Emi's New Sprites

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

VCR
lolbot

Re: Emi's New Sprites

Post by VCR »

I admit I liked the old version a bit more, but the new version is definitely more fitting. Now she will be popular~
;_;
Fronzel wrote:You know what this means?

The old Emi has been FIRED.

I eagerly await Shimmie interpretations of this fact.
Will this compromise work?
[shimmie]1439[/shimmie]

Also:
Guest poster wrote:A little request...you mentioned you're not gonna post more pics of Emi's new look, but seeing that you did update your site to reflect her overhaul...any chance to get Emi's Shimmie counter sprite updated too?
lol
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<

Post by Guest »

I wish I could play through her route with the new sprite; I'm not sure how well her more mature look would work with all the comments from Hisao about her childish looks, personality, and stature. The new sprite standing next to Rin doesn't look very short at all, but Hisao's going to make that joke about being twice her height?
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

I think Moecchi has done an admirable job making Emi more mature, and her plum-butt chin is not worth obsessing over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Fronzel wrote:You know what this means?

The old Emi has been FIRED.
Fired? Nah, your thinking of Hanako; now she got "fired". :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

dragonloverx wrote:Like so many other people have said I am use to the old Emi. Since this version of her is more mature, perhaps they could just throw the younger looking version of her in like a flashback or something?
[shimmie]1439[/shimmie]?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

DuaneMoody wrote:I think Moecchi has done an admirable job making Emi more mature, and her plum-butt chin is not worth obsessing over.
"And then you'd have to live with being the guy who made Emi Ibarazaki pout."

insert chin-nightmares here
Bara

Post by Bara »

U.T. Raptor wrote:?
I believe that pic is supposed to be Emi just after the accident where she lost her legs. Possibly while in the ambulance or in the emergency room?

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Bara wrote:
U.T. Raptor wrote:?
I believe that pic is supposed to be Emi just after the accident where she lost her legs. Possibly while in the ambulance or in the emergency room?
Exactly.
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

Anything I have to say really has already been said but I like these new sprites a lot better for Emi.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I approve. I am a great beast filled with approval and pie. mmm, pie. :mrgreen:

but seriously, best I can put it is that Emi looks kinda less cartoonish. I know that KS is done in an anime-type style, so they're supposed to be a little cartoonish, but Emi was more that than the others. also, her hair almost makes me like pigtails now. almost.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

VCR wrote:Also:
Guest poster wrote:A little request...you mentioned you're not gonna post more pics of Emi's new look, but seeing that you did update your site to reflect her overhaul...any chance to get Emi's Shimmie counter sprite updated too?
lol
So that's a "no", then?
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

U.T. Raptor wrote:
VCR wrote:Also:
lol
So that's a "no", then?
VCR is the one who drew the Shimmie counters. He has nothing to do with the sprites in the game. Considering Emi's general design is the same, that's like saying they should redraw fanart because her detailing changed slightly.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:VCR is the one who drew the Shimmie counters.
I'm well aware of that.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?! lol

Well ain't this a surprise. I leave for almost a week and i come back to see this.

Anyway, i'm kinda on the fence on this change. A part of me likes it since its give Emi a much needed improvement, so she can look up to par with the other characters. Though another part likes the old version, since it what i got used to when i was playing the game...maybe do a hybrid of the two

Though my opinion means nothing and i'm pretty much just spouting nonsense.

Considering what the original Emi looked like, compared to the new one is a dramatic improvement. Though i do hope they clean up the final spires a bit. Especially the right eye, it kinda weirds me out a bit.

A comparison of the three versions of Emi
The Commissar

Post by The Commissar »

Actually, what I like most about the change is the uniform. It no longer looks pressed and stiff, it looks like it's wrinkled and creased from lots of running, which I think fits what she does a lot in the hall.
Resident "morale officer".