Is Anyone Else Afraid To Go Further?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

Re: Is Anyone Else Afraid To Go Further?

Post by Smoku »

I'm not sure it's the only (but still terrifying) case...
Someone wrote (can't remember the thread) that such scars require some health management as well. tough I can't remember precisely what kind. If someone is aware, please share.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I don't think it's so much her personality in combination with the scars that makes up Hanako. I think it's the scars that has shaped her personailty to this point. Or more specifically, how she got them. Think about it, she was in a fire and horribly burned, and if that isn't traumatizing enough, her dad died in that fire. This event probably overwrote whatever personality she had before the fire. And after the fire she was left scarred, which must have been physically painful for a long while after. The scars also make her self conscious about her appearance, and her self esteem is probably shot. The worst part of the scars is the emotional pain that it brings. Not from her being embarassed about her appearance, but guilt, most likely. I think she has a lot of guilt over what happened, and the scars remind her of that every day. Every single day she has to remember getting burned, and possibly being responsible for her dad's death.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Even if she has no responsibility for what happened, survivor's guilt might be powerful enough.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

To underline G3n0c1de's last post, I have seen a story on TV that went like this: an older sister protected her younger sibling from a fire in their house, simply by staying on top of the little girl and be burnt in her stead. Something along those lines could explain why only half of Hanako's face suffered these scars.

This would be the extreme variant of guilt, however I suppose it is far more likely that Hanako thinks she had an opportunity to save her father and missed it due to cowardice.

Whatever happened I am left to think about Hanako's surviving parent. Normally, I would guess that a mother would support her daughter and try to alleviate the pain both must feel. Considering Hanako's behaviour and the fact that she attends a boarding school and has found a new female role model, I can guess that her mother could not help her.

And that should be enough off-topic rambling from me.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
DESU

Post by DESU »

Oh god you guys make Hanako sound like the most depressed person in the world.

DON'T WORRY HANAKO, I'M HERE FOR YOU
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

whiteknight.jpg