Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Guest »

It's been quite some time since I went through this thread and even longer since I went through Katawa Shoujo...it had changed me so much, but then I started to forget about it and the positive effect it had on my life...as I was catching up in this thread, for one, you guys are monsters at pumping out sheet music, but I'm also impressed by the teamwork...by the dedication and motivation to even create your own pieces derived from the emotions of the original pieces...actually, impressed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel...my skills with the piano are quite lacking right now...I enlisted in the Army recently and have a new life set out for me, but I have promised myself that I will learn piano...and when I go through all the music that has been created here, I will be reminded of all my emotions from Katawa Shoujo...from the beautiful and emotional music that comes with it...so thank you to everyone who has provided sheet music, or has made a cover, or has created new pieces (or the originals) or even the people motivating the others with greater skill...when I get good enough, I will perform all of these pieces, one after another, so I can share them with you...it may not be for another five years...maybe even ten...but it's my best attempt to try and repay you for the outstanding work you've done...I really can't thank you enough...
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Well good luck with that dude, I look forward to listening to your covers! :)
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

saffysparkles wrote:would anyone be interested in an either solo artist or collaborative soundtrack album where proceeds go to a disability-related charity?
I can possibly help with this
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Guest wrote:Nicol, I saw your video of the new piano version of moment of decision on youtube

loved it and wondered if you were going to put the sheet music here or update the act 1 sheet music list that has already been posted

thanks
I was just goofing around with that, it was totally improvised so there is no sheet music for it, sorry.
Glitch2005

Post by Glitch2005 »

Hey Guys, I'm thinking of making a transposed version of Innocence for a choir to sing, but the one thing I need I haven't been able to find... What I was thinking of doing was having the choir sing along the notes that the stringed instruments use, but I haven't been able to find a score with that on it... I've only been able to find piano. If you guys could help me out, either pointing me to the right location for the score, or making one for me... I would really appreciate it.

PS: If/When I get the cover done, I'll make sure I somehow get a recording of it and submit the link to YouTube on here
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Glitch2005 wrote:Hey Guys, I'm thinking of making a transposed version of Innocence for a choir to sing, but the one thing I need I haven't been able to find... What I was thinking of doing was having the choir sing along the notes that the stringed instruments use, but I haven't been able to find a score with that on it... I've only been able to find piano. If you guys could help me out, either pointing me to the right location for the score, or making one for me... I would really appreciate it.

PS: If/When I get the cover done, I'll make sure I somehow get a recording of it and submit the link to YouTube on here
I uploaded the original score for someone else quite a while ago. Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57956891/Innocence.pdf
Glitch2005

Post by Glitch2005 »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:I uploaded the original score for someone else quite a while ago. Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57956891/Innocence.pdf
Thanks! I guess I just overlooked it in my search... Wish me luck!
notop

Post by notop »

I... I... I started at the beginning on the thread, and tried downloading as I came across, then I saw the massive list of all the PDFs, but I had some that weren't on there, and I... I don't even... My head is about to explode with all of the files I now have in several folders in my music section...

OH THE HORROR!!!

...ehm... Regardless of whatever shambles my mental state is right now, I must extend the most sincere gratitude to those of you who have made this thread what it is. I would have never been able to transcribe any of this, as I'm only a humble percussionist. I'm going to force what I know from keyboard instruments on to a piano and learn all of this. I will.

Also, one more thanks to you, NicolArmarfi. The music was amazing, and it's all I've been listening to since I downloaded it almost a week ago. It was amazing. If you ever do any other games, I want to know about them.
Thank you all again.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Meh. Cover of Jittebug (Hanakos Act 2 Theme) I did on the violin.

Decided to test out my new Sterling Audio st51 Mic on this.
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Is there any chance someone could transcribe The Student Council for piano? I wouldn't mind trying to learn that soon(ish). :D
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

StepmaniaFreak wrote:Is there any chance someone could transcribe The Student Council for piano? I wouldn't mind trying to learn that soon(ish). :D
I have been meaning to, but... I've been so busy lately -.- I'm only comfortable doing transcription work in large blocks of uninterrupted time, which I have basically had none of in the past few weeks. And next week is going to be even busier, since I will be moving.

But it will get done eventually! As well as an extended version of Teatime, Fast Forward. It will happen, damnit! But probably not until next week at the very earliest.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Don't Forget guys, that All Music Transcribed to Piano can be Played by any Concert Pitch Instrument.

BUT you guys already knew that.

I am Willing To Transcribe into Instruments pitched at B Flat, E Flat, and F. (Trumpet/Clarinet, Alto Sax, and French Horn!)
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Off topic instrument. But is it possible to play "Ah Eh I Oh You" on any other instrument? I think it sounds like an Alto sax, I might be wrong.
I can't transcribe anything. XD.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Eclipse wrote:Off topic instrument. But is it possible to play "Ah Eh I Oh You" on any other instrument? I think it sounds like an Alto sax, I might be wrong.
Sure, of course you could; why wouldn't you? It's not very melodic, though... without the bass part playing, I don't think it would be especially recognizable.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Eclipse wrote:Off topic instrument. But is it possible to play "Ah Eh I Oh You" on any other instrument? I think it sounds like an Alto sax, I might be wrong.
Yeah, it is. I can play it on the violin and i do have a midi file of the orignal beta file that Overcoat has on this YouTube page.

I want to say it's in the key of G Major or C Major, two very common keys so yeah, it's possible to do it on different insturments. Or hell, transpose it to your insturment home key.