KS lookalikes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by ParagonTerminus » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:13 pm

While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

azumeow
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:04 am

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by azumeow » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:21 pm

CoffeeDrive wrote:CUTENESS
Hey look, dancing emi.
More Chuunibyou? Coffee....I think I love you.

As for KS lookalikes....I'm sure it's been said already, but Maka from Soul Eater bears resemblance to Emi. Kenzo Tenma from Monster also reminds me of Mutou. Ahhh, Monster. 10/10, though....don't know if I'd watch again. Sooo long.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Eastasia
Contact:

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by brythain » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:22 pm

ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
Closest to canonical image of that scar: HERE
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by CoffeeDrive » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:38 am

ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
Favourite series of books since I was a kid. I read the entire of predators gold in half a day and then started infernal devices immedietly.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
emmjay
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by emmjay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 am

Blanc wrote:Amenomori Nozomi from Forest looks like Shizune.
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/ ... 054113.jpg

Can't find a larger one tho.
Wow, she really does. Even down to the cat-ears hairstyle. (Although her eyes sorta look like Lilly's. Maybe she's their lovechild?)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by ParagonTerminus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:20 am

brythain wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
Closest to canonical image of that scar: HERE
I tried to be nice!

Unlike Hanako, Hester can only really pull off her scars part of the time. Though honestly, I'd attribute that to her constant anger than anything.

Still my second waifu.

@Coffee: It was brilliant. I know it was written for kids, but it still appealed to me, mainly because of the writing, but also because of Shrike. Shrike is one of my favourite characters of all time, especially because of the ending of A Darkling Plain.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by CoffeeDrive » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:41 am

ParagonTerminus wrote:
brythain wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
Closest to canonical image of that scar: HERE
I tried to be nice!

Unlike Hanako, Hester can only really pull off her scars part of the time. Though honestly, I'd attribute that to her constant anger than anything.

Still my second waifu.

@Coffee: It was brilliant. I know it was written for kids, but it still appealed to me, mainly because of the writing, but also because of Shrike. Shrike is one of my favourite characters of all time, especially because of the ending of A Darkling Plain.
Indeed, shrike's story from fever crumb is actually really good aswell, I didnt even realise there was a fever crumb sequel until about 30 minutes ago, i might go buy it.

Also, hester has some of the most adorable scenes in the books, the first time Tom and Hester visit a static is one of my personal favourites.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
ParagonTerminus
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: A nuclear wasteland

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by ParagonTerminus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 pm

CoffeeDrive wrote: Indeed, shrike's story from fever crumb is actually really good aswell, I didnt even realise there was a fever crumb sequel until about 30 minutes ago, i might go buy it.

Also, hester has some of the most adorable scenes in the books, the first time Tom and Hester visit a static is one of my personal favourites.
Your hnnghs have been authorized. I mean, damn.

On the same subject, though, Hisao x Tom. Yes, there is an age difference, but they're both hopelessly bumbling fools when it comes to girls. And yet they still get the scarred chick. And, of course, the likeness is similar. And, (PREDATOR's GOLD SPOILERS!) Tom gets a weakened heart from getting shot.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.

User avatar
Khalego
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by Khalego » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello there, little Emi:

Image
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."

User avatar
ogorhan
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:09 pm
Location: World of Kancolle

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by ogorhan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Khalego wrote:Hello there, little Emi:

[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxOSfWiIEAA5fSZ.jpg
:shock: looks exactly like her.
Last edited by Silentcook on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.

User avatar
Khalego
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by Khalego » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 pm

I thought it was some pre-finalized version of her before I took a closer look...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."

User avatar
Charmant
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by Charmant » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Not quiiiite a look-alike but this could pass for real-world Emi with a dye job and some contacts. ...Just ignore the gun she probably got from Akira.

Image

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by Comrade » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Where can i get that magazine?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by CoffeeDrive » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Comrade wrote:Where can i get that magazine?
Same i need it for ahem scientific purposes.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by Comrade » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:40 am

I just need it for a friend
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

Post Reply