Making a Game... Anyone else trying it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dragonloverx

Making a Game... Anyone else trying it?

Post by dragonloverx »

I have several stories and ideas that are always floating in my head and even most of one book finished… though it has taken me years. Is anyone else into making a game or just a story for that matter? Music, artists, planning, translation, storytellers, programmers, ect. I was inspired when I heard how the making of this game came about, that and its an awesome game, has anyone else felt inspired?
Gash

Re: Making a Game... Anyone else trying it?

Post by Gash »

I've dabbled in the past but never succeeded.

Not overtly keen to try either but I'm happy to give a second opinion on any ideas you have. In other words just trying to find holes to savagely poke until they tear.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I'm currently making a fangame of I Wanna Be The Guy.
But that kind of game doesn't need much plot. The plot is just an excuse to dodge spikes and shoot stuff anyway.
Helsinki

Post by Helsinki »

I'm still in the middle of making a Psycho-murder mistory visual novel.
It was inspired by Katawa Shoujo, Yume Miru Kusuri, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
"One who chases after two hares won't catch even one.".
"Ni usagi wo ou mono wa ichi usagi wo mo ezu."
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Currently writing for a top secret VN project with Delta and VCR.

I can't tell you any details, but it's about lobsters.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I made a game in RPG Maker XP a while ago, and part of another game which was more messing with what I could do with the engine than anything else. Since then though, I found out that my copy of RPG Maker XP wasn't legal and I can't spare $60. So I haven't worked on anything since then.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Currently writing for a top secret VN project with Delta and VCR.

I can't tell you any details, but it's about lobsters.
Go, Lobster, GO
静音是买外夫
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I've been trying to get into Inform for a while now. Anyone more familiar with that?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

I wanted to do something short to give it a try, but got halfway through trying to make a sprite and gave up D| Maybe some day!
dragonloverx

Post by dragonloverx »

Yeah I am waiting for winter break to work on both my Japanesse and writing my books. I think I wrote myself into a corner in the end and have to start over from the start to get a better idea of how I want the storyline to go.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

I have a project with a suitably badass name on my computer, but I can't draw worth shit. I may write it up anyway, pack it full of public domain stuff and put it up somewhere if I ever get bored out of my fucking mind.
qinop

Post by qinop »

Yep. I'm good at writing, baaaaaaad at drawing.
A VN ain't worth shit if the user's eyes are bleeding, y'know?
If I could get an artist to do some sprites, I might be able to get this off of the ground. Until then, I've got a script in the making.
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you fags can stop arguing about retarded shit for a second and give me sauce?
Akira

Post by Akira »

Was going to try making a renpy game based on a story I'd written.
Problem is, before I could make a serious attempt at starting on it, my computer went KABOOM on me. Now I'm stuck with this ancient Compaq desktop which can barely run its own OS, let alone Photoshop and the other graphical tricks I wanted to use.
Oh well, at least saving up to build a new PC is giving me plenty of time to perfect the storyline. Silver lining in the cloud and all that... :wink:
dragonloverx

Post by dragonloverx »

Akira wrote:Was going to try making a renpy game based on a story I'd written.
Problem is, before I could make a serious attempt at starting on it, my computer went KABOOM on me. Now I'm stuck with this ancient Compaq desktop which can barely run its own OS, let alone Photoshop and the other graphical tricks I wanted to use.
Oh well, at least saving up to build a new PC is giving me plenty of time to perfect the storyline. Silver lining in the cloud and all that... :wink:
Good way of looking at it. I hope to write more of my stories after this semester ends.
ksotaku100

Post by ksotaku100 »

I was thinkin' of doing a FPS using FPS Creator. Anime-style.
I plan on making an Anime-style FPS/TPS. Cel-shaded 3D Animation and using Source from Valve Corp.

Shizune always reminds me of 2K-tan and Izumi Sawatari.

Battle of Katawa, a mecha RPG-Strategy-Action Game. (Named after Battle of Sunrise.)