Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Dubtrot

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Dr. Dubtrot »

Mirrormn wrote:The long-awaited, much-requested, OST-version of Moment of Decision is finished. Sorry it's been so long; I kept getting distracted by work, moving, laziness, etc. This will likely be my last transcription for the foreseeable future, since Diablo 3 will be released soon, and I am inevitably going to become hopelessly addicted to it. Thankfully, my last transcription turned out to be a good one! I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, especially the crescendo at 1:57 that integrates a bit of the strings into the left-hand piano part to give a very rich sound.

Moment of Decision: [PDF] - [MP3] - [MIDI]

It's been fun!
DUDE! NOT COOL, I JUST FINISHED REMAKING THIS T_T. S'okay though. At least now I can play this on piano. And you saved me from going and doing this myself. Anywho, if you're interested in how the remake turned out, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB9KSmKVFfs
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Thanks a ton for making this.

I found this game a few days ago and i am loving it. My current goal is to 100% this game. And today i was thinking about where i would find some sheet music. And BAM one short Google search after i find myself here. Thanks for all of the talent in the performances and transcribing. Please keep this up.

So thanks again, I love you all, and I am going to return to my Piano for more practice :D
ps. I made an account just to say this.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Wormy

Painful History

Post by Wormy »

Alright. I don't know if anyone cares, but I've noticed the current transcriptions (apologies if the creators specified they were arrangements) of Painful History have a lot of inaccuracies. (I'm glad someone corrected everyone about it being in Ab minor before I came to this thread; Good work guys.) I'm doing my best to transcribe it as accurately as possible.

This is what I've accomplished in a few minutes. The harmony in the fifth measure sounds a bit off because there is a tritone (augmented fourth) between the left-hand Fb and the right-hand Bb but I've listened to that section countless times and I'm almost certain it is correct. Maybe another time, with fresh eyes and ears, I can correct any mistakes.

<image removed>
painful history.png (115.53 KiB) Viewed 403 times

In addition, here is a simple midi if you want to listen to how that sheet music would be played exactly as written.

<link removed>

I'd love to work on it some more but I have to be up in an hour (I have an appointment with my psychiatrist; There's more than one major reason I loved Hanako and this song so much.) and I have yet to sleep. In addition to that I think I'm pretty good at music but I have trouble staying motivated and doing much of anything so I apologize if it takes me a long time to finish it if I ever do. I'll do my best.

I'll also try to transpose it to a simpler key for you whiny string players. I'm teasing, of course. I know how killer it is to read key signatures like this before you're used to playing them on a string instrument. I played cello for a musical and we had lots of crazy major flat keys and clef changes everywhere. Luckily my experience with piano allowed me to adjust after a few rehearsals. I guess I'll pick something comfortable like E minor if it sounds okay. Let me know if you have any suggestions for transposition.

Keep up the good work, friends. I'll even use some of your transcriptions as guidelines if they've already accomplished things that are taking me a while to figure out.
Last edited by Wormy on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Wormy wrote:I'll also try to transpose it to a simpler key for you whiny string players. I'm teasing, of course. I know how killer it is to read key signatures like this before you're used to playing them on a string instrument. I played cello for a musical and we had lots of crazy major flat keys and clef changes everywhere. Luckily my experience with piano allowed me to adjust after a few rehearsals. I guess I'll pick something comfortable like E minor if it sounds okay. Let me know if you have any suggestions for transposition.
I was personally gonna upload a picture of myself giving you the middle finger for calling us string players whiny about key signatures that would be impossible for us to play, but I figured you were joking, ha ha.

MY suggestion would be that to make the song in the key of A Minor/C Major. This is me going off on the fact that Jitter, as well as Raindrops and Puddles are just remixes of Painful History. Granted, you're gonna need a few accidentals for the arragements. but meh.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Wormy wrote:I'll also try to transpose it to a simpler key for you whiny string players. I'm teasing, of course. I know how killer it is to read key signatures like this before you're used to playing them on a string instrument. I played cello for a musical and we had lots of crazy major flat keys and clef changes everywhere. Luckily my experience with piano allowed me to adjust after a few rehearsals. I guess I'll pick something comfortable like E minor if it sounds okay. Let me know if you have any suggestions for transposition.
I was personally gonna upload a picture of myself giving you the middle finger for calling us string players whiny about key signatures that would be impossible for us to play, but I figured you were joking, ha ha.

MY suggestion would be that to make the song in the key of A Minor/C Major. This is me going off on the fact that Jitter, as well as Raindrops and Puddles are just remixes of Painful History. Granted, you're gonna need a few accidentals for the arragements. but meh.
Wormy

Post by Wormy »

Snow_Storm wrote:

Oh yes A minor would be good. I don't know why I didn't think of that because I know Jitter very well. Luckily the wonders of notation software make transposition easier. It's a mind-numbing task doing it by hand, which I still do anyway.
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Hey guys, remember me?

Sorry I haven't been on for so long. I haven't had internet access since my last post :S.

Has anyone transcribed Shadow of Truth yet? If so, should I scrap my version that's almost done?
-My real name is actually Misha.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

mprasil wrote:Hey guys, remember me?

Sorry I haven't been on for so long. I haven't had internet access since my last post :S.

Has anyone transcribed Shadow of Truth yet? If so, should I scrap my version that's almost done?

no one transcribed it yet I don't think, I would like to see yours when its done :)
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
saber2th

Post by saber2th »

mprasil wrote:Hey guys, remember me?

Welcome back, can't wait to see it when you finish with it. :D
Check out my Katawa Shoujo cross-over fanarts: http://saber2t.deviantart.com/
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Meh. Me failing at playing "Painful History".

FriendlyAnon

Post by FriendlyAnon »

Hello all. :D

I was wondering, would Red Velvet's melody be playable on tenor and violin? I love the song too much to not want to try and play it, but I don't want to dive in headfirst too quickly.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

FriendlyAnon wrote:Hello all. :D

I was wondering, would Red Velvet's melody be playable on tenor and violin? I love the song too much to not want to try and play it, but I don't want to dive in headfirst too quickly.
Personally, I think the Red Velvet sheet music we got here isn't in the right key for some reason, but that's me.

Anyway, from one violinist to another, it is possible to play Red Velvet. I have yet to test it out but once I do, I'll hit you up.
Soup4Thought

Post by Soup4Thought »

It's the Anon. :b

Alright, thanks a ton. I'll probably experiment a bit with it on the tenor by myself.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Been practicing for a while now and i can almost play Painful History on the piano.

I am at the ending and so i just need to finish it up and do some polishing.

When it is finished I will try to record it and post a video up here.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Snow_Storm wrote:Personally, I think the Red Velvet sheet music we got here isn't in the right key for some reason, but that's me.
NicolArmarfi posted a score for Red Velvet that is, indeed, a half step lower than the OST version of the song. Why it is that way, I do not know. My piano transcription corrects this. Unfortunately, my piano transcription combines the melody with a lot of other chordal and ornamental notes in the right-hand part, so it's difficult to read the melody straight off of that sheet. To make it easier for you, I've extracted the melody to create parts specifically for tenor sax and violin:

Red Velvet: [Tenor Sax] - [Violin]

If there is interest, I can also re-transpose the original instrumentation score without the melody part in order to create a melody-less accompaniment that you can play along with.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune