Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Bara »

Csihar wrote:
Nicol Armarfi wrote:
But yeah reading sheet music is a bitch to learn no matter what so I don't blame him :V
: |
Well, it is kind of like learning a second (if relatively simple) language. Not brain-meltingly difficult, but it does take a fair amount of studiousness to first pick up, which for some people (like myself) is a quality that's in short supply.

That said, it's probably better to just buckle down and learn it if you're even slightly serious about music, rather than having to rely on software/tabs/etc. to get by.
I wouldn't call it anywhere near as difficult as learning another language. While memorizing is fine; frankly, without even a basic understanding of reading sheet music you are limited to using mechanical devices or personal instruction. The ability to read sheet music gives you access to so much more music without being dependent on others.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Since I hate Concord I decided to make a superior version of it, you can get it here: Concord. It takes a bit of a trained ear to recognize the traces of the original in it, but I think even in it's own right it's a much superior track.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

the last few parts are Kenji- like. Or is it just me...?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:Concord Jazz
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:I think even in it's own right it's a much superior track.
Yes, much superior. And I loves me some jazz piano.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Whoa! I love it. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Smoku wrote:the last few parts are Kenji- like. Or is it just me...?
That was indeed the intention; to contrast a slow, swelling jazz ballade with... Kenji.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

In spite of the somewhat interesting licks here and there, I prefer the original.

Anywho. Forgot about this thread until the similar one was necroed. Back now. As an apology, I'll record another piece for ya guys by Sunday. Maybe Shadow of the Truth? Haven't even figured out how that one goes yet, but I think I can get it.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Shadow of the Truth is fairly simple in all aspects, so I have total confidence that you'll be able to pull it off without a hitch. Can't wait to hear it :)

Also, Romance in Andante: RiA
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:That was indeed the intention; to contrast a slow, swelling jazz ballade with... Kenji.
Interesting. Pretty nice effect. I wouldn't throw it a Lilly theme now (My brain first wanted to analise this as a Lilly upgrade, which is wrong). But it's really nice to listen. RiA is very nice too.
I'm a total nobody when it comes to music, I just listen to stuff that somewhat sound good to me.
I believe these land on my mp 3 player.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Throwing a little original composition in here for the sake of it: When it's Hard to Smile. Probably the happiest thing I've ever written, saddly.

And with that, I move back on to doing other shit, enjoy :).
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:Shadow of the Truth is fairly simple in all aspects, so I have total confidence that you'll be able to pull it off without a hitch. Can't wait to hear it :)
Thanks for the confidence, but I don't have your fancy digital music things, so I'm talking about a live recording like with Lullaby of Open Eyes, which means I need to actually learn the piece in addition to figuring out a pure-piano version. And my parents decided to invite a bunch of people for a party today so I won't be able to start until tomorrow after all. D:

EDIT: This reminds me I was supposed to upload my rerecording of Lullaby of Open Eyes. The one where I'm not holding back a sneeze the whole time. At least that one's already rerecorded, just not uploaded, so I'll do that tonight.

Post by Guest »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:Shadow of the Truth is fairly simple in all aspects, so I have total confidence that you'll be able to pull it off without a hitch. Can't wait to hear it :)

Also, Romance in Andante: RiA
More like Romance in Allegro now hmm? :/ I like it though.
alexanderex

Post by alexanderex »

Sorry to bother, but i'm kinda new, so yeah...

Can anyone like, post guitar tabs for 'Daylight'?

Would appreciate it lots if someone could do something like that, thanks.
Zuzana2010

Post by Zuzana2010 »

So yes, Nicol, I see you are still in the Music of the Credits page. It would be nice if the jukebox had credit, though. When you click on a song and Now Playing appears on top, he could say" Now Playing: <Song> - <Artist> . I'll post in the comment thread if developers do not see it here, but it is likely they will. Anyway, your name is now on PDF on my computer, so I'll update this post if I decide to give body to his left hand, otherwise I'll just add your name and call it a day until inspiration strikes.

Father Of The Bride Speech

Golf Lessons Online
Last edited by Zuzana2010 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.