KS lookalikes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ParagonTerminus

Re: KS lookalikes

Post by ParagonTerminus »

While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote:CUTENESS
Hey look, dancing emi.
More Chuunibyou? Coffee....I think I love you.

As for KS lookalikes....I'm sure it's been said already, but Maka from Soul Eater bears resemblance to Emi. Kenzo Tenma from Monster also reminds me of Mutou. Ahhh, Monster. 10/10, though....don't know if I'd watch again. Sooo long.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

She has a terrible childhood scar across a large portion of her face, has crippling self-doubt because of it, and hates social interaction and became antisocial, basically befriending a cyborg zombie and only said cyborg zombie.

Be warned, by the way, that the image above is the prettiest I could find. She can pull off her scar well there, but beware of googling her.
Closest to canonical image of that scar: HERE
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:While not a direct lookalike, Hester Shaw of Mortal Engines has some similarities to Hanako in past and behaviour:

Favourite series of books since I was a kid. I read the entire of predators gold in half a day and then started infernal devices immedietly.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Blanc wrote:Amenomori Nozomi from Forest looks like Shizune.
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/ ... 054113.jpg

Can't find a larger one tho.
Wow, she really does. Even down to the cat-ears hairstyle. (Although her eyes sorta look like Lilly's. Maybe she's their lovechild?)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
ParagonTerminus

brythain wrote:

I tried to be nice!

Unlike Hanako, Hester can only really pull off her scars part of the time. Though honestly, I'd attribute that to her constant anger than anything.

Still my second waifu.

@Coffee: It was brilliant. I know it was written for kids, but it still appealed to me, mainly because of the writing, but also because of Shrike. Shrike is one of my favourite characters of all time, especially because of the ending of A Darkling Plain.

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
brythain wrote:

I tried to be nice!

Unlike Hanako, Hester can only really pull off her scars part of the time. Though honestly, I'd attribute that to her constant anger than anything.

Still my second waifu.

@Coffee: It was brilliant. I know it was written for kids, but it still appealed to me, mainly because of the writing, but also because of Shrike. Shrike is one of my favourite characters of all time, especially because of the ending of A Darkling Plain.
Indeed, shrike's story from fever crumb is actually really good aswell, I didnt even realise there was a fever crumb sequel until about 30 minutes ago, i might go buy it.

Also, hester has some of the most adorable scenes in the books, the first time Tom and Hester visit a static is one of my personal favourites.

ParagonTerminus

CoffeeDrive wrote: Indeed, shrike's story from fever crumb is actually really good aswell, I didnt even realise there was a fever crumb sequel until about 30 minutes ago, i might go buy it.

Also, hester has some of the most adorable scenes in the books, the first time Tom and Hester visit a static is one of my personal favourites.
Your hnnghs have been authorized. I mean, damn.

On the same subject, though, Hisao x Tom. Yes, there is an age difference, but they're both hopelessly bumbling fools when it comes to girls. And yet they still get the scarred chick. And, of course, the likeness is similar. And, (PREDATOR's GOLD SPOILERS!) Tom gets a weakened heart from getting shot.

Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Hello there, little Emi:

Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Khalego wrote:Hello there, little Emi:

[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxOSfWiIEAA5fSZ.jpg
:shock: looks exactly like her.
Last edited by Silentcook on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

I thought it was some pre-finalized version of her before I took a closer look...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Not quiiiite a look-alike but this could pass for real-world Emi with a dye job and some contacts. ...Just ignore the gun she probably got from Akira.

Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Where can i get that magazine?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Comrade wrote:Where can i get that magazine?
Same i need it for ahem scientific purposes.

Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I just need it for a friend
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014