Japanese have no fight or flight reflex?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mr Borker

Japanese have no fight or flight reflex?

Post by Mr Borker »

While playing through act one I came across an interesting statement from Shizune.

She claimed that Japanese people have no flight or fight reflex.

An interesting statement. I know Asians are said to be more subservient and obedient than others but is there any truth to it?
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Re: Japanese have no fight or flight reflex?

Post by Climatic »

Pretty sure that is just another example of A22 being weird.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Coupled with the panties, it seems like Shizune is quite the troll.
The Invincible Bork

Post by The Invincible Bork »

Guest Poster wrote:Coupled with the panties, it seems like Shizune is quite the troll.
Why is it that this just makes me desire her even more?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I don't recall that.. what scene was it in? I wasnt paying too much attention during the Shizune route :P
toast

Post by toast »

Yeah, Shizune's route is going to be interesting if A22 ever gets around to actually writing it.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't recall that.. what scene was it in? I wasnt paying too much attention during the Shizune route
I can't remember the EXACT moment, but I do recall Misha/Shizune mentions this after dragging you off to the student counsil room...and they explain to Hisao why they knew he wasn't going to make a run for it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Guest Poster wrote:
I don't recall that.. what scene was it in? I wasnt paying too much attention during the Shizune route
I can't remember the EXACT moment, but I do recall Misha/Shizune mentions this after dragging you off to the student counsil room...and they explain to Hisao why they knew he wasn't going to make a run for it.
Then of course can you be sure Shizune really said that or did Misha add it? That is part of the fun of the Shizune path. Figuring out if some weird statement comes from Shizune or Misha is entertaining in and of itself.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Bara wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
Then of course can you be sure Shizune really said that or did Misha add it? That is part of the fun of the Shizune path. Figuring out if some weird statement comes from Shizune or Misha is entertaining in and of itself.
That is definitely a Shizune comment
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

No, the way it was phrased was most certainly Shizune.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

The Invincible Bork wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Coupled with the panties, it seems like Shizune is quite the troll.
Have you done any reading on pickup artists? Does the cat-and-string theory mean anything to you?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:Then of course can you be sure Shizune really said that or did Misha add it? That is part of the fun of the Shizune path. Figuring out if some weird statement comes from Shizune or Misha is entertaining in and of itself.
There is no Misha, only Shizuulne...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Borkertronic 9000

Post by Borkertronic 9000 »

Goldilurks wrote:
The Invincible Bork wrote:
Have you done any reading on pickup artists? Does the cat-and-string theory mean anything to you?
nope. elaborate

also "pick up artist"?
chaix

Post by chaix »

pick up artist: the guy who walks into a bar,club,etc. and walks out with 3-4 actual phone numbers. may also write books on how to attract the opposite gender.

cat and string: kinda sounds like the classic "playing hard to get" approach, they give up a little to keep you interested in them, you're still basically chasing after them though. which does sound like something Shizune would do, it seems like a very... controlling approach to a relationship.

Kinda guessing at the second one, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

offtopic: if the gate keeper is Shizuulne, then is the keymaster Hinzso? nNakainz? bleh, too hard to merge Hisao's name with Vinz Clortho's.
The Almighty Bork Master

Post by The Almighty Bork Master »

Well cat and string certainly does describe Shizune's approach.

Although by the end of act 1 she's overstretched herself making it fairly obvious what she wants thus giving Hisao an advantage. If he takes it.