Emi's New Sprites

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yuuki

Re: Emi's New Sprites

Post by Yuuki »

i think it might just be at that angle...
once, I said nothing...and so much has changed since that day.
dragonloverx

Post by dragonloverx »

Yeah overall I have to say I perfer the old Emi. I always liked short girls and there are girls who are not as tall as others and don't look their age but are still cute.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

I'm personally overjoyed with Emi's character re-design. I REALLY disliked her design before, since she was referred to as "OMG KAWAII, UGUU~" in the game despite having the least detailed sprite out of all the girls. Her sprite being so different from the the rest of the girls annoyed me to no end. Now I can actually play her path without seeing a wannabe loli reject. Her moe appeal is still there, so I'm quite pleased with the redesign.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

@CindehQ
You do know that new Emi is going to make her first appearance in the full game right?
What I'm saying is new Emi isn't in the demo thus you'll play her path with old Emi sprite. And she wasn't referred to as kawaii, they were making fun of her.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

why would anyone want to make her look older? Are you trying to make her less popular?
AppreciativeUser

Post by AppreciativeUser »

This change bumped her route up on my playthrough priority list to fourth (now before Shizune).

That in and of itself is rather significant.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

ubergeneral wrote:why would anyone want to make her look older? Are you trying to make her less popular?
With whom? :|
Axonn

Post by Axonn »

I have to say though, the coloring on the new design helps Emi look better with the rest of the cast.
The old one always bothered me on that part, mostly the hair.

Can't say I hate the new design but the drawing, mainly near her chin looks a little jagged.
Too bad. Waluigi time!
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Axonn wrote:Can't say I hate the new design but the drawing, mainly near her chin looks a little jagged.
It's been pointed out (hehe) that the Shizune sprite is like that too; it's just slightly more pronounced on Emi. Regardless it probably could be smoothed out a bit.
DrmChsr0

Post by DrmChsr0 »

ubergeneral wrote:why would anyone want to make her look older? Are you trying to make her less popular?
Lies.

Emi was never popular.

[/troll]
I should remind you that the most fickle of the writers is "in charge" of Misha. He's the type of person to write an entire VN to troll a fourm. If you keep pushing an issue that we're quite clearly avoiding for a reason then he's liable to change the draft to turn Misha into a dick-girl loving 50-year-old man. - cpl_crud
failureperson

Post by failureperson »

It looks and fits in a lot better, but it still needs to be smoothed off a bit more to really fit in proper. And I like the :3
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Caesius wrote:It's been pointed out
Attachments
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!.jpg
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 5331 times
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
buckbok

Post by buckbok »

Well, after looking at it a bit, I do like the vibrancy and energy of the new Emi. Maybe its her entire face that feels off. Drawing-wise her face is great, but like others, she seems to be lacking the puppy dog feel from the older sprite.

Anyway, as long as no one changes Lilly's sprite, I'll be a happy man. Coz Lilly's the perfect girl! Woot!
Ragnarok1991388

Post by Ragnarok1991388 »

Caesius wrote:
With whom? :|
With us lolicons who liked the loli look, and believe me it has.
People who like this post may also like: tentacle rape, high pitched japanese moaning, and crying out "no! no! no!" (even though they really mean yes).
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

buckbok wrote: Anyway, as long as no one changes Lilly's sprite, I'll be a happy man. Coz Lilly's the perfect girl! Woot!
IIRC, she's already been changed once, but before act 1 came out. Definitely for the better.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com ... o-cast.jpg