will turing off hentei ruin the flow of the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

will turing off hentei ruin the flow of the game?

Post by ubergeneral »

Ok so there is an option to turn off hentei. Whatever floats your boat.

But what exactly will happen with hentei is turned off? Obviously the sex scenes isn't just there for arousal. They will move the story along. But if hentei is turned off and these scenes are skipped won't this hurt the story since an importent part of the story was missed?

What I mean is that if a player has hentei turned off they still need to know what happened behind closed doors since it will be important. There can't be a big gap because someone didn't want to see boobies.

What is your opinion on this?
Caesius

Re: will turing off hentei ruin the flow of the game?

Post by Caesius »

Yes.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

I agree.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Possibly
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I thought someone said that the scenes would still be played out with the same dialouge, except that the background is blacked out.
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

It will ruin the story.(i think). because there maybe important scene and dialogue will be skipped too
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Depends on what is in those scenes. Sure there's a lot of love, but will there be anything that the player actually NEEDS to learn or read from those scenes to understand the rest of the game? Obviously, flat out skipping large chunks of dialogue does hurt the flow of stories, but I think that when the option to skip is on, the scenes will still be implied enough afterward so that the player won't miss out on anything important. One solution is to write a short bit that encapsulates anything important from the hentai scenes, and having the player read that. It would be like an alternative scene, or a summarization. How the team handles it is up to them, but really, don't think that the devs haven't thought of stuff like this themselves. However they handle it, I'm sure that they'll find a way that works.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

You can try simulating this by reading Act 1 and skipping an arbitrary scene.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Turning off the ability to view h-scenes will lead to the H segments being skipped, as if they never existed. This includes all text and images, with no summary being included.

So yes. You miss some of the story.

We have thought about this, and generally decided that if someone wants to skip a portion of the story, then they can do so. But we're not going to do more work to accomodate them.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:You can try simulating this by reading Act 1 and skipping an arbitrary scene.
I tried that and it didn't make a difference...
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Wonderful news!
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Sure is developer in here. And OP, it's up to the person, really. This won't make a difference for most of the people who will play the game, as they'll leave the H-scenes on. And for the few who turn it off, they know that they'll be skipping certain things, and they'll probably be fine with it. The only problem here is if someone who knows that they're going to skip the H-scenes comes in here demanding that the devs accommodate his needs.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I don't see a problem with that last. Just a lot of "hahaha, no" and b&hammer, but no problem. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Tom Noble

Post by Tom Noble »

Maybe they'll just pull a Persona 3/4 for all of the turned of H scenes and say that "Hisao spent a long while with <insert character name here."

/is shot/
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

Rin's introduction scene comes to mind.

Hisao manages to go into great detail of what he's looking at even though we could obviously see Rin staring at us. Considering the descriptive writing so far, it would be fairly easy to just paint the screen black and still know what was going on.