Emi's New Sprites

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Emi's New Sprites

Post by G3n0c1de »

I've been looking at 'new Emi', and I think I see some similarities to her new sprite and Shizune. One thing they have in common is the chin point. They also have the 'sketchy outlines' around their eyes, as Caesius pointed out. One last similarity is the shape of their ties. I've looked at the other sprites and these two are the only ones that have these features. While the new Emi sprite is in need of some polishing, I am okay with this change. It really does bring her closer in line with the other girls. Old Emi's tie was way different than the others, for instance.
Attachments
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (521.27 KiB) Viewed 5849 times
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

G3n0c1de wrote:I've been looking at 'new Emi', and I think I see some similarities to her new sprite and Shizune.
It's almost as if they were drawn by the same person or something.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

I like the change. It can use a little cleaning up, but other then that it looks really nice. Almost makes me like Emi. ALMOST
kobe

Post by kobe »

I like the new Emi sprite more than the old one, I was quite pleasantly amused to read a blog post about Emi early in the morning.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

I am not sure what to think of this, I liked the old Emi's look even with all the faults, I do like some of the new changes though...it's just the lines, and the way the eyes are in those new pictures that put me off slightly, I hope they are cleaned up or changed slightly in the final release, otherwise that might slightly put me off Emi, and I don't want that :(

Either way, nice.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Climatic wrote:almost as if they were drawn by the same person or something.
That's the point, but I didn't want to go out and say it because I might have been wrong, which you would have eagerly pointed out. That aside, I do believe that Emi's new artist is moekki, the similarities between Shizune and new Emi are striking.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Raze

Post by Raze »

HOT DAMN!
I like it much better! Sorry Lilly, but your ass has to wait for playthrough #2 now!
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Well, it's sort of been said, but while in some way it fits better with the art style, in other ways it really doesn't, noticeably the lack of block colouring with shadows and shine, especially the hair. But I suspect lots of that is photoshop effects more than the actual drawing, and certainly I like being able to like Emi's bouncy personality without feeling like a child molester
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

It pisses me off a bit that the final release was just delayed at least until the artist goes and adjusts all of Emi's CGs, but the new design is much better than the old loli design. This one looks like it fits her personality better.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I think I'll like the new Emi when she's more polished. I can get behind the design changes, but this clearly looks like a beta version for the new look.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Goldilurks wrote:I think I'll like the new Emi when she's more polished. I can get behind the design changes, but this clearly looks like a beta version for the new look.
lol
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I can't wait to see what the rest of the redesigned sprites look like! :B
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Emi's old design looked like an out-of-place cardboard cutout, and I couldn't take any of her expressions or anything she said seriously even if the script called for it because she was just too ridiculous. The new design will actually allow her to have believable expressions and will result in a much deeper characterization I think. Definitely better.
Asteru

Post by Asteru »

I like the new sprite. I think she looks a lot cuter than the old one, actually. She's a lot less stiff and actually looks bouncy and energetic like she actually is. The eyes look a lot more soulful, too.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Well I think they're pretty goddamned awesome, anyway.