Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Soup4Thought

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Soup4Thought »

Words do not describe how grateful I am for this, good sir. I am indebted to you.

Creating the melody-less accompaniment would be fantastic, but I feel bad as I don't think I can do anything in return. D:
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Mirrormn wrote: NicolArmarfi posted a score for Red Velvet that is, indeed, a half step lower than the OST version of the song. Why it is that way, I do not know. My piano transcription corrects this. Unfortunately, my piano transcription combines the melody with a lot of other chordal and ornamental notes in the right-hand part, so it's difficult to read the melody straight off of that sheet. To make it easier for you, I've extracted the melody to create parts specifically for tenor sax and violin:

Red Velvet: Sax - [url=

If there is interest, I can also re-transpose the original instrumentation score without the melody part in order to create a melody-less accompaniment that you can play along with.
THANK YOU BASED GO- MIRRORMN!

Also really lovin' the fakebook sheet feel to the sheetmusic you made.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Okay, so here's a video of me covering "Red Velvet" using the score Mirrorman used.

BTW, ignore the video title. I got that mixed up with another cover of mines and I was very sleepy at the time.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Not bad. Granted your playing needed some work, but whatever.

I could tell that mirromns (i think that's how you spell it) transposition is very good though. So thumbs up to you.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Sk3tch wrote:Not bad. Granted your playing needed some work, but whatever.

I could tell that mirromns (i think that's how you spell it) transposition is very good though. So thumbs up to you.
Although I like to think my transcriptions are pretty accurate in general, I can take no credit for the quality of the Red Velvet sheets I posted, since they are basically just copied and transposed from NicolArmarfi's original score.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

On the 18th measure of Moment of Decision, what does that symbol on the 2nd note of the right hand mean?

It looks like an eighth note with a line through it.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Sk3tch wrote:On the 18th measure of Moment of Decision, what does that symbol on the 2nd note of the right hand mean?

Think of it as a grace note, its called an acciaccatura---something like that. So play it quickly and keep it in time, it should come just before you need to play the note that comes after
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Lolzster wrote: Think of it as a grace note, its called an acciaccatura---something like that. So play it quickly and keep it in time, it should come just before you need to play the note that comes after
Technically, the term "grace note" refers to written representation, and the term "acciaccatura" (uh-chalk-uh-TOO-ruh) refers to the sound created when you play it. So you denote an acciaccatura using a grace note. Personally, I just use the term "grace note" to refer to both the visual and aural phenomena, and only use the word "acciaccatura" to be a know-it-all.

Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Found a Final Fantasy VI (III in the USA) soundfront.

Possible FF6 Katawa Shoujo midi remaster in the future maybe?
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Mirrormn wrote:
Lolzster wrote: Think of it as a grace note, its called an acciaccatura---something like that. So play it quickly and keep it in time, it should come just before you need to play the note that comes after
Technically, the term "grace note" refers to written representation, and the term "acciaccatura" (uh-chalk-uh-TOO-ruh) refers to the sound created when you play it. So you denote an acciaccatura using a grace note. Personally, I just use the term "grace note" to refer to both the visual and aural phenomena, and only use the word "acciaccatura" to be a know-it-all.
I am sorry to have insulted your intelligence although from what you say sounds very much like google/wiki :)

I never realised that though, I thought that the acciaccatura was just the actual technical name for it rather than the sound created.
Thanks for that :)
ImageImage

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Lolzster wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:On the 18th measure of Moment of Decision, what does that symbol on the 2nd note of the right hand mean?

Think of it as a grace note, its called an acciaccatura---something like that. So play it quickly and keep it in time, it should come just before you need to play the note that comes after
Ok, so it is a note i need to play? Not just denoting the next following note as Acciaccatura, am I getting this right?
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

yup you need to play it just before the next note comes in.
I find listening to the ost will give you a better idea of how the note should be played :)
ImageImage

Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Ok, thank you for the help.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Well, I've got a bit of a question. I have to preface this by saying that I know it sounds like a cliche, but I'm really being sincere - too many people say "I wish I knew how to play piano" but never put in the effort.

I am, actually, actively teaching myself to play. I've taught myself several easy tunes, but nothing terribly technical or fancy. I've got two problems at the moment, unfortunately - one, the keyboard with which I am teaching myself is neither full-size (it's not 88 keys that is, missing an octave and a half) nor does it have pressure-sensitive keys. That said, I'm at a bit of a wall until I can afford an electronic piano, hopefully next tax season. Two, I have some trouble reading sheet music. Working on it, but I'm still slow and terrible at it.

Okay, so having said THAT TOO, I'm curious if anyone could throw me a bit of advice on the music from KS. With the sheet music we've had provided so far in this thread, what would you say is the best piece (or few pieces) to start out with, for practice? Knowing my limitations, I won't be able to do much justice to a piece requiring a lot of emotion, so beyond simply learning the notes I can't really do much. Also, easier sheet music is a plus as I'm still learning... some of the stuff posted in here is extremely complicated-looking... =/

Any advice would be appreciated! I really, really love the music from this game and hopefully soon I can play along with some of the songs I listen to so much!
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Gandara wrote:With the sheet music we've had provided so far in this thread, what would you say is the best piece (or few pieces) to start out with, for practice?
I'd say the best piece to start out with is Comfort. Slow, simple rhythms, no chords, and it'll sound great even without pressure-sensitive keys since it's meant to be played on a music box.

After that, I would look at Three Stars, Teatime Fast Forward, and Wiosna.