Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Terrato

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Terrato »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Terrato wrote:Well, i realize that this thread has been necro'd but i feel it a waste to start up a new thread when one already exists. I just wanted to point out that much of the music has changed since demo. By any chance would someone be able to transcribe Painful History "new" version. That and maybe Moment of Decision. I've been having a hard time doing so myself seeing as Painful History seems to be played via a piano which i cannot match neither with my Korg nor Fruity Loops. Unless ofc one of the Dev's can tell me what he used for the piano. I thought maybe someone else would be able to help me seeing as i only have the first 3 bars transcribed D:
I used the Steinway samples that come with the Garritan Personal Orchestra for Finale.
thanks, i'll give this a shot
DoctorJames

Post by DoctorJames »

Say, Nicol, I'd just like to thank you for transcribing these songs.
They're all great, and very well done.
Really appreciate it!

OH, and you should totally make a transcription of Student Council. It's my favorite.

Thanks again!
Valneron

Post by Valneron »

Seems like the appropriate place to ask currently.

What is the name of the song from Lilly's cut scene if I may ask?
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Valneron wrote:Seems like the appropriate place to ask currently.

unfortunately i don't believe these songs are in the jukebox so i don't know, guess this is a question for 4LS
Valneron

Post by Valneron »

Terrato wrote:
Valneron wrote:Seems like the appropriate place to ask currently.

unfortunately i don't believe these songs are in the jukebox so i don't know, guess this is a question for 4LS
I do hope one may respond, I've been wondering it since I saw the cutscene
Nivrin

Post by Nivrin »

Never understood why people hate necro'd threads. So what? Mods can delete it if it's a problem. It's a relevant subject now more people have played the game and listened to the FANTASTIC SCORE. HOLY SHIT SO GOOD.

Ehm...

yes.

Nicol, are you still taking requests and/or questions?
The sky changes every day but it always stays the same. Humans don't have that luxury.

Haphazardly butchered together from the immortal words of Rin.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Nivrin wrote:Nicol, are you still taking requests and/or questions?
Requests, probably not. Questions are always ok.
Nivrin

Post by Nivrin »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Nivrin wrote:Nicol, are you still taking requests and/or questions?
Requests, probably not. Questions are always ok.
I'll hold off on the big questions until after this week, after all the blog posts. My questions might be answered in the coming days.

Are you or any of the 4LS staff thinking about an OST? The music in KS is so fantastic I think it would be a great shame if there wasn't one.

Did you do all of the music or was it a collaborative effort?
The sky changes every day but it always stays the same. Humans don't have that luxury.

PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Hey, Nicol.
Sorry to bother you, but do you have the guitar sheet for the new "raindrops and puddles"?
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Nivrin: An OST release is most likely going to happen, but I couldn't tell you when. Also overall there are 46 tracks in the OST, including Juno's music from the two trailers; Blue123 wrote 5 original compositions and helped clean up several of mine, a fellow named Overcoat from OCRemix wrote the track Ah Eh I Oh You, and the music box track is just a quick rearrangement of a piece by Bach. I wrote the remaining 37 tracks.

PasterOfMuppets: I don't typically make my sheet music very helpful because I'm the only one who sees it. I could send you what I have but it might be a bit messy and unhelpful. The notes are all there, but that's about it.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I guess if the basic "stuff" is there I could try and attempt to figure it out :'D
It will also help expand my music knowledge very much :D
Thank you.

Cheers, from the other end of Canuk'stan.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Nivrin

Post by Nivrin »

I found a bunch of your sheet music (all my favorites except Raindrops and Puddles are covered, yay?) by doing some forum time traveling.

The piano sheets you have will sound alright on a guitar right? I can read music (tabs are evil) so no problem for me. I only mean the ones that are actually played with guitar in game like Air Guitar, and Afternoon.
If you're taking requests... can I request "The Student Council"? I know it's heavy on both guitar and piano... so could I get separate ones for both parts? If it's not a hassle for you of course.

Again, just the basic stuff if you have them. I've been playing music for a while so I'm sure I could figure it out.

Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Here ya go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o67tg

The .zip includes the guitar part for Raindrops and Puddles as well as an easy piano arrangement I made for someone a few weeks ago. Again I'm not too sure how helpful this will be to you, but that's all I have.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I hate to swamp with requests, but there is one song that I think other pianists and myself really want to see some sheet music to. Friendship. That song is just beautiful, and I would love to learn it on piano to pass on its beauty.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

I would love to wait for the cinematic's piano mp3 - in my opinion they define the characters better than individual leitmotifs.

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton