Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Just wondering, are there any KS music remixes on OC ReMix yet or is OCR so anal they don't allow visual novel music remixes?

Anyway, I'm gonna try the Romance in Adante II arrangement on the violin.

Guest3353

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Guest3353 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:08 pm

^Not yet. Though their approved song backlog is so long, it may take years for them to publish a KS remix should one ever be approved for publication.

User avatar
Nicol Armarfi
Musician
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Nicol Armarfi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:Just wondering, are there any KS music remixes on OC ReMix yet or is OCR so anal they don't allow visual novel music remixes?
Yeah, OCR doesn't accept visual novel music as far as I can remember. I personally agree with them on that one, though.

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Just wondering, are there any KS music remixes on OC ReMix yet or is OCR so anal they don't allow visual novel music remixes?
Yeah, OCR doesn't accept visual novel music as far as I can remember. I personally agree with them on that one, though.
It make sense since Visual Novels aren't (real) video games. I'm neutral/meh on 'em not allowing VN music.

Anyway, to the lass who did the Adante in Romance II arrangement (and anyone who cares): It is possible to play on the violin and I've tried it myself. However, there are some parts on the song that is just impossible to play on violin (that or I just suck at the moment)

User avatar
mprasil
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by mprasil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:Anyway, to the lass who did the Adante in Romance II arrangement (and anyone who cares): It is possible to play on the violin and I've tried it myself. However, there are some parts on the song that is just impossible to play on violin (that or I just suck at the moment)
I can pretty much take a guess, but I must ask, which parts? And have you tried to simplify those parts so that you can play them?
-My real name is actually Misha.

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

mprasil wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Anyway, to the lass who did the Adante in Romance II arrangement (and anyone who cares): It is possible to play on the violin and I've tried it myself. However, there are some parts on the song that is just impossible to play on violin (that or I just suck at the moment)
I can pretty much take a guess, but I must ask, which parts? And have you tried to simplify those parts so that you can play them?
Bars 24 and 27 (?) only because of speed. If it was slowed down, I could do it in the Third and Forth Position fingering of the violin.

I would say the only way to simplily it is to sustain either the D flat or E flat for those measures. I'm gonna try to see what else I can come up with until the real harsher stuff comes around. I just sight reading the piece at the moment.

BTW it's a nice arrangement. Good job.

EDIT:

Just tried (failed) to play Painful History. It's not impossible on the violin but you best know the scale or you gonna give up fast like I did.

Your best bet is just to learn "Raindrops and Puddles" since it's basically Hanako's Theme in the key of C Major as somebody pointed it out on this thread earlier.

EDIT 2:

Is it me or does "Raindrops and Puddles" sound a little like "Epitaph" from Final Fantasy VI (FF3 in America)

User avatar
mprasil
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by mprasil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:Bars 24 and 27 (?) only because of speed. If it was slowed down, I could do it in the Third and Forth Position fingering of the violin.

I would say the only way to simplily it is to sustain either the D flat or E flat for those measures. I'm gonna try to see what else I can come up with until the real harsher stuff comes around. I just sight reading the piece at the moment.
Yeah, sustaining the D flat would be okay, but kinda boring and flat for such a long hold. Just slowly begin the trill and accelerate through it. You don't have to trill so fast. If anything that gives you time for a more comfortable fingering. BTW, a lot harder stuff is to come :P. Don't give up, though! It's pretty challenging on the piano here, too!
Snow_Storm wrote:Just tried (failed) to play Painful History. It's not impossible on the violin but you best know the scale or you gonna give up fast like I did.
Is that my Painful History? If it's the scale that's the problem, just ignore the key signature completely and play it in A minor, and whenever an accidental comes along, manually increase it 1 semitone up.
-My real name is actually Misha.

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 pm

mprasil wrote: Yeah, sustaining the D flat would be okay, but kinda boring and flat for such a long hold. Just slowly begin the trill and accelerate through it. You don't have to trill so fast. If anything that gives you time for a more comfortable fingering. BTW, a lot harder stuff is to come :P. Don't give up, though! It's pretty challenging on the piano here, too!
Snow_Storm wrote:Just tried (failed) to play Painful History. It's not impossible on the violin but you best know the scale or you gonna give up fast like I did.
Is that my Painful History? If it's the scale that's the problem, just ignore the key signature completely and play it in A minor, and whenever an accidental comes along, manually increase it 1 semitone up.
If this was a duet with a piano, I say the it would be okay for the D Flat to be sustained on the violin while teh piano does teh thrill.

And yeah, it's your version of Painful History! :P

Also, what's a semitone? My theory isn't that great.

User avatar
mprasil
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by mprasil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Snow_Storm wrote:
If this was a duet with a piano, I say the it would be okay for the D Flat to be sustained on the violin while teh piano does teh thrill.

And yeah, it's your version of Painful History! :P

Also, what's a semitone? My theory isn't that great.
Yeah, a duet would actually sound pretty legit! I'd transcribe it as a duet, but I'd never get the chance to play it with a violinist, and I dunno how many people out there actually would.

A semitone is literally a semi-tone. Half a note. So if you go up a semitone, you go from Ab to A. You go from C# to D. You go from B to C. Same way as if you go down a semitone, you go from F# to F, Ab to G, so on, so forth.
-My real name is actually Misha.

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 pm

^Ah okay. Gotcha.

Yeah, Painful History in the key of A Minor works pretty well. A tad different but it works.

Might do a cover on YouTube but I don't wanna explain to those with no music theory why I had to transpose it to A Minor instead of Ab Minor and have some fanboy be like "THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THE ORIGINAL BLAH BLAH BLAH".

User avatar
Snow_Storm
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Snow_Storm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 pm

^Ah okay. Gotcha.

Yeah, Painful History in the key of A Minor works pretty well. A tad different but it works.

Might do a cover on YouTube but I don't wanna explain to those with no music theory why I had to transpose it to A Minor instead of Ab Minor and have some fanboy be like "THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THE ORIGINAL BLAH BLAH BLAH".

User avatar
mprasil
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by mprasil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:01 am

Snow_Storm wrote:
Might do a cover on YouTube but I don't wanna explain to those with no music theory why I had to transpose it to A Minor instead of Ab Minor and have some fanboy be like "THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THE ORIGINAL BLAH BLAH BLAH".
Who the hell cares about them? Post that shit up on 'tube! It'd be pretty cool to hear it! I've already posted Wiosna, and I'll probably do the same for Andante, and eventually Painful History (I'll learn that one last).
-My real name is actually Misha.

Mywze

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Mywze » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 am

I am extremely pleased in hearing your plans for a piano arrange album and ecstatic about you releasing sheet music. I thought this would never happen :D . On a side note I wanted to complement you on your compositions, you and Blue did a marvelous job on this project. I was really impressed by the quality and quantity of the compositions featured in this VN and in comparison to other VNs I've played this has by far one of the best soundtracks I've heard. Keep up the good work, I look forward to hearing this piano arrange album and any future compositions you may release.

~and I'm absolutely delighted to see the cinematic BGM's included in the Enigmatic Box of Sound :mrgreen:

User avatar
EvilDragon
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by EvilDragon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 am

I'd definitely welcome piano+violin arrangements on Youtube!

User avatar
guest2
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by guest2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:35 am

Hey what style would you all categorize Nocturne, Cloudland Swing, and Red Velvet as? Trying to find a station that has the same kind of sound. (Assuming Red Velvet is jazz, the sub-type.)
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper

Post Reply