A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Interesting Experiments

Post by Juno »

Just let the guy earn his Darwin Award.
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

Although there is a great chance I could suffer sever injury from these things (I already have a scar on my chest from flaming ramen), I am still intrigued about how hard it is to live with a disability, which has so far proved to be very difficult.
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

sonnysonny wrote:(I already have a scar on my chest from flaming ramen)
Alright, we're either being trolled or that is the best coincidence I've seen in a while.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Deimos wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:It's the reason she reads so much, to lose herself in the stories.
And thus, she reflects what many people who play Visual Novels try to do. :)
Agree in my case :P

how in the world have you made a scar on your chest by burning ramen? you were boiling water on your chest?

I wonder if Lilly has a scar on her chest... I'd like to check that in person.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Smoku wrote: I wonder if Lilly has a scar on her chest... I'd like to check that in person.
She does, but usually only after a couple of drinks.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

Smoku wrote:how in the world have you made a scar on your chest by burning ramen? you were boiling water on your chest?
Okay, I was boiling the ramen and I went off to do another trial that I thought would be easy (finding the remote). It was not and after however long it took I heard the fire alarm go off and instantly assumed it was the ramen. I take it and the handle was hot and i dropped it, spilling flaming noodles on my chest and a hot ass pot on my foot. I will take a pic if you want one.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

sonnysonny wrote:Okay, I was boiling the ramen and I went off to do another trial that I thought would be easy (finding the remote). It was not and after however long it took I heard the fire alarm go off and instantly assumed it was the ramen. I take it and the handle was hot and i dropped it, spilling flaming noodles on my chest and a hot ass pot on my foot. I will take a pic if you want one.
Did you remove your blindfold for this?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

G3n0c1de wrote:
sonnysonny wrote:Okay, I was boiling the ramen and I went off to do another trial that I thought would be easy (finding the remote). It was not and after however long it took I heard the fire alarm go off and instantly assumed it was the ramen. I take it and the handle was hot and i dropped it, spilling flaming noodles on my chest and a hot ass pot on my foot. I will take a pic if you want one.
Did you remove your blindfold for this?
I did, It's worth it to have a house.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

sonnysonny wrote:I already have a scar on my chest from flaming ramen
Man, I'm glad you're not part of the Saw fandom
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Talk about obvious trolling.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I stated something to that effect, but I'm almost hoping it's not. I find extreme degrees of failure amusing at times.
Bimber

Post by Bimber »

I tried something similar to sonnysonny's blind experiment a couple of months back. There is this big scary forest that I have to walk through to get home and since noone were around apart from my buddy we decided to do a little blind experiment. Now it was a little awkward at first, almost tripping over roots and the sudden sence of insecurity, but I soon moved swiftly like a predator stalking through the woods. All the sounds became as "clear as day" I could hear where all the animals were, the vipers slithering through the tall grass, the river nearly half a mile away, and the faint breathing of my freind. It was truly an awesome experience and I got through the forest unharmed too. Of course blindness sucks, but having hearing like that almost makes up for it.
minkus

Post by minkus »

I was burned once with a pot full of boiling water. Thankfully it didn't scar, which just depends on how much contact it has directly with the body. If you're wearing a T-Shirt, the burns could get serious, if you were wearing about three layers cause it was freezing at the time, you just have to worry about the scalding pain.

I tried playing Halo with my feet once, and the results were hilarious. Also, you can still play DDR without hands.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
Petersaber

Post by Petersaber »

This is a really interesting thread. And a dumb one. After reading first post, first thing I thought about was "Darwin Awards". Seriously. That was really dumb of you.

I tried that too :) I was 15, and after the final verdict of my oculist on my eyes I blindfolded myself for a whole day, trying to do normal things. While I avoided harming myself with myself (how the hell did you pull that trick with cream off?! Your brain should automaticly know where your body parts are, and the things that touch them, like shoes), I broke a mirror, burned my dinner (couldn't complain - I like my french fries and meat slightly burned), I flooded the bathroom with water, and nearly killed my sister (had alot of explaining to do). I also knocked my old PC screen over, which was a great thing, because it was 7 years old shit, I told my parents our dog did it trying to reach food on my desk, and they agreed to pay half of the price for a new, sweet, big screen. But shhh.

It's interesting how blocking your eyesight drasticly improves other senses, mainly hearing and touch. And nearly immediatly, too.

I never tried to "test live" with any other disability. I never was interested. But there is no doubt, being armless or mute must suck. You can live with this, but... Well. The easiest disability to live with is having no legs, you just get artifical ones and you're good to go. It has many disadvantages, but not as many as other disabilities we have in "Katawa Shoujo".
I am here to say what hundreds of others have already said.
Elroy

Post by Elroy »

This was an assignment of mine one year of highschool. I had to blindfold myself for an hour. I walked around using a backscratcher as a cane.