Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm »

mprasil wrote:
Who the hell cares about them? Post that shit up on 'tube! It'd be pretty cool to hear it! I've already posted Wiosna, and I'll probably do the same for Andante, and eventually Painful History (I'll learn that one last).
True. I really need to stop gettin' in my feelings about what folks think and shit and fuck 'em if they do say shit. I might try to master about at least 90% of Painful HIstory in A Minor and upload my cover on YouTube in a few weeks.

Did a cover of Breathleslly on the violin a few days ago. Ignore the title, I was just dicking around. This was actually just me sight reading the song while doing some improv. Personally, I think I did a rather good job, just that i need to work on a few spots here and there and work on timing and getting the correct pitch.

EvilDragon wrote:I'd definitely welcome piano+violin arrangements on Youtube!

I don't mind either. Like, if somebody wanna do a collab, I'm down, just let me get an preamp like an M-Box or Protools, some mics, and that is really it. Plus, we need somebody who know how to master tracks in a DAW. Kinda like what these guys with Cowboy Bebop's The Real Folk Blues.

Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

guest2 wrote:Hey what style would you all categorize Nocturne, Cloudland Swing, and Red Velvet as? Trying to find a station that has the same kind of sound. (Assuming Red Velvet is jazz, the sub-type.)
Red Velvet is the jazziest, but they were all intended to be jazz-y.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
guest2 wrote:Hey what style would you all categorize Nocturne, Cloudland Swing, and Red Velvet as? Trying to find a station that has the same kind of sound. (Assuming Red Velvet is jazz, the sub-type.)
Red Velvet is the jazziest, but they were all intended to be jazz-y.
Any particular sub-genres? The only jazzes I'm familiar with are smooth jazz and "real" jazz (the old, crazy, upbeat one), and they don't seem to fall into either of those categories.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

Opal wrote:I really would like sheet music for the final version of Parity
I'm also looking for the Final Vesion of Parity. (Piano)

I've been reading this thread but couldn't find it so far. Does anyone currently work on this or is there alrady a finished version somewhere else?
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Snow_Storm wrote:True. I really need to stop gettin' in my feelings about what folks think and shit and fuck 'em if they do say shit. I might try to master about at least 90% of Painful HIstory in A Minor and upload my cover on YouTube in a few weeks.

Did a cover of Breathleslly on the violin a few days ago. Ignore the title, I was just dicking around. This was actually just me sight reading the song while doing some improv. Personally, I think I did a rather good job, just that i need to work on a few spots here and there and work on timing and getting the correct pitch.
Just checked it out, not too bad! Considering you were just sightreading. Can't wait to hear PH.

Ahhhh okay, I guess I could make sheets for that. What songs?
Elrood wrote:I'm also looking for the Final Vesion of Parity. (Piano)

I've been reading this thread but couldn't find it so far. Does anyone currently work on this or is there alrady a finished version somewhere else?
I could make sheets for Parity, no problem. Mind you, it doesn't sound easy to play. It sounds like there are two voices in the right hand.
-My real name is actually Misha.
kedash

Post by kedash »

mprasil wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:True. I really need to stop gettin' in my feelings about what folks think and shit and fuck 'em if they do say shit. I might try to master about at least 90% of Painful HIstory in A Minor and upload my cover on YouTube in a few weeks.

Just checked it out, not too bad! Considering you were just sightreading. Can't wait to hear PH.

Ahhhh okay, I guess I could make sheets for that. What songs?
Elrood wrote:I'm also looking for the Final Vesion of Parity. (Piano)

I could make sheets for Parity, no problem. Mind you, it doesn't sound easy to play. It sounds like there are two voices in the right hand.
And perhaps Cloudland Swing, maybe?
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

kedash wrote:And perhaps Cloudland Swing, maybe?
Is that the one from Rin's cinematic? If so, yeah. That one sounds really easy.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

mprasil wrote:I could make sheets for Parity, no problem. Mind you, it doesn't sound easy to play. It sounds like there are two voices in the right hand.
That would be great! Yeah I know it really doesn't sound easy but for now that's my piano-goal. I'll start of with much more easier songs until I finally tackle on Parity. And yes I just started learning piano (with my uncle), something that is long overdue, but better late than never.
kedash

Post by kedash »

mprasil wrote:
kedash wrote:And perhaps Cloudland Swing, maybe?
Is that the one from Rin's cinematic? If so, yeah. That one sounds really easy.
Yes! I've been asking for weeks now, you are my absolute hero!
guest2

Post by guest2 »

This thread appears to suffer a distinct lack of Three Stars sheets....
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57956891/parity.pdf
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Snow_Storm wrote:
I don't mind either. Like, if somebody wanna do a collab, I'm down, just let me get an preamp like an M-Box or Protools, some mics, and that is really it. Plus, we need somebody who know how to master tracks in a DAW. Kinda like what these guys with Cowboy Bebop's The Real Folk Blues.

No need for ProTools, try Reaper out. I use it regularly and it's amazingly compact and fast.

Mastering is... well, something you usually pay thousands of dollars. So don't be burdened by that. Getting the mix to sound right is the most important thing. Mastering is just make-up in the end when all the tracks are recorded. It's in a lot of cases completely unnecessary for amateur, hobbyist, and semi-pro recordings.

I could try mixing whatever comes my way and when I get some time. Send me FLACs (48k, 16-bit is fine) and I'll see what can be done. Here's one unfinished mix of mine for reference:

When Heaven Meets The Earth

A lot of people told me that it sounds pretty much finished. Well, in my mind, it is not :) It needs some more instruments to be recorded, like fretless bass and solo violin, and vocals, and also needs an actual acoustic guitar to be recorded. Sampled guitars are mostly still ways off - I used MusicLab RealGuitar (or FakeGuitar as I call it) here, but since then I got my hands on much better Orange Tree Samples stuff, so I need to try to swap the RG track with OTS Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel, sometime.

Some other older stuff of mine:

Distortions Of Mind (tons of Jarre influences here)
Dream Of A Warrior (needs better strings)
Soothing Dream (needs more rubato, perhaps some twinkly stuff in the background like chimes, harp, etc.)
Dire Night (my worst mix ever I guess :D)
DeTrun

Post by DeTrun »

Animenz wrote: Since the Soundtrack was released, I thought I could make more sheets for all the piano players here. So here they are, I'm planning to do transcribe every (piano) track of the Soundtrack. I've made four sheets so far. Enjoy!

Also, I'm planning to upload a video on youtube, playing the entire Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack, as soon as all sheets are transcribed.
Happy playing! :D
Oh. This is too good. Can't wait! Thanks for the sheets!
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Here ya go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57956891/parity.pdf
Great! I can't wait to finally play my favorite song! Thank you!

Oh yeah, I also thank you mprasil since you wanted to do it too^^
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

kedash wrote:Yes! I've been asking for weeks now, you are my absolute hero!
Haha no problem. Just REALLY listened to it for the first time. Now I see why you want the sheets for it!! The timing kind of sounds all over the place. Nothing I can't handle, though!
Elrood wrote:Oh yeah, I also thank you mprasil since you wanted to do it too^^
Ahah, well that's a load off! No problem. Although I would have probably transcribed it with the bass rhythm in the left hand, those sheets are probably more suitable for a beginner! Happy playing!