Current design of the girls.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Quidoo

Re: Current design of the girls.

Post by Quidoo »

Caesius wrote:Personally, I think this VN would be better if it took a "Yoshi's Island" art direction. Or if not the whole VN, then at least the sex scenes -- who can complain about the inclusion of hentai if it's done in crayon?
If I could draw I would definitely have a try at that last suggestion. Then again, I suppose someone who can't draw would pull of a more effective picture.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Gash

Post by Gash »

Caesius wrote:Personally, I think this VN would be better if it took a "Yoshi's Island" art direction. Or if not the whole VN, then at least the sex scenes -- who can complain about the inclusion of hentai if it's done in crayon?
Sex scenes looking like something from Yoshi's island...the worst part is that this sounds kinda funny. It comes to the Rin sex scene. Turns out she's a stoner and would rather sleep with Hisao while they're both high. Hisao tries it. Everything goes crazy!
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Touch fuzzy, get dizzy.

[bad end]
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Gash wrote:
Pimmy wrote:Ah, so you were referring to the Grid1 designs. Emi really doesn't look that different actually!
I still lol at how much trouble the old artist seemed to have coloring INSIDE the lines.
Its not uncommon to see some artists who overlap the lines a bit as part of their style.
That's not style in this example, bro
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

[quote="Gash"It comes to the Rin sex scene. Turns out she's a stoner and would rather sleep with Hisao while they're both high. Hisao tries it. Everything goes crazy![/quote]

The image of Rin putting an acid blotter in Hisao's mouth using her toes will not leave my mind.

I like the old Emi design a litle more than the new one, even if my brain keeps going "Too tall too tall somethings wrong." Rin, not so much. Anyone else see a Spaniel's ears in her hair?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Pimmy wrote:
Gash wrote:
Pimmy wrote:Ah, so you were referring to the Grid1 designs. Emi really doesn't look that different actually!
I still lol at how much trouble the old artist seemed to have coloring INSIDE the lines.
Its not uncommon to see some artists who overlap the lines a bit as part of their style.
That's not style in this example, bro
Right. This is closer to it being stylistic (Shameless plug, I know).
静音是买外夫
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

There are, iirc, a few clips from an older demo on Youtube, including one of Hanako (and one of Lilly when she still played the violin and had a dog).
UNIT0918

Post by UNIT0918 »

dragonloverx wrote:
EternalLurker wrote:Unless you took TheHivemind seriously, it's just Lilly until you post that pic of Emi you claim to have seen, as people have requested more than once now.
I also found this one of Rin... she looks too cheerful to me. I like the demo version better.
Huh. I actually find Rin's old design more attractive. Must be the eyes, hair, and uniform.
Seeing that more people are using Valkyria Chronicles avatars, I'll follow suit.
Bara

Post by Bara »

SirMax wrote:I'm not saying I like that design more than her current one, I'm just saying it's a pity it's not used for anything now.

Edit: holy- I'm liking old Emi.

Obviously I am a philistine.
The one feature I realy like is the hairstyle on Emi in the pic from Grid 1. The eye color tho... no.
Rin, Nope. I think the current version is hands down better.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Bara wrote:Rin, Nope. I think the current version is hands down better.
... that was awful and should consequently go into the Horatio Caine thread. :)

But concerning the original design of the girls there are pictures of them wearing a green jacket and a sweater. I even remember seeing them wearing those in a youtube video. [shimmie]184[/shimmie]

Somehow I find this uniform better than the current one but I suppose they are harder to draw than simple white shirts or are too thick and impractical for a game that is supposed to span over only three months of a single summer.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Loki

Post by Loki »

I think there was a phase where the developers wanted to change/modify the uniform. I *think* those were the 'winter' versions of the uniform but this was yonks ago so I could be spouting shit again.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Deimos wrote:
Bara wrote:Rin, Nope. I think the current version is hands down better.
... that was awful and should consequently go into the Horatio Caine thread. :)
Do'h!! Actualy that was unintentional. I posted that just before crashing for the night so maybe I can try and get off with a plea of posting while in a semi-concious state? :shock:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Oh, wow, if that was unintentional then that's hilarious. ^_^

I can see a few potential issues with the green uniform there which might account for why the devs chose the current uniform. For one, it looks far too different from a probable boy's uniform, which would make Rin stand out too noticeably. With the current uniform, the tie is a significant difference, but other than that her uniform doesn't attract too much attention.