New characters for act 2

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shujoxa

Re: New characters for act 2

Post by Shujoxa »

Shades of gray wrote:the shocker will be if there is actually several new paths in the final product... molly, suzu, miki etc etc

although... I'll hold out for a secret Harem End

Yeesh. I'm a pervert... now where's my rock?
While most of the perverted thoughts I've had going into this have gone out, part of me sorta wants an ending where Shizune and Lilly make up and you get a Brandy Talore/Sara Stone-esque threesome.

But that's off subject of new characters, so as to not derail the thread, I could definitely see the developers throwing in new paths (though they won't tell us they're doing it), some being existing characters (with new characters on the side), and some paths featuring new characters.

If that April Fools "Prank" turns out to be partially not a prank, however, We'll likely have to pay for at least some of that content.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

We only know for sure of exactly two additional characters: Hideaki and the mysterious Meiko. I'd say Natsume is the only other one that's a relatively safe bet because she's Aura's avatar, and I believe another Dev's as well (though I can't remember which one). I know that doesn't prove anything, but it suggests a popularity among certain members of the Dev team which is good enough for educated speculation.
Sid Vicious wrote:He should get some friend who are guys because it makes he look like a fag being friend with only girls.( also i dont hate gay people cause i say fag some times).
I'm a straight guy and I'd MUCH rather prefer to hang around with mostly attractive girls. That's because I find attractive girls very... attractive, if you know what I mean. That is to say that until proven otherwise, I assume any guy who hangs around with mostly attractive women is very lucky, not gay.

Also, it's quite homophobic to use the word "fag" to refer to gay people. It doesn't change things just because YOU say it isn't. The fact is that it's a word that's been used to demean and dehumanize a portion of the population and there's no valid reason to use it (including homophobia, that's just dickish).
Shujoxa wrote:Recent developments make me wonder.

Sources that say "There is no Molly, don't bother," vs sources that (in essence) say "We've been known to lie, so don't bother."
Hmmm...
ubergeneral wrote:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x_FmMXO8gfA/T ... review.jpg

look at the line up of characters. There are some characters there that aren't in act one. This make it cannon!
No, this is official art, but it doesn't prove anything about the prevalence of any of those additional characters in the plot itself.

Actually, I'm torn. The fact that it's an official guide's cover art gives it a LOT of clout, but on the other hand... Oh, to hell with it, I'm going to consider it canon until proven otherwise if just for the fact that it's adorablawesome and it supports the Hideaki/Akira connection (even if not necessarily romantic). I'm a little surprised by the lack of Natsume for the same reasons mentioned earlier, but then again, Aura using her as an icon never necessarily meant that the character was important, just that he liked the design.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who

Post by Guest »

I actually agree with sid here, as much as I'd like to spend the entire 3 months of school with girls, I'm also interested in seeing how Hisao would cope with socializing in his relatively normal school life, and not spend every afternoon either reading books or hanging out with his crush.

but then it seems like all of the 5 heroines have tiny social circles, all of them seem to have less than 2 friends at school.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

While new characters would be great in my opinion, the devs have no obligation to create them. Although if there was I would be extra super uber happy :mrgreen:

On the topic of female friends, I'm a straight guy and pretty much all my close friends are girls (bar 1 guy, but I spend more time with the girls than him)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A thing to note is that the TL team's book is not "official". I mean, it is for them of course, and we've given our blessing, but none of us has seen it, and while there are a couple of things some of us made for it, it's more a guest feature sort of thing.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Aura wrote:A thing to note is that the TL team's book is not "official". I mean, it is for them of course, and we've given our blessing, but none of us has seen it, and while there are a couple of things some of us made for it, it's more a guest feature sort of thing.
Good to know. I love the chibi cast pic on the front, though I'm assuming from your comment that we shouldn't necessarily take that as being the full cast, or even an accurate representation of who the secondary characters are. (Unless it is and you're just messing with our heads.) I do like that cast, though.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Well, the presence of Molly should tip off anyone who knows who she is that the chibi pic has nothing to do with officialness.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Aura wrote:Well, the presence of Molly should tip off anyone who knows who she is that the chibi pic has nothing to do with officialness.
Oh. I'd forgotten what Molly looked like and just figured that was the mysterious Meiko... My mistake then.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Another thing to keep in mind is that the JP-translators who created that book and chose the cover art don't know the contents of Acts 2-4 any more than we do.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Aura pointed things out much more eloquently, but I just feel compelled to maek catface.

So here it is.

>:3
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that the JP-translators who created that book and chose the cover art don't know the contents of Acts 2-4 any more than we do.
True, but I was under the impression that the cover art was not only created by official artists but chosen for the product by the Dev team. Sort of like an official hint or subtle reveal. As Aura and Silentcook have confirmed, that's not the case, (unless they're lying) but it seemed like it could've been.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Totz the Plaid wrote:True, but I was under the impression that the cover art was not only created by official artists but chosen for the product by the Dev team. Sort of like an official hint or subtle reveal. As Aura and Silentcook have confirmed, that's not the case, (unless they're lying) but it seemed like it could've been.
If you're talking about the chibi pic, that was made by mikeinel, who is not a member of the dev team. It's just a cute picture of the KS cast.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Totz the Plaid wrote:True, but I was under the impression that the cover art was not only created by official artists but chosen for the product by the Dev team. Sort of like an official hint or subtle reveal. As Aura and Silentcook have confirmed, that's not the case, (unless they're lying) but it seemed like it could've been.
If you're talking about the chibi pic, that was made by mikeinel, who is not a member of the dev team. It's just a cute picture of the KS cast.
Man, I need to read more unflipped manga because I read:
Aura wrote:The front cover is a collaboration between moekki and weee, and afaik the back cover is by mikeinel.
...and because I'm used to the way things are printed here in the West, I assumed that the chibis were the front cover and the awesome CG-style pic was the back. Guess I got it ass-backward.
minkus

Post by minkus »

So...
There was a new trailer along with the announcement for the full release.
Here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8Um3ZsL3tQ
With help from the blog thread, one of the characters shown was Sae.
[shimmie]956[/shimmie]
We also saw Miki and a completely new character! So I'm reviving this thread for any guesses on who that was and who might be showing up in the full release.

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Thank you Minkus.

There's no information on the girl from the left, And I'm guessing the girl in the middle is Miki (I don't know who she is, fan-info please?) and the lady on the right looks like a teacher. I'm happy we have a female teacher, otherwise Nayoime would be the only cripple fetishist on the campus.

Begin thinking/makingstuffup now.
Attachments
newgirls.jpg
newgirls.jpg (28.02 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi