Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PianoAnon

Piano Sheet Music?

Post by PianoAnon »

Not sure which board this should go in but if you feel it's misplaced feel free to move it.

So I love the music of this game, and wanted to know if there were piano sheets to any of the songs in the game, considering how much of it is solely piano.
I'd just love to learn some of it myself.
EternalLurker

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by EternalLurker »

Waiting on the devs' verification of the legality of independently created sheets made solely by ear. If they give the okay I can probably play around with the pieces in my free time and type up some sheets.
PianoAnon

Post by PianoAnon »

That would be wonderful!
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

I have actually been planning on making a piano arrangement album for some time now, but have been putting it off in lieu of other shit. I can easily write up the music for the tracks I wrote for the game, but for anything by blue or any guest contributers, you'll have to either ask them or write out the sheets yourself. I'll update the this post with sheets as I finish them.

-------------------------------------
Afternoon: Sheet music/MP3
Parity: Sheet music/MP3
Painful History: Sheet music/MP3
Daylight: Sheet music/MP3
Stride: Sheet music/MP3
Nocturne: Sheet music/MP3
Moment of Decision: Sheet music/MP3
Air: Sheet music/MP3
Concord: Sheet music/MP3
Romance in Andante: Sheet music/MP3
When it's Hard to Smile: Sheet music/MP3 Bonus track
Last edited by Nicol Armarfi on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
PianoAnon

Post by PianoAnon »

Ah, thank you very much!
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Painful History

The topic also has a link to a Nico Nico Douga video of a guy playing it, too (not EvilDragon's transcription per se, just the song).
静音是买外夫
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:write out the sheets yourself
I take it that means we're allowed. Okay. Anyone know of any good programs for me to use to do so? I've played some KS pieces on the piano by ear when bored, so if I get one I can probably write up some decent sheets for everyone. (I've played Lullaby of Open Eyes, Moment of Decision, Afternoon -- though the one the composer just made is likely better than anything I could ever do for obvious reasons -- and Painful History -- though I skimmed EvilDragon's and his seems right. I can probably do Shadow of the Truth, Stride, and Concord, though they most likely won't sound perfect with just the piano.)

I s'pose I could make MIDI versions and then convert those to sheet music, as I've found some programs which do that...but then I still need to make a MIDI version. >_> Haven't done that before. Shall look into it.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I think you guys mean tabs.

Anyway, if memory serves correctly. I remember one of the devs mention that they made the music in FL Studio. So get the whole song may prove to be a bit difficult.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Snicket wrote:I think you guys mean tabs.
...We don't mean tabs. We know what we're saying. We mean piano sheet music.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

ok my bad, I've always refereed them as tabs.

Also there is a few programs out there that can document your sheet music for when you wright music.

As soon as find then again i'll give you a link. Though they only work if you have an adapter for your keyboard or whatever instrument your playing. That plugs into your computer.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I've got a MIDI input now. With the trial version of easy beat I should be able to get some sheet music typed out, albeit at a horrendously slow rate, when I have free time. Hopefully I'll have some tomorrow, so expect Lullaby of Open Eyes by the end of the year, EST. easy beat doesn't allow time signature changes in the middle of the piece, and LoOE has one measure in a different time signature IIRC, so I'll just have to state the part where it changes.

Also add Wiosna to the list of pieces I'll (eventually) do. Forgot that one's pretty much all piano 'cept the little dissonant "twangs" that I can probably mimic.

EDIT: Oh, forgot something. I refuse to post anything here until PianoAnon makes an account. >_>

DOUBLE EDIT: Forgot Raindrops and Puddles and Romance in Andante are piano too.
Goude

Post by Goude »

EternalLurker wrote:I've got a MIDI input now. With the trial version of easy beat I should be able to get some sheet music typed out, albeit at a horrendously slow rate, when I have free time. Hopefully I'll have some tomorrow, so expect Lullaby of Open Eyes by the end of the year, EST. easy beat doesn't allow time signature changes in the middle of the piece, and LoOE has one measure in a different time signature IIRC, so I'll just have to state the part where it changes.

Also add Wiosna to the list of pieces I'll (eventually) do. Forgot that one's pretty much all piano 'cept the little dissonant "twangs" that I can probably mimic.

EDIT: Oh, forgot something. I refuse to post anything here until PianoAnon makes an account. >_>

DOUBLE EDIT: Forgot Raindrops and Puddles and Romance in Andante are piano too.
Oh fiddlesticks, very well then, if that is what it takes. Account made.

Edit: Oh right I forgot to mention that I am PianoAnon
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Recently they've started to make Finale NotePad shareware, so after version 2009 (or 2008, I forget) you have to pay, but if you google around you can probably still find the older versions for free. Notepad also isn't fully functional, and lacks a few important features. The most fully functional free notation program I can think of is MuseScore, although it was originally written for linux, so I'm not sure how well the Windows version works (or if there even is one for OS X), but it might be worth your time to check out if you can't get your hands on one of the more functional versions of Finale.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Gracias. This MuseScore is win. Clunky, but win. I've probably just halved the speed at which I'll be outputting these, but they'll look nicer. >_>
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Finished an arrangement of Parity (http://nicol.chendo.net/music/KS%20Piano/Parity/), added to my original post.

As you might have guessed from listening to it, the rhythm is a little tricky. It's probably easier to play, in the left hand, straight quarter notes instead of the original rhythm, although if you're more experienced with jazz music and are able to play rhythms like this, it shouldn't be too difficult.

EDIT: Also finished arrangement of Painful History, not much to say about that one, though (http://nicol.chendo.net/music/KS%20Pian ... 20History/).
EDIT2: Got Daylight down, but it's a pretty poor arrangement. It's perfectly playable, but there is a lot of difficult voicing that could've been avoided (http://nicol.chendo.net/music/KS%20Piano/Daylight/).
Last edited by Nicol Armarfi on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.