fan made spoiler origins

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lawls

fan made spoiler origins

Post by Lawls »

I got Ikezawa but where did all the other ones come from? (they seem to me that they were made on the fly after Ikezawa just to make this)
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Bara

Re: fan made spoiler origins

Post by Bara »

I actualy like it. But, I AM easily ammused.... :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

They are all correct, none of them were made up in any way possible.

They are the absolute truth just like everything else on 4chan
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Bara wrote:I actualy like it. But, I AM easily ammused.... :lol:
I also thought that this was done rather well
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

Snicket

Post by Snicket »

LOL I saw that on 4chan last time i was on.

*sarcasm* I wounder how much of it is true?

-Edit: Some of those 'spoilers' have been floating around 4chan for a while. The others were probably just made up.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Snicket wrote:LOL I just saw that on 4chan.

I just want to understand how they came up with them rather it intelligent foreshadowing or superficial observations

Bara

Post by Bara »

Lawls wrote:

I just want to understand how they came up with them rather it intelligent foreshadowing or superficial observations
Intelligent anything let alone foreshadowing has not been my limited experience with 4chan. :wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Bara wrote:
Lawls wrote:

Intelligent anything let alone foreshadowing has not been my limited experience with 4chan. :wink:
You realize that Katawa Shoujo originated on 4chan, right? As well as MSPaint Adventures? And like 90% of all internet memes and injokes?
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Bara

Post by Bara »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
Bara wrote:
Lawls wrote: I just want to understand how they came up with them rather it intelligent foreshadowing or superficial observations
You realize that Katawa Shoujo originated on 4chan, right? As well as MSPaint Adventures? And like 90% of all internet memes and injokes?
Yes I'm aware of KS origin in 4chan. I also understand that almost no real, concrete actions towards making an actual VN occured until the Devs pulled away from the clammoring jackassery that is most of the participants of 4chan. I'm not particularly interested in MSPaint Adventures or 90% of internet memes and injokes. Maybe that lack of interest is a condemnation of me, but I won't loose any sleep over this possible flaw in my moral fiber. I'll admire the occasional nuggets from 4chan but I refuse to pretend to admire the mountain of muck that typicaly covers them. :wink:

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bara wrote:Yes I'm aware of KS origin in 4chan. I also understand that almost no real, concrete actions towards making an actual VN occured until the Devs pulled away from the clammoring jackassery that is most of the participants of 4chan.
Putting it like that is maybe a tad unfair to the people who were really trying to make something out of KS in spring 07. It's true that real progress wasn't made until 4LS was formed, but most people involved with KS from January to April were very earnestly trying their best. It just turned out that the first attempts at concerete actions towards making an actual VN weren't sustainable at all in the long run.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Also, if that hadn't happened we wouldn't have been able to avoid said mistakes. Except when we repeat them, of course.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

As if Shizune would allow herself to be anything less than perfect in the sack.
Bara

Post by Bara »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:Putting it like that is maybe a tad unfair to the people who were really trying to make something out of KS in spring 07. It's true that real progress wasn't made until 4LS was formed, but most people involved with KS from January to April were very earnestly trying their best. It just turned out that the first attempts at concerete actions towards making an actual VN weren't sustainable at all in the long run.
Sure I was harsh, especially since I'm just a "johnnie-come-lately-fanboy" of KS myself. I've contributed 0% to KS and claim no reflected glory from the work of others. I like to think I'm honest with myself in that respect.
I seriously doubt if I'll ever be more than, at best, a lukewarm admirer of 4chan; I don't think it is evil though. It is a good place to loose the restraints on your mind and let what is inside bubble out. Unfortunately, so much of that consists of, "Hur, hur! I'd rape dat! lulz!!". 4chan IS a high noise to signal environment and while ideas may be spawned there; any long term project beyond the scope of a single artist is likely to wither and die before completion, due in large part to that noise to signal ratio. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing; because, face it, some ideas don't deserve to come to fruition. :wink:

I'd bet the scenario that created the OP was 3 to 5 people bullshitting for about 20 minutes and one person ducking away for 30 to 45 minutes and coming back with a 1st draft and saying what do you think guys; maybe getting a few additions or tweaks and 10 minutes later the finished product. Then again, maybe it sprang full grown from Zeus' brow. I don't care how or why it came about, it makes me laugh by reflecting some of my KS fanboy attitudes. :lol:

Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Bara wrote:
☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:Putting it like that is maybe a tad unfair to the people who were really trying to make something out of KS in spring 07. It's true that real progress wasn't made until 4LS was formed, but most people involved with KS from January to April were very earnestly trying their best. It just turned out that the first attempts at concerete actions towards making an actual VN weren't sustainable at all in the long run.
Sure I was harsh, especially since I'm just a "johnnie-come-lately-fanboy" of KS myself. I've contributed 0% to KS and claim no reflected glory from the work of others. I like to think I'm honest with myself in that respect.
I seriously doubt if I'll ever be more than, at best, a lukewarm admirer of 4chan; I don't think it is evil though. It is a good place to loose the restraints on your mind and let what is inside bubble out. Unfortunately, so much of that consists of, "Hur, hur! I'd rape dat! lulz!!". 4chan IS a high noise to signal environment and while ideas may be spawned there; any long term project beyond the scope of a single artist is likely to wither and die before completion, due in large part to that noise to signal ratio. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing; because, face it, some ideas don't deserve to come to fruition. :wink:

I'd bet the scenario that created the OP was 3 to 5 people bullshitting for about 20 minutes and one person ducking away for 30 to 45 minutes and coming back with a 1st draft and saying what do you think guys; maybe getting a few additions or tweaks and 10 minutes later the finished product. Then again, maybe it sprang full grown from Zeus' brow. I don't care how or why it came about, it makes me laugh by reflecting some of my KS fanboy attitudes. :lol:
There are more boards than /b/, you know. /b/ has ALWAYS been the worst board. Always, even back when there were only like 5 boards.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
Bara wrote:

There are more boards than /b/, you know. /b/ has ALWAYS been the worst board. Always, even back when there were only like 5 boards.
then moot tore heaven and earth and 4chan got a lot bigger