Real Life People with Special Conditions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Saucium

Real Life People with Special Conditions

Post by Saucium »

Hello, everyone. ^_^v

I recently came across some programs on Discovery Channel about people with "special conditions." One was a so-called "Octopus Man" who had an undeveloped conjoined twin growing out the side of his belly--basically what looked like part of a skull and misshapen limbs (hence the term) that bent the spine of the poor guy who was carrying him.

Another story involved that of a "tree man." He had a lot of warts all over his body that made him look like a human tree. Apparently, his weakened immune system couldn't fight off the infection that was causing the warts.

There was also this case of "wolf" kids whose condition (I forgot the exact term) caused them to grow facial hair unnaturally quickly, making them look like werewolves.

A fourth case was that of a girl who couldn't expose herself to direct sunlight without wearing protective clothing. Sunlight on her unprotected skin really hurt her.

I understand that the line-up of female characters with their respective handicaps is more or less final already, and this may be water under the bridge, but these programs intrigued me so much that they got me thinking about this visual novel in progress. I just felt I had to share these.

Imagine if we had Katawa Shoujo characters based on the real-life cases above. Thoughts, anyone?
techk8

Re: Real Life People with Special Conditions

Post by techk8 »

You know, I'm pretty sure characters like those exist in the high school where Katawa Shoujo takes place. But I doubt that they can be talked to.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Saucium

Post by Saucium »

NPCs, you mean? It'll be interesting to run into them, even if they're really minor characters. :)
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

"NPCs" is really not the right term, since every character is an NPC except Hisao, and you barely control him. :| I think more of what he means is the sort of person who shows up in a CG or Hisao mentions seeing, but who doesn't have a sprite or anything- like the girl with one hand in Hisao's classroom.
Loldunno

Post by Loldunno »

Speaking if Real Life People. IRL Rin.
http://theoriens.com/jessica-cox-the-fi ... h-no-arms/
And you thought having no arms was a disability.
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

These are all very rare conditions. They probably don't have them at this school. But I still don't know what Misha's handicap is, so who knows?
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
Sakura Tenshi

Post by Sakura Tenshi »

Here's another great example a friend of mine linked me to: http://www.flixxy.com/ballet
Saucium

Post by Saucium »

Great examples, folks! I think I ran into that Hand in Hand Ballet thingy before. ^^
Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox »

Triplet burn victims (Hanako IRL?):
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/MindMoodNews ... 445&page=1