending in this fame. The only reason i even know one exits, is when i thought saying 'i'm fine' would be a good thing. Then again, i can see something like that popping up again at one point. When you get a chose with being a sensible option, only to discover its not.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

Can't say I'm aiming for a bad end on my first playthrough. I always like to aim for the good/best ends first; but am only able to get them every so often the first time round. It can sometimes be difficult to predict what will happen due to a certain choice.

Snicket wrote:Anyway, i can see myself purposely getting a bad ending in this fame. The only reason i even know one exits, is when i thought saying 'i'm fine' would be a good thing. Then again, i can see something like that popping up again at one point. When you get a chose with being a sensible option, only to discover its not.
Hisao does have something of a habit of over-reacting when you pick a certain choice, doesn't he. I remember picking that choice, thinking nothing of it compared to the other one. Given how closed off Hisao is, I thought it the better of the two the first time round, and BOOM!!!, Hisao explodes.
Open up our narrow minds.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

Caesius wrote:Straight to the Kenji gay sex ending, fuck yeah!
^THIS. FUCK YEAH XD!!
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Do you think there will be bad bad ends? I haven't played any other date sim/visual novel things, so I don't know how much it's to be expected, or if the developers even intend to cleave to that tradition if it is.

I dunno, when I heard there would be multiple endings per path, I figured there would be "great ends" and "okay ends" rather than "bad ends." It just seems odd that the sort of protracted romantic engagement that act 1 suggests will be occurring would build up to something shocking or tragic. I worry it would be gimmicky and not up to the standard set by the rest of the story- a bad punchline to what wasn't supposed to be a joke in the first place.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Spindrift wrote:Do you think there will be bad bad ends? I haven't played any other date sim/visual novel things, so I don't know how much it's to be expected, or if the developers even intend to cleave to that tradition if it is.

I dunno, when I heard there would be multiple endings per path, I figured there would be "great ends" and "okay ends" rather than "bad ends." It just seems odd that the sort of protracted romantic engagement that act 1 suggests will be occurring would build up to something shocking or tragic. I worry it would be gimmicky and not up to the standard set by the rest of the story- a bad punchline to what wasn't supposed to be a joke in the first place.
If they follow the structure of act I, perhaps there will be bad ends at the end of each act. Or maybe there will be decisions that will immediately lead to bad ends if the player chooses wrong. At the very least, there has to be bad ends at the end of each path. And they will probably vary according to path, rather than leading to the same manly picnic.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
DESU

Post by DESU »

I don't want to go for a bad and, but by god I hope I don't go there
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

DESU wrote:I don't want to go for a bad and, but by god I hope I don't go there
You'll need to see the bad ends in order to reach 100%. Besides, once you go through the story enough times the bad ends won't seem so bad. Just as long as you are actively going for them. If you get a bad end while going for your main girl on your first play through you may be traumatized, or at least angry and confused.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

I'll probably just play naturally and choose whatever sounds like a good idea. If I get a good end, cool; bad end? Oh well. Most likely I'll have read spoilers already; it happened with the Kenji end.

I am curious how many endings will be "well, it didn't work out between Girl X and me, insert sappy saying here" and how many are "somebody dies, probably you." I'm guessing an Emi Bad End would involve the latter being a possibility.
DESU

Post by DESU »

G3n0c1de wrote:You'll need to see the bad ends in order to reach 100%.
see sig.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

G3n0c1de wrote:
DESU wrote:I don't want to go for a bad and, but by god I hope I don't go there
You'll need to see the bad ends in order to reach 100%. Besides, once you go through the story enough times the bad ends won't seem so bad. Just as long as you are actively going for them. If you get a bad end while going for your main girl on your first play through you may be traumatized, or at least angry and confused.
You might even be traumatized without getting a bad end!

see: F/SN
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'll probably try getting one early on. If anything to get it over with and have an idea how to avoid one the next time.